What's new

Iraq's war against IS terrorism | Updates and Discussions

The country has no allies, it's taking help from Iran/US as both offer it. PUK are pro Iran hence their support to them, they support various groups this is known by everyone, that way they can keep influence. No one says they're great, but there's priority which obviously is IS.

Sure they might be but we don't have a lot of choice now do we, even the tribes fighting IS in Anbar requested Shi'a groups help, no other choice. As for integrating them in the army, it's possible but the army is extremely centralized. If soldiers are besieged and ask for help it'll take days before it reaches them going through all the red tape whilst the decentralized volunteer groups don't need permission from the top, they're a lot more effective. The only 2 choices at the moment are to let ISIS win, or to use any group there is to defeat them. I prefer the last, tribes in Anbar fighting ISIS made the same choice.

Cause he's most likely in doha.

Supporting the tribes, Iraqi army, government and ordinary Shia volunteers is one thing. Supporting Shia militias bankrolled by the Mullah's is an entirely different story.
That's what I am trying to tell you here.

Al-Douri is likely playing a role to this day. If you take a look at the leadership of Daesh they are almost entirely former Iraqi Ba'ath officers close to Saddam and Izzat and their inner circle. The remaining conclusions are very easy to draw. I see Al-Baghdadi as just a figurehead. Behind the scenes former Ba'ath officers are ruling and conspiring.

Yes, it would be interesting to know where he is. If he is in Doha (which I somehow doubt) then how did he get there? The Americans have a major base in Qatar. They surely would have known and I doubt that they would support that. I won't rule it out that he is based in Iraq or Syria. He might be dead by now too. Last time I heard about him was the summer of 2014.

I don't follow Ba'ath forums though so he might have given life signs after that period.

Reports that popular resistance forces have started a massive operation to completely liberate Salahuddin province which includes taking back Baiji and Tikrit.

Unconfirmed reports that Iran's air force is providing air cover for the operation, no visual proof yet.

Supporting the tribes, Iraqi army, government and ordinary Shia volunteers is one thing. Supporting Shia militias bankrolled by the Mullah's is an entirely different story.
That's what I am trying to tell you here.

Al-Douri is likely playing a role to this day. If you take a look at the leadership of Daesh they are almost entirely former Iraqi Ba'ath officers close to Saddam and Izzat and their inner circle. The remaining conclusions are very easy to draw. I see Al-Baghdadi as just a figurehead. Behind the scenes former Ba'ath officers are ruling and conspiring.

Yes, it would be interesting to know where he is. If he is in Doha (which I somehow doubt) then how did he get there? The Americans have a major base in Qatar. They surely would have known and I doubt that they would support that. I won't rule it out that he is based in Iraq or Syria. He might be dead by now too. Last time I heard about him was the summer of 2014.

I don't follow Ba'ath forums though so he might have given life signs after that period.

You mean groups like Kataib hezbollah, US listed them a terror group as well, but currently I have no problem with them, they can terrorize ISIS.

Kataib Hezbollah caused trouble in Baghdad this week, don't know if you saw the article, see here. Iraqi PM Abadi orders arms-free zone in Baghdad « ASHARQ AL-AWSAT
Though again here, I find ISIS is far higher priority, why use army resources to crack down on them and risk internal fighting, the risks are too great and all it would do is help ISIS.

In June you and almost all Arabs on PDF were really believing the story that Douri and his friends took over, that he would appear in Mosul. I told you it's not true back than and i'm telling you the same today. The tag Former baathist is wrongly used, almost every officer in the former army is considered a former baathists using that logic. That would include many in my own family whilst they have nothing with that ideology, simply conscripts. Douri is irrelevant anyway, it's just that the Iraqi Sunnis are divided among 3 sides. Pro gov/army, pro ISIS and those who prefer to live in delusion thinking Douri and the former baathists have any power.. ISIS is tearing their *** but they still prefer to live in a fantasy world with their speeches on the internet and in Amman.

You mean groups like Kataib hezbollah, US listed them a terror group as well, but currently I have no problem with them, they can terrorize ISIS.

Kataib Hezbollah caused trouble in Baghdad this week, don't know if you saw the article, see here. Iraqi PM Abadi orders arms-free zone in Baghdad « ASHARQ AL-AWSAT
Though again here, I find ISIS is far higher priority, why use army resources to crack down on them and risk internal fighting, the risks are too great and all it would do is help ISIS.

