What's new

Iraq's war against IS terrorism | Updates and Discussions

it doesn't..There is other means to act quickly. Take for example the last Israeli killing of the 6 hizbollah fighter in kuneitra. The use of the helicopter meant that they had to act fast, and they didn't have the luxury to wait...That's the big difference with an army that bring the fight to the threat, and the army that

A major offensive involving over 10.000 forces is not the same as a quick reaction force or a handful of people. the difference here is that ceylal is crying about Arabs daily.

it doesn't..There is other means to act quickly. Take for example the last Israeli killing of the 6 hizbollah fighter in kuneitra. The use of the helicopter meant that they had to act fast, and they didn't have the luxury to wait...That's the big difference with an army that bring the fight to the threat, and the army that wait for the threat!View attachment 190428
The Peshmerga, with limited means don't wait...like one shown above.

There is a big difference between iraqi forces and kurdish forces. The battles of the ISF and volunteers have been in hostile areas (pro-IS) population while the Kurds battles have been almost exclusively in "friendly" kurdish areas.

Iraqi forces are battling in towns where a significant portion of the population have armed and joined IS which makes the battles much more difficult.

Peshmerga forces have near constant coalition air support and foreign advisors who plan and paint targets for air strikes. A luxury the Iraqi forces don't have.

The peshmerga also has failed to free a single hostile town. They have been trying to fend off IS attacks from hawija for 5 months yet failed to make any gains, same thing for the town of Sinjar...

Meanwhile iraqi forces liberated over 100 villages and towns in that same period including strategic IS strongholds.

Again what makes this battle difficult is because it is against the pro-IS local population,the entire "few hundred" IS fighters is fake, they are in the tens of thousands, since the Falujah takeover, well over 30,000 IS members have been killed or injured yet they keep coming back, they aren't a few.

Just in the Kirkuk offensive IS took some 400 casualties within three days yet still have enough fighters to wage new attacks. That is on one front and one town, you can only imagine what the real numbers are.

Just in Mosul there was an estimated 20,000 pro-IS sleeper cells. They controlled the city even before the events which led to its occupation.

Some new vids

many more vids at this channel

Over 21 ISIS killed in Fallujah several days ago but vid is graphic.

Iraqi soldier calls on the youth of Ramadi to man up and come to fight for their city instead of hiding in Kurdistan and Turkey.

Meanwhile some fascist Kurdish gangsters have been targeting Sunni arabs in the Kurdish region

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

1507716_1666675910226350_6102765394754560549_n.jpg

Iraq asks UAE to remove Badr Organization and Sadr militia from terror list « ASHARQ AL-AWSAT

Speaking to Asharq Al-Awsat on Tuesday, Iraq’s minister for human rights, Mohammed Mahdi Al-Bayati, said that the Iraqi government had asked Abu Dhabi to reconsider its decision to blacklist the Badr Organization led by Iraq’s former transport minister Hadi Al-Ameri.

The minister said that Baghdad had made the same request regarding the Saraya Al-Salam (Peace Brigades), which is part of the movement led by populist Shi’ite cleric Muqtada Al-Sadr.

Both militias have joined what has become known as “the popular mobilization forces,” an umbrella of anti-ISIS groups formed in response to Grand Ayatollah Ali Al-Sistani’s call to protect Iraq’s Shi’ite shrines from the attacks from the Sunni radical organization.

UAE urges arming Iraqi Sunni tribes in ISIS fight: media | News , Middle East | THE DAILY STAR

( Jabouri asked for Arab governments to arm the tribes, meanwhile they do nothing but ask America and still have the audacity to list popular mobilization forces as terrorists )

popular mobilization

Iraq asks UAE to remove Badr Organization and Sadr militia from terror list « ASHARQ AL-AWSAT

UAE urges arming Iraqi Sunni tribes in ISIS fight: media | News , Middle East | THE DAILY STAR

( Jabouri asked for Arab governments to arm the tribes, meanwhile they do nothing but ask America and still have the audacity to list popular mobilization forces as terrorists )

popular mobilization

Yes, popular movements who happen to be anti-Arab governments and who in a conflict against Iran would support the Iranian Mullah's rather than their own flesh and blood. What would that list be worth if there was selective picking in it? Every armed group has been banned almost that I know about. Anyone can see it for himself. This way there will be no crying from anyone.

