What's new

IRGC successfully tests new Tabas and Mersad missile systems: report

first tell me what do you mean by (TPS).

no Mersad is an New and updated version of Shalamche system it has range of 40-50 km Talash goes beyond 100 km range.

Shalamche system also known as Mersad-1

150328-chang-iran-trading-tech-china-nkorea-tease_g0z1be

Talash system

57954_190623IRNmissle_1561282740668.jpg

read article

The Revolutionary Guard’s mid-range TPS missile system also tested its readiness during the maneuvers by launching missiles towards targets, which destroyed the enemy’s virtual targets.

as far as Im aware Mersad still use Shakamcheh and Shahin missile , it has another upgrade called kamin-2 which made the system portable and use an upgraded missile that increased its range
EFEX0xgWsAAaGa4

I taught we no longer buid systems based on Shhahin and Shalamcheh missiles

they are different they are more maneuverable and has more speed then Shalamche

Shalamcheh missile

Shalamcheh_surface-to-air_medium_range_missile_Mersad_air_defense_system_Iran_Iranian_army_640_001.jpg

Mehrab missile

13980526212428399181409210.jpg

Mersad-16 missile

157450155976072600.jpg

read article

The Revolutionary Guard’s mid-range TPS missile system also tested its readiness during the maneuvers by launching missiles towards targets, which destroyed the enemy’s virtual targets.
well mehrab and mersad are the only mid rang systems lately built but not by IRGC it self

problem with mersad is that it's bulky and not too much portable
and 3rd of khordad & 15 khordad have thrice the range of Buk-M2 so it's hard to put them in the same category
for short range and point defence system we need something that can cope with swarm of targets and Mersad and Kamin-2 are not what you want to use against swarm tactics , their missiles are big , expensive and very soon will ran out of ammo .

by the way if I'm not wrong Kamin-2 is Iran attempt to pair Taer and Sayyad missiles to Hawk Fire control and Radars

For point system it is perfectly fine and cheap solution. To provide adequate coverage. I need proof that missiles are expensive as Hawk has been mass produced in Iran for a while. I don’t believe they would be expensive especially in comparison to Iran’s more capable SAMs.

Explain what you mean by swarm? If you mean cruise missiles then only Skyguard (automated AA using radar + IR) can economically engage swarms.

Even Pantsir has failed in Syria as a stand-alone system in Both swarm and drone protection. (Israel and turkey obliterated Pantsir).

So no system as a stand-alone can protect against swarm. Hawk fights perfectly in short range envelope while Khordad/Tabas/Raad cover medium and Bavar and S-300 covers long.

Eventually Iranian Oghab will be added as another point defense system. Though mobility is over-rated as any TV guided or IR guarded missile will destroy even a moving Pantsir (as released video from Israeli suicide drones have shown).

The mobility is more for negating gps guided/satellite imagery by constantly moving it’s location

Mehrab missile

13980526212428399181409210.jpg
marine version of the system
Mersad-16 missile

157450155976072600.jpg
as I said don't use Shahin and shalamcheh missile . but the problem still remain . still to big and don't have enough ammo to be used as point defense and be useful against swarm tactic.
its a design that is useful for the purpose
800px-Iron_Dome_near_Sderot.jpg

it carry 20 missile and each missile only cost 40000-50000$. we need to design such system as soon as possible

as I said don't use Shahin and shalamcheh missile . but the problem still remain . still to big and don't have enough ammo to be used as point defense and be useful against swarm tactic.

it carry 20 missile and each missile only cost 40000-50000$. we need to design such system as soon as possible

You are all over the place here. Israeli Iron dome is not point defense system against threats Iran faces. It is primarily used to try to intercept rockets/artillery/mortars and limited protection against Aircraft.

This system would get bulldozed by a cruise missile swarm hence why after Iran cruise missile attack on Saudi Arabia, Israel scrambled to build an air defense system that can combat cruise missile swarms.

Iran’s threats are not from rockets, artillery, motors. They are from drones and cruise missiles and stand off PGMs. Iron dome is useless against that.

So again I take Mersad over Iron dome for Iran’s threats.

If i'm not mistaken, its irony dumb air defense system.

It failed against Hamas' small rockets that lacked any kind of maneuvering capabilities. Even if we believe the Israeli tales about 50% interception of Hamas rockets, it still doesn't make any sense because Hamas rockets are the simplest military rockets that you could ever find. And its still a failure to say that it intercepted 50% of kitchen made rockets. We don't need this system but something in same caliber of Pantsir and Tor, to defend our air defense batteries against the possible extensive cruise attacks from American naval forces. I don't know, but there are rumors that defense ministry is developing Oghab air defense system to do the job.