In June you and almost all Arabs on PDF were really believing the story that Douri and his friends took over, that he would appear in Mosul. I told you it's not true back than and i'm telling you the same today. The tag Former baathist is wrongly used, almost every officer in the former army is considered a former baathists using that logic. That would include many in my own family whilst they have nothing with that ideology, simply conscripts. Douri is irrelevant anyway, it's just that the Iraqi Sunnis are divided among 3 sides. Pro gov/army, pro ISIS and those who prefer to live in delusion thinking Douri and the former baathists have any power.. ISIS is tearing their *** but they still prefer to live in a fantasy world with their speeches on the internet and in Amman.

I mean all groups bankrolled by the Mullah's and which are acting in their interests and service. Give me only single sane reason to why Arab states should support such groups? They form a small part of the resistance against Daesh anyway.

I don't recall ever believing that nor have I supported any Ba'athist's whether in Syria or Iraq. The only thing that I have been saying always is that Al-Maliki's regime was counterproductive and largely against the Sunni Arabs and looking out for revenge from the time of Saddam etc. Alienating the population etc. I was not proven wrong.

Al-Abadi himself have admitted that the policy was wrong.

Besides I don't have a problem with Ba'ath ideology aside from disagreeing with it. It's an ideology like any other. It has some good sides and some bad sides. As you say most former Ba'athist's in Iraq were/are ordinary people. From all sects and ethnicities.

We discussed this many times and I don't disagree. I have always been saying that. Don't forget the MB affiliates.

Last edited:
I mean all groups bankrolled by the Mullah's and which are acting in their interests and service. Give me only single sane reason to why Arab states should support such groups? They form a small part of the resistance against Daesh anyway.
They shouldn't support them.

But there's too much lies about them, equalizing them with ISIS whilst their actions are nowhere near theirs. The propaganda that they're massacring people left and right whilst we don't see any of that. AAH even helped local Sunnis escape ISIS as confirmed by vid. If you search on the internet you might find several video's saying those militia's massacred but it's not confirmed ( and with all the lies going around what can you trust ? ). Even if it's true, every group has a minority of extremists who will go full retard now and then, you can't prevent it. We saw this in the US military MP's tortured people in Abu Ghraib, soldiers started shooting random civillians as they thought they're all the enemy after 9/11.. don't forget blackwater etc.

Though it makes no difference, as you remember everyone said the Maliki army killed civillians whilst it didn't do any of that, so whatever you do you will be accused thanks to religious hatred.

They shouldn't support them.

But there's too much lies about them, equalizing them with ISIS whilst their actions are nowhere near theirs. The propaganda that they're massacring people left and right whilst we don't see any of that. AAH even helped local Sunnis escape ISIS as confirmed by vid. If you search on the internet you might find several video's saying those militia's massacred but it's not confirmed ( and with all the lies going around what can you trust ? ). Even if it's true, every group has a minority of extremists who will go full retard now and then, you can't prevent it. We saw this in the US military MP's tortured people in Abu Ghraib, soldiers started shooting random civillians as they thought they're all the enemy after 9/11.. don't forget blackwater etc.

Though it makes no difference, as you remember everyone said the Maliki army killed civillians whilst it didn't do any of that, so whatever you do you will be accused thanks to religious hatred.

Find me a source from an Arab official equaling any terrorist group with Daesh? Independent sources have confirmed Shia militia atrocities on Sunni Arabs. This is no fantasy. Of course that does to make them Daesh but much, much less than that can quality them as a terrorist group.

In any case why even all this talk about good and bad terrorist groups? What are they even needed for? They do more harm than good on the long run.

Well, Al-Maliki was no angel and I can't believe that you think so. Once again plenty of independent sources (local, Arab, non-Arab, "Muslim", "non-Muslim" etc.) have confirmed it.

A simple google search will find hundreds of such links. Just in English.

How can the U.S. help Maliki when Maliki’s the problem? - The Washington Post

Al-Abadi is much, much better and there is no question about that. He speaks English too. He is a Shia but nobody has a problem with that. Al-Maliki's sect was not the problem either.
He was just simply a retard that ultimately became hated by almost all Iraqis. Photos of him were even burned in Basra. Enough said.

I have little bad to say about Al-Abadi so far.

Also confirmation of Jordanian air strike in Mosul

Sky News Arabic, citing Iraqi sources, reported Jordanian warplanes killed “over 35” Islamic State fighters overnight in their stronghold in and around Mosul in northern Iraq.

After draining the terrorist infested areas of Baghdad, terrorist attacks have dropped by 90% inside the city.