Yes, tribes who switch allegiance whenever they please. Very trustable partners. There is no risk of all those weapons falling in the hands of Daesh or Shia militias engulfed in revenge attacks on Sunnis - many of whom will be innocent victims either!

If this happens we will have more crying from everyone. You criticized Bandar for apparently arming FSA and other rebel fractions while those arms fall into the hands of Daesh and now you want to arm tribes in Iraq when the same thing is likely to happen? Let the Mullah's arm them as they can do nothing wrong it seems. They already are sending their attention whore to the front everywhere it seems.

The Iraqi regime did not want Arab air forces to bomb Daesh. Now they want all kind of help suddenly? I ask what changed at such a short time span? Kuwait and UAE already gave weapons and military equipment to Iraq for free.

Last edited:
Yes, popular movements who happen to be anti-Arab governments and who in a conflict against Iran would support the Iranian Mullah's rather than their own flesh and blood. What would that list be worth if there was selective picking in it? Every armed group has been banned almost that I know about. Anyone can see it for himself. This way there will be no crying from anyone.

Yes, tribes who switch allegiance whenever they please. Very trustable partners. There is no risk of all those weapons falling in the hands of Daesh or Shia militias engulfed in revenge attacks on Sunnis - many of whom will be innocent victims either!

If this happens we will have more crying from everyone. You criticized Bandar for apparently arming FSA and other rebel fractions while those arms fall into the hands of Daesh and now you want to arm tribes in Iraq when the same thing is likely to happen? Let the Mullah's arm them as they can do nothing wrong it seems. They already are sending their attention whore to the front everywhere it seems.

The Iraqi regime did not want Arab air forces to bomb Daesh. Now they want all kind of help suddenly? I ask what changed at such a short time span? Kuwait and UAE already gave weapons and military equipment to Iraq for free.

Not Kataib Hezbollah, neither Asaib ahl al haq nor Saraya al khorasani or any of those groups.

The popular mobilization don't target other countries, only ISIS. Popular mobilization are certain groups not all like kataib hezbollah. They asked removal of 2 groups from the lists, both have put their command under the Iraqi government. The origins of the militia Mahdi army were mainly poor Shi'ites from places like Sadr city who wanted to protect their neighborhood from foreigners, normal people. Now they're under Iraqi gov control as Sadr placed them when he met with the MoD recently. They responded to the call of Jihad from Sistani and are popular mobilization forces.

UAE can cry all they want, they wouldn't complain if Shi'ites did nothing and let ISIS slaughter them like in Tikrit. Pilot got burnt now the masses don't like ISIS anymore. What a joke of a logic they have over there.

They're all trying hard to equalize Shi'a groups with ISIS.

Last edited:
Not Kataib Hezbollah, neither Asaib ahl al haq nor Saraya al khorasani or any of those groups.

The popular mobilization don't target other countries, only ISIS. Popular mobilization are certain groups not all like kataib hezbollah. They asked removal of 2 groups from the lists, both have put their command under the Iraqi government. The origins of the militia Mahdi army were mainly poor Shi'ites from places like Sadr city who wanted to protect their neighborhood from foreigners, normal people. Now they're under Iraqi gov control as Sadr placed them when he met with the MoD recently. They responded to the call of Jihad from Sistani and are popular mobilization forces.

UAE can cry all they want, they wouldn't complain if Shi'ites did nothing and let ISIS slaughter them like in Tikrit. Pilot got burnt now the masses don't like ISIS anymore. What a joke of a logic they have over there.

Those groups are all armed and supported by the Mullah's. Reason enough not to have anything to do with them.

If they are normal and just people as you say then I would be ready to help them as I would help anyone fighting against evil or to protect civilians.