For point system it is perfectly fine and cheap solution. To provide adequate coverage. I need proof that missiles are expensive as Hawk has been mass produced in Iran for a while. I don’t believe they would be expensive especially in comparison to Iran’s more capable SAMs.
why you think system built in Iran are cheap . let ask one question whats the price HESA Kowsar
Explain what you mean by swarm? If you mean cruise missiles then only Skyguard (automated AA using radar + IR) can economically engage swarms.
the system simply need more missile otherwise its not a feasible system against cruise missile and drones.
Even Pantsir has failed in Syria as a stand-alone system in Both swarm and drone protection. (Israel and turkey obliterated Pantsir).
pantsir have fundamental problem as its effectiveness against target compared to Tor system discussed here already
Eventually Iranian Oghab will be added as another point defense system. Though mobility is over-rated as any TV guided or IR guarded missile will destroy even a moving Pantsir (as released video from Israeli suicide drones have shown).

The mobility is more for negating gps guided/satellite imagery by constantly moving it’s location
the mobility is to protect moving military systems and is not overrated at all its a most in future dynamic battlefields

You are all over the place here. Israeli Iron dome is not point defense system against threats Iran faces. It is primarily used to try to intercept rockets/artillery/mortars and limited protection against Aircraft.
its effectively used against drones that entered their air space and it can hit targets 70km away so its designed for more than mortars.
If i'm not mistaken, its irony dumb air defense system.

It failed against Hamas' small rockets that lacked any kind of maneuvering capabilities. Even if we believe the Israeli tales about 50% interception of Hamas rockets, it still doesn't make any sense because Hamas rockets are the simplest military rockets that you could ever find. And its still a failure to say that it intercepted 50% of kitchen made rockets. We don't need this system but something in same caliber of Pantsir and Tor, to defend our air defense batteries against the possible extensive cruise attacks from American naval forces. I don't know, but there are rumors that defense ministry is developing Oghab air defense system to do the job.
well I give respect when its due . those 50% is about all rockets , when it come to rockets in important places , when was the last time that we saw they actually hit something . and let not talk about Hamas , let talk about Syria how the system fared against Syria ?

and please if it's offered to me every day I take it over pantsir. and the problem with TOR is that it's missiles are expensive and it has a quarter of the range of this system
about Oghab ,it's not unveiled yet and after that it will take some time for it to be mass produced and honestly until it come out we can't discuss about it

well I give respect when its due . those 50% is about all rockets , when it come to rockets in important places , when was the last time that we saw they actually hit something . and let not talk about Hamas , let talk about Syria how the system fared against Syria ?

and please if it's offered to me every day I take it over pantsir. and the problem with TOR is that it's missiles are expensive and it has a quarter of the range of this system
about Oghab ,it's not unveiled yet and after that it will take some time for it to be mass produced and honestly until it come out we can't discuss about it
That's right, before being unveiled its a mistake to discuss it. But i hope it has the capability of both Pantsir and Tor, Russia can afford to develop 2 different systems but we can't. We have to look for the best and most cost effective solution. Hopefully Oghab could fulfill it.

From where the hell you guys are getting technology?

western propaganda consumer above^

western propaganda machines have a habit of hyping up western equiptment to no end, and equally ridiculing their enemies weapons.. only the white man has the ability to make technology.

over time this gives the impression not only to westerners, but many manyyy eastern fanboys that American/western military is some sort of magic. that only western sorcerers can make. and only their military equipment is of any value.

This is the sort of thinking that got both the Russians and British humiliated at the hands of "little yellow men" Japanese in the early to mid 20th century. where in a few decades japan went from an agricultural primitive country to an industrialized super power.

the US navy is setting itself up for a similar earth shattering beating caused by undersestimating the enemy/racism.

do not get me wrong i would love to see an iron dome in Iran but for now we only have Ogab and an Iranian pantsir models ready which are suitable for threats we currently face

do not get me wrong i would love to see an iron dome in Iran but for now we only have Ogab and an Iranian pantsir models ready which are suitable for threats we currently face
Oghab is based on Tor. the first version don't have the cannon , but later they gonna add a cannon to it that's why they call it Iranian pantsir, otherwise its more like Iranian Tor

Back
Top Bottom