PM Abadi order for a first step in making the capital an arms-free city. The old law states that each house could store one pistol or Ak-47.

First neighbourhoods are Karada (high class neighbourhood with many shia milita offices), kadhimiya, Adhamiya and Mansour.

Over 100 roads will have concrete blocs removed and be opened soon, as well as the removal of night curfew which was from 12am-5am for the first time in 8 years.

In other news, a security committee headed by Ayad Allawi was formed. So far Ayad Allawi has been using his influence and connections to gain support from Arab countries. Kuwait and UAE have so far offered to support Iraq by offering free weapons. This was made possible through Ayad Allawis comittee.

UAE has recently increased its interference in order to help train and supply the Tribes of Anbar. Details are still mostly unknown though.

Also confirmation of Jordanian air strike in Mosul

Sky News Arabic, citing Iraqi sources, reported Jordanian warplanes killed “over 35” Islamic State fighters overnight in their stronghold in and around Mosul in northern Iraq.

Wonderful news. Let us hope that as few civilians as possible will be targeted.

Here is the article btw;

http://www.skynewsarabia.com/web/article/722187/قتلى-داعش-بغارات-أردنية-الموصل

screen-shot-2015-02-05-at-12-05-35-pm-png.190525

After draining the terrorist infested areas of Baghdad, terrorist attacks have dropped by 90% inside the city.

PM Abadi order for a first step in making the capital an arms-free city. The old law states that each house could store one pistol or Ak-47.

First neighbourhoods are Karada (high class neighbourhood with many shia milita offices), kadhimiya, Adhamiya and Mansour.

Over 100 roads will have concrete blocs removed and be opened soon, as well as the removal of night curfew which was from 12am-5am for the first time in 8 years.

In other news, a security committee headed by Ayad Allawi was formed. So far Ayad Allawi has been using his influence and connections to gain support from Arab countries. Kuwait and UAE have so far offered to support Iraq by offering free weapons. This was made possible through Ayad Allawis comittee.

UAE has recently increased its interference in order to help train and supply the Tribes of Anbar. Details are still mostly unknown though.

Too soon for that IMO. I mean removing the curfew. Making the city arms-free also sounds unrealistic. People should be able to protect themselves if under attack. Limiting the numbers of arms, especially illegal, is good but not sure if that is going to solve the violence.

The tribes of Anbar are switching allegiance (many of them at least) which makes them not trustable. UAE should be careful. Only support for the loyal tribes (which are in the majority) should be given.

^ for Mosuls the vast majority of the civilians are against IS.
Many cheered for them at the beginjng but now the city is dying slowly. The culture, history, traditions, way of life has flipped 180 degrees for maslawis.

Before, the residents of Mosul were of the wealthiest in Iraq, poverty was low, the majority owned homes and bussinesses and the average family probably had some $40k USD in cash saved up. But these events drained the residents of their wealth, they lost their bussinesses and went bankrupt. People used tens of thousands just to leave the city and rent elsewhere.

The people who stayed were spending with no income, life became hard especially with the prices skyrocketing. Has propane for cooking went from $4 to$40. Many people were drained financially.

Mosul was a big city with different ethnicities. Before even with undercover IS controll, business was still booming, construction was ongoing. But now it's a dead city. IS bombed the project Yunis mosque, removed the main attractions and monuments, destroyed the social fabric of the city...

There's other major problems. Civilians had to choose to either be trapped inside the city or live in tents, it was especially hard with the winter.

Now it's extremely difficult to leave the city. The residents are surviving off government payments to the government employees, but not even the cash gets payed in full. There are brokers who bring in the cash, they take a % for the service. IS members supervise handing out this money and also take a share. All unclaimed payments are then confiscated and used by IS.

leaving the city requires at least $400 in payments to mercenaries/brokers as well as IS officials. Even then people leave the city at their own risk. Thats other than the taxi drivers whom take no less than $300 per trip. Taxi drivers need both IS documents and Iraqi docunents to travel through the territory. Taxi drivers pay hundreds of dollars to get IS documents just so theh could work, that's why they charge so much.

As for Anbar, there are known trustful tribes who have never hesitated to fight IS since day one. they gave thousands of martyrs and injured and up till this day continue to give martyrs. There isn't a single house for these tribes which hasn't given a martyr in the fight against IS.

The Nimr, Issa, Fahad, Risha, jaghaifa, Alwan(ironically), Izza, Jibour and factions of other tribes have been fighting IS for over a year.