Not many outside of Iraq know what is going on in Iraq and that massacre got little publicity in the international media. That is the fault of the Iraqi media. Kurds clearing an abandoned farm get more publicity in the international/Western media in general. Sad but that's the reality. People who dislike Daesh now disliked them always more or less.

That logic can be used in a worse way against Shias, especially those in Iraq, who almost all support the Al-Assad genocidal maniac who has killed many more civilians and Sunnis than Daesh have killed civilians and Shias.
Such games can be played by both sides but since there is no solidarity which I stand for then that's what you get. I have always worked towards Arab cooperation and solidarity regardless of sect etc. which I do not care about although I openly say that I as a Sunni Muslim of the Shafi'i fiqh disagree with Shia Twelver teachings especially the Wilayat al-Faqih nonsense. Just like I disagree with Scientology for instance. But that's all.

UAE is hosting one of the biggest Iraqi diaspora communities in the world and historically have never done anything wrong to Iraq. In fact under the late Sheikh Zayed UAE was one of the very, very few countries that helped the Iraqi population during the sanctions. Despite not liking Saddam and despite Saddam attacking Kuwait.

Last edited:
Those groups are all armed and supported by the Mullah's. Reason enough not to have anything to do with them.

If they are normal and just people as you say then I would be ready to help them as I would help anyone fighting against evil or to protect civilians.

Not many outside of Iraq know what is going on in Iraq and that massacre got little publicity in the international media. That is the fault of the Iraqi media. Kurds clearing an abandoned farm get more publicity in the international/Western media in general. Sad but that's the reality. People who dislike Daesh now disliked them always more or less.

That logic can be used in a worse way against Shias, especially those in Iraq, who almost all support the Al-Assad genocidal maniac who has killed many more civilians and Sunnis than Daesh have killed civilians and Shias.
Such games can be played by both sides but since there is no solidarity which I stand for then that's what you get. I have always worked towards Arab cooperation and solidarity regardless of sect etc. which I do not care about although I openly say that I as a Sunni Muslim of the Shafi'i fiqh disagree with Shia Twelver teachings especially the Wilayat al-Faqih nonsense. Just like I disagree with Scientology for instance. But that's all.

UAE is hosting one of the biggest diaspora Iraqi communities in the world and historically have never done anything wrong to Iraq. In fact under the late Sheikh Zayed UAE was one of the very, very few countries that helped the Iraqi population during the sanctions. Despite not liking Saddam and despite Saddam attacking Kuwait.

The Mullahs have been the first to send arms to Iraq when it was needed, no other neighbor sent arms in that quantity and speed. After 7 months of the crisis Kuwait & UAE are sending some arms, that's 7 months late.. People need to survive so they will take any arms they find it. Since Iran provides it to militia's people start joining those militia's. Arab govs can easily reverse it by supplying gov forces and the sahwat, than they'll grow. They have old excess equipment in huge numbers anyway but they're doing nothing. They like Assad as the war turned sectarian with the opposition stating Shi'a & Alawites are the enemy, no wonder they start supporting him despite his previous support to ISI.

Kurds are pro Israel/America and not so religious, they will be liked more in the west whatever the others broadcast. But indeed they could do a better job in the media. I have no problem with the UAE, though they're listing some groups as terrorist organisations and equalizing them with ISIS simply cause they're Shi'ite.

Anyway currently I don't mind all the accusations and the sectarian tagging bullshit, the main purpose and goal of those groups are a lot more important, let them together with the coalition clean the enemy. After that we will see the new chapter.

The Mullahs have been the first to send arms to Iraq when it was needed, no other neighbor sent arms in that quantity and speed. After 7 months of the crisis Kuwait & UAE are sending some arms, that's 7 months late.. People need to survive so they will take any arms they find it. Since Iran provides it to militia's people start joining those militia's. Arab govs can easily reverse it by supplying gov forces and the sahwat, than they'll grow. They have old excess equipment in huge numbers anyway but they're doing nothing. They like Assad as the war turned sectarian with the opposition stating Shi'a & Alawites are the enemy, no wonder they start supporting him despite his previous support to ISI.