The problem is that some ex-"revolution" officials are trying to get their own unknown and untrustful members just to cancel out the roles of these tribes which have sacrificed so much in the war against IS.

as for the weapons in Baghdad, honestly I don't know if he residents will ever use it to "protect" themselves. When terrorists enter they all hide inside their homes. They only use the weapons during funerals, wedding, or during celebrating the national team wins.

Other than that the only time they use the weapons is when a problem escalates with their neighbours and when they want to threaten someone for lame reasons.

As for the curfew and road blocs, it's what the citizens want. They claim that these roadblocks don't stop any terrorist attacks and only make traffic jams.

But again this must be planned carefully.

^ for Mosuls the vast majority of the civilians are against IS.
Many cheered for them at the beginjng but now the city is dying slowly. The culture, history, traditions, way of life has flipped 180 degrees for maslawis.

Before, the residents of Mosul were of the wealthiest in Iraq, poverty was low, the majority owned homes and bussinesses and the average family probably had some $40k USD in cash saved up. But these events drained the residents of their wealth, they lost their bussinesses and went bankrupt. People used tens of thousands just to leave the city and rent elsewhere.

The people who stayed were spending with no income, life became hard especially with the prices skyrocketing. Has propane for cooking went from $4 to$40. Many people were drained financially.

Mosul was a big city with different ethnicities. Before even with undercover IS controll, business was still booming, construction was ongoing. But now it's a dead city. IS bombed the project Yunis mosque, removed the main attractions and monuments, destroyed the social fabric of the city...

There's other major problems. Civilians had to choose to either be trapped inside the city or live in tents, it was especially hard with the winter.

Now it's extremely difficult to leave the city. The residents are surviving off government payments to the government employees, but not even the cash gets payed in full. There are brokers who bring in the cash, they take a % for the service. IS members supervise handing out this money and also take a share. All unclaimed payments are then confiscated and used by IS.

leaving the city requires at least $400 in payments to mercenaries/brokers as well as IS officials. Even then people leave the city at their own risk. Thats other than the taxi drivers whom take no less than $300 per trip. Taxi drivers need both IS documents and Iraqi docunents to travel through the territory. Taxi drivers pay hundreds of dollars to get IS documents just so theh could work, that's why they charge so much.

As for Anbar, there are known trustful tribes who have never hesitated to fight IS since day one. they gave thousands of martyrs and injured and up till this day continue to give martyrs. There isn't a single house for these tribes which hasn't given a martyr in the fight against IS.

The Nimr, Issa, Fahad, Risha, jaghaifa, Alwan(ironically), Izza, Jibour and factions of other tribes have been fighting IS for over a year.

The problem is that some ex-"revolution" officials are trying to get their own unknown and untrustful members just to cancel out the roles of these tribes which have sacrificed so much in the war against IS.

as for the weapons in Baghdad, honestly I don't know if he residents will ever use it to "protect" themselves. When terrorists enter they all hide inside their homes. They only use the weapons during funerals, wedding, or during celebrating the national team wins.

Other than that the only time they use the weapons is when a problem escalates with their neighbours and when they want to threaten someone for lame reasons.

As for the curfew and road blocs, it's what the citizens want. They claim that these roadblocks don't stop any terrorist attacks and only make traffic jams.

But again this must be planned carefully.
´
I find it highly unlikely that the majority of citizens in any city be it in Iraq, Syria let alone the world that are/were to be controlled by Daesh would support them.

In Mosul invaluable ancient Arab/Semitic heritage has been destroyed and I blame the locals for just looking on doing little. I mean Mosul has been a bigger hotbed for Daesh/AQI than even Fallujah since 2003 and the Western outskirts of Baghdad so it really amuses me that the locals did not know what they were getting into. Especially as large parts of Al-Anbar, Diyala, Salah ad-Din and Babil province already tried living under AQI during the civil war back in 2006 and 2007 although it was briefly.

Maslawis being relatively well off is nothing strange considering their reputation for being cheap, lol.

Regarding Anbar then as I wrote then the majority of the tribes and clans there are loyal to the state. Still a significant portion are not.

Well, of course I am not saying that a young family in Adhamiya for instance with 1 Ak-47 can stand a chance against Daesh members breaking into their house looking to earn some money by doing extortion etc. Having weapons at home gives a sense of security for most. That's the same case in other Arab countries. People love their weapons.

They might have a point here. After all the government is still using those fake detectors for God's know what reason. I saw videos of ordinary people getting all the way into the Green Zone with light weapons in their cars (they did this to proof a point despite the risks of getting caught) just to demonstrate that those "bomb detectors" are good for nothing.