Kurds are pro Israel/America and not so religious, they will be liked more in the west whatever the others broadcast. But indeed they could do a better job in the media. I have no problem with the UAE, though they're listing some groups as terrorist organisations and equalizing them with ISIS simply cause they're Shi'ite.

That's because the Mullah's are allies with the Iraqi regime and control many things in Iraq among others those Shia militias that you always defend for whatever strange reason. At the same time they are aiding the Kurds which are obvious enemies of Iraq. Brainwashing the Iraqi Shia Arabs with Wilayat al-Faqih nonsense 24/7 etc. Some great allies indeed.

Kuwait and UAE are tiny states and since the retard Al-Maliki was ousted last year it took time to repair some of the relations with every Arab country and neighbor. Now there is more trust in Al-Abadi and the Iraqi government (despite some disagreements which is normal) hence why they did what they did.

I already gave my view in post 921 in this thread. They might have used other arguments we do not know. Nor do we know if such a support will arrive or not. Anyway what do they need Arab countries for when they are getting weapons from the US and Russia?

They are being consistent and not stupid here. They know just like me that those militias are no friends and who aids them.

Daesh are worse and the major threat for the region here but that does not mean that obvious enemy forces are to be supported or not called what they are. Those same Shia militias consider the FSA etc. for terrorists so what do they expect? They are in the pockets of the Mullah's too. Our eternal enemies. Once the Mullah's fall and those militias have transformed into political movements or been absorbed into the Iraqi army we can talk. Their sect is not important for me here. It's who their allies and supporters are.

His baathists are being massacred by ISIS, Naqshabandi vids are mainly firing a mortar/Qassam like rocket from the desert/village and that's it. That group can't do anything.

But they've definetly fallen out,huh ? I wonder how the old guy still manages to stay hidden from ISIS or the Iraqis.

That's because the Mullah's are allies with the Iraqi regime and control many things in Iraq among others those Shia militias that you always defend for whatever strange reason. At the same time they are aiding the Kurds which are obvious enemies of Iraq. Brainwashing the Iraqi Shia Arabs with Wilayat al-Faqih nonsense 24/7 etc. Some great allies indeed.
The country has no allies, it's taking help from Iran/US as both offer it. PUK are pro Iran hence their support to them, they support various groups this is known by everyone, that way they can keep influence. No one says they're great, but there's priority which obviously is IS.
Kuwait and UAE are tiny states and since Al-Maliki was ousted last year it took time to repair some of the relations with every Arab country and neighbor. Now there is more trust in Al-Abadi and the Iraqi government (despite some disagreements which is normal) hence why they did what they did.

I already gave my view in post 921 in this thread. They might have used other arguments we do not know. Nor do we know if such a support will arrive or not. Anyway what do they need Arab countries for when they are getting weapons from the US and Russia?

They are being consistent and not stupid here. They know just like me that those militias are no friends and who aids them.

Daesh are worse and the major threat for the region here but that does not mean that obvious enemy forces are to be supported or not called what they are. Those same Shia militias consider the FSA etc. for terrorists so what do they expect? They are in the pockets of the Mullah's too. Our eternal enemies. Once the Mullah's fall and those militias have transformed into political movements or been absorbed into the Iraqi army we can talk. Their sect is not important for me here. It's who their allies and supporters are.

Sure they might be but we don't have a lot of choice now do we, even the tribes fighting IS in Anbar requested Shi'a groups help, no other choice. As for integrating them in the army, it's possible but the army is extremely centralized. If soldiers are besieged and ask for help it'll take days before it reaches them going through all the red tape whilst the decentralized volunteer groups don't need permission from the top, they're a lot more effective. The only 2 choices at the moment are to let ISIS win, or to use any group there is to defeat them. I prefer the last, tribes in Anbar fighting ISIS made the same choice.

But they've definetly fallen out,huh ? I wonder how the old guy still manages to stay hidden from ISIS or the Iraqis.
Cause he's most likely in doha.

Back
Top Bottom