Anyway not sure where else to ask you but what is your opinion about Basra wanting to become a federal state and other regions possibly looking for the same thing? Would you support a Shia Arab South if Iraq really broke up into 3 states?

Last edited:
Some news about ~ 4000 Iraqi Christians/Assyrians forces of the NPU Nineveh Plains Protection Units. They aren't supported by any government yet, neither internal. Baghdad should support them as well not just the tribes.

Iraqi-Christians-take-arms-against-ISIS

6f9db0c8-0cea-40f5-bfef-258910bf9f14_16x9_600x338.jpg

a28e0937-d37c-4286-b6a4-aa7c6f978133_4x3_296x222.jpg

dc83f3dd-c446-4c49-bb84-3bd48247211d_4x3_296x222.jpg

Nineveh-Plains-800x500.jpg

B8Y7_XJIUAEVJ4E.jpg

´
I find it highly unlikely that the majority of citizens in any city be it in Iraq, Syria let alone the world that are/were to be controlled by Daesh would support them.

In Mosul invaluable ancient Arab/Semitic heritage has been destroyed and I blame the locals for just looking on doing little. I mean Mosul has been a bigger hotbed for Daesh/AQI than even Fallujah since 2003 and the Western outskirts of Baghdad so it really amuses me that the locals did not know what they were getting into. Especially as large parts of Al-Anbar, Diyala, Salah ad-Din and Babil province already tried living under AQI during the civil war back in 2006 and 2007 although it was briefly.

Maslawis being relatively well off is nothing strange considering their reputation for being cheap, lol.

Regarding Anbar then as I wrote then the majority of the tribes and clans there are loyal to the state. Still a significant portion are not.

Well, of course I am not saying that a young family in Adhamiya for instance with 1 Ak-47 can stand a chance against Daesh members breaking into their house looking to earn some money by doing extortion etc. Having weapons at home gives a sense of security for most. That's the same case in other Arab countries. People love their weapons.

They might have a point here. After all the government is still using those fake detectors for God's know what reason. I saw videos of ordinary people getting all the way into the Green Zone with light weapons in their cars (they did this to proof a point despite the risks of getting caught) just to demonstrate that those "bomb detectors" are good for nothing.

Anyway not sure where else to ask you but what is your opinion about Basra wanting to become a federal state and other regions possibly looking for the same thing? Would you support a Shia Arab South if Iraq really broke up into 3 states?
Don't forget, up until the Maliki was replaced this entire storm was seen as a "revolution". The media has for years been supporting these groups and making the public assume that they were right until things got real.

But again corruption was another major reason, Maliki left the everything unchecked and was major cause of the collapse. Everyone is responsible for this mess. Maliki for ignoring and ALLOWING corruption, sunni and Kurdish politicians for actively supporting IS and calling them revolutionaries.. It's a long story which I mentioned multiple times so I won't go into details.

As for a southern shia Iraqi state. It's not happening. The social fabric between the areas is too mixed for any seperation.

The only way for for a new iraqi map which would include the "shia" state from southern Tikrit, Diyala, Baghdad belt and the entire south.

But again that won't stop the battles, it's just going to create a never ending war between two states.

As for the federal regions, Iraq has been for far two long depended on the central government. People in southern Iraq are getting fed up because of corruption and lack of development.

The southerners want to go one with development and construction and not have go stall each time there's problems in Baghdad or the north. The current conflict has stalled many laws and investments in the south which is unjustified.
A less centric government would allow the southern provinces without having to wait for Baghdads approval.

-----
Report from Mosul eye, our only trusted news from inside Mosul.

Feb. 3rd, 2015 - The heaviest air strike on Mosul

About 8:30 PM local time, on Feb. 3rd, 2015, Coalition aircrafts flew over the City of Mosul. Within moments, bombs scattered throughout the city, and it was the heaviest air strikes ever conducted since the beginning of the military operations against ISIL.

What was targeted during this air strike and what was ISIL’s loss?
Mosul - 9 missiles - Western Bank of Mosul

Locations:
1- Mechanical workshop belongs Badoosh’s cement factory at Wadi Eqab. ISIl uses this facility, which extends on a wide area at the Industrial district, to manufacture explosive devices and car bombs. Also, ISIL uses the facility as a training camp and permanent residence for the Asian ISIL agents, where their numbers have increased drastically in the past few days at the district, which then later become clear that this workshop was their main camp. the aircrafts bombed the location with three missiles sequentially and left ISIL with severe losses in cars and equipment and great number of casualties. Officials say that over 40 agents were killed and an active explosive devices factory was fully destroyed during this strike.

2- Bawabat Alsham - the road towards Badoosh: the aircrafts struk 3 cars belong to ISIL with two missiles and destroyed them all. more than 12 agents were killed during this drop.

3- Al Hermat Althaniya - a complex that ISIL is using as a camp as well as workshop for producing explosive devices. Prior information has indicated that this workshop produces at least 300 device per day. the site was bombed with two missiles.

4- Musherifa - Among the sites targeted during this air strike was another explosives factory at musherifa. the residents of the area mentioned that foreign ISIL insurgents were in the location before the bombing started, and no one left afterwards. Ambulances fetched about 8 bodies from this location. the place was struck with two missiles. the place continued to explode as the explosives were bursting as result of bombarding the place.

Reactions about this air strike:
Many people have suggested that those bombings coincided with brutal execution of the Jordanian pilot Moaz Al Kasasbeh and many of them felt a great deal of relief for conducting such bombings. Moreover to mention, the residents described the bombings “were very accurate and the civilians are so confident that the coalition will not bomb civilians by mistake as they are sure of the high accuracy of the coalition’s air crafts”.
As for ISIL (A.K.A Daaish), it had lost plenty of its equipment and insurgents, and lost the lodest of its explosives workshops at Musherifa and Wadi Eqab Industrial district, forcing ISIL insurgents to use hiding tactics the next day in fear of being bombed again. But the coalition struck them again in the next day and bombed their locations at the outskirts of Alarabi neighborhood and Alrashidiya and killed at least 25 and injured about 40 more ISIL insurgents.

Don't forget, up until the Maliki was replaced this entire storm was seen as a "revolution". The media has for years been supporting these groups and making the public assume that they were right until things got real.

But again corruption was another major reason, Maliki left the everything unchecked and was major cause of the collapse. Everyone is responsible for this mess. Maliki for ignoring and ALLOWING corruption, sunni and Kurdish politicians for actively supporting IS and calling them revolutionaries.. It's a long story which I mentioned multiple times so I won't go into details.

As for a southern shia Iraqi state. It's not happening. The social fabric between the areas is too mixed for any seperation.

The only way for for a new iraqi map which would include the "shia" state from southern Tikrit, Diyala, Baghdad belt and the entire south.

But again that won't stop the battles, it's just going to create a never ending war between two states.

As for the federal regions, Iraq has been for far two long depended on the central government. People in southern Iraq are getting fed up because of corruption and lack of development.

The southerners want to go one with development and construction and not have go stall each time there's problems in Baghdad or the north. The current conflict has stalled many laws and investments in the south which is unjustified.
A less centric government would allow the southern provinces without having to wait for Baghdads approval.

There were legitimate grievances towards Al-Maliki's regime by ordinary Sunni Arabs and dare I say other Iraqis too. The problem is that their mostly legitimate grievances were hijacked by radicals. A bit like in Syria and so many other places. Look at Iran for instance. 36 years ago the main opposition against the Shah was composed of socialists and communists if I am not wrong but the Mullah's ended up taking power by brute force.

Finding the roost of terrorism is not easy but I have seen that a lot of factors can contribute to it.

1) Uemployment.
2) Political marginalization or at least a sense of it by groups in the society.
3) Poverty
4) Lack of opportunities and thus hope for a better future.
5) Existing unrest/war/insurgency which makes it easier to take the final step into militancy as violence is nothing new.
6) Misuse of religion and a "us against them" mentality.
7) Internal and outside meddling.
8) In the case of Iraq the diverse demographics are not helping either.
9) The Iraqi constitution encourages sectarianism and a "us against them mentality".
10) People of the ME are yet to learn how to reach political compromises in peace.
11) The ME as a region has been engaged in a conflict between Sunni forces and Shia forces since 1979 when the Iranian revolution erupted. Iraq is the country most prone to after effects of this covert war.
12) Certain "puritanical" strains of Islam might be more receptive for uprisings against rulers deemed not Muslim enough. On the other hand there is no proof of that when looking outside of Iraq.

There are countless of other reasons.

Last edited:
@Alshawi1234

Why is everything going so slow? Estimates that it will take 1-2 years to drive ISIL out of Iraq. In reality it could be done in a month or less. So what's the decision behind the delay?

Back
Top Bottom