What's new

Iraq's war against IS terrorism | Updates and Discussions

Isn't KSA also meddling in the affairs of other countries? You funded regime change in Libya and Egypt. You are now bombing a sovereign country, Yemen, in defiance of all international laws, and you sent troops into Bahrain. You can argue that these interventions are important for KSA security and stability, but if that's the case, then the same standards should apply to Iranian intervention in Iraq and Syria. If its good for the goose, it should be good for the gander. In the case of if Iran, they have actually been invited by the legitimate governments of Iraq and Syria just like KSA was in Bahrain. You have supported insurgencies and coups in Libya, Egypt and Syria against the established governments. Is this OK because you are Arabs yourselves?

Those other countries are all fellow Arab countries. We Arabs should not ask for permission to deal with our internal affairs from anybody.

KSA did not take part in the removal of Gaddafi.

See here below.

Operation Odyssey Dawn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2011 military intervention in Libya - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Egypt? That was once again Egyptians alone. Nobody outside of Egyptians were involved.

KSA as any other country has the option to support status quo or something else. The previous regime supported al-Sisi. King Abdullah has been dead since January 2015.

No Saudi Arabians took actively part in either Libya or Egypt. Let alone militarily.

Bahrain is not comparable. First of all it's an small island state located less than 25 km from KSA. It should also be a part of KSA as it is an extension of the Eastern Province historically and on all fronts. The people too are from the Eastern Province.

Eastern Arabia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This has been the case since the ancient Dilmun civilization of Eastern Arabia that existed from 2600 BC (!) to 500 BC.

Dilmun - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Moreover Bahrain is a fellow GCC state and GCC member states are obligated to help GCC state x or y if the government asks for help. The Bahraini government did so.

The Saudi Arabian soldiers in Bahrain have not killed a single person or arrested anyone. In fact Saudi Arabian presence has calmed things down. Not that Bahrain is chaotic compared to the other ME conflicts. I mean less than 100 people have died in over 4 years of "conflict". I think that more die in Texas alone each week due to gun violence to put that into perspective.

In the case of Yemen the legitimate (internationally recognized) president Hadi asked for KSA and the Arab League to help him and his government after the Houthi terrorists committed a coup in Yemen with the help of the corrupted former long-ruling dictator Saleh.

No, nobody has invited Iranian Mullah sponsored terror groups nor did anyone invite Hezbollah to Lebanon nor did anyone in Yemen outside of the Houthi terrorists invite the Mullah's to send tons of weapons to those terrorists as confirmed by the UN.

UN report: Iran arming Houthis since 2009

Iran is a foreigner in the Arab world. Fellow Arabs in the Arab world are not foreigners at most people of a different nationality. That's it. KSA is not supporting terrorism groups in those 4 countries that you managed. Iran does that in several Arab states or tries to.

Also there would be no war in Yemen had the Houthi's not tried to capture all of Yemen illegally after doing an illegal coup, had they not threatened to attack KSA and had they not accepted becoming Farsi Mullah puppets. We won't allow another Hezbollah to emerge anywhere in the Arab world let alone in our own backyard or on the Arabian Peninsula.

Conclusion = Iranian Mullah's are poison in the Arab world and largely unwanted outside of those small terrorists groups and their limited number of supporters.

Last edited:
Iraq is on verge of collapsing, the government doesn't have an answer to ISIS offensives. They have to very soon solve their internal disputes in the government but also reconcile with Iraqi Sunnis. The corruption in army needs to be solved. Otherwise not far from now(few months or less) ISIS will reattept taking Tikrit then possibly launch offensive on Baghdad from north(Tikrit) and east(Fallujah) and the government will collapse. They should also request Arab coalition airstrikes but need to give something in return for Arab nations otherwise they won't see point in empowring what they see as an Iranian ally.

Those other countries are all fellow Arab countries. We Arabs should not ask for permission to deal with our internal affairs from anybody.

I agree 100%, but your king is coming to DC to discuss Iran, I think the Prince is already here.

Maybe I confused you with Qatar which was very proactive in Libya. Now that Libya is in chaos, they are nowhere to be found. No one complaining about Qatar's role in destablizing Libya though.

Egypt? That was once again Egyptians alone. Nobody outside of Egyptians were involved.

KSA as any other country has the option to support status quo or something else. The previous regime supported al-Sisi. King Abdullah has been dead since January 2015.

KSA bankrolled the coup and gave the coup government billions after removing Morsi. Reports are between $20 and 15 Billions. King Abdullah was quick to congratulate the coup.

Bahrain is not comparable. First of all it's an small island state located less than 25 km from KSA. It should also be a part of KSA as it is an extension of the Eastern Province historically and on all fronts. The people too are from the Eastern Province.

Eastern Arabia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This has been the case since the ancient Dilmun civilization of Eastern Arabia that existed from 2600 BC (!) to 500 BC.

Dilmun - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Moreover Bahrain is a fellow GCC state and GCC member states are obligated to help GCC state x or y if the government asks for help. The Bahraini government did so.

The Saudi Arabian soldiers in Bahrain have not killed a single person or arrested anyone. In fact Saudi Arabian presence has calmed things down. Not that Bahrain is chaotic compared to the other ME conflicts. I mean less than 100 people have died in over 4 years of "conflict". I think that more die in Texas alone each week due to gun violence to put that into perspective.

In the case of Yemen the legitimate (internationally recognized) president Hadi asked for KSA and the Arab League to help him and his government after the Houthi terrorists committed a coup in Yemen with the help of the corrupted former long-ruling dictator Saleh.

Fair enough. As much as I disagree with KSA roles in Bahrain and Yemen, I can understand where they are coming from. If GCC countries are obligated to look out for each other, then same standards should be used to judge Iran's role in Syria, who by the way have a mutual defense treaty. Iraq invited them to help them fight against daesh.

No, nobody has invited Iranian Mullah sponsored terror groups nor did anyone invite Hezbollah to Lebanon nor did anyone in Yemen outside of the Houthi terrorists invite the Mullah's to send tons of weapons to those terrorists as confirmed by the UN.

UN report: Iran arming Houthis since 2009

Iran is a foreigner in the Arab world. Fellow Arabs in the Arab world are not foreigners at most people of a different nationality. That's it. KSA is not supporting terrorism groups in those 4 countries that you managed. Iran does that in several Arab states or tries to.

Also there would be no war in Yemen had the Houthi's not tried to capture all of Yemen illegally after doing an illegal coup, had they not threatened to attack KSA and had they not accepted becoming Farsi Mullah puppets. We won't allow another Hezbollah to emerge anywhere in the Arab world let alone in our own backyard or on the Arabian Peninsula.

Conclusion = Iranian Mullah's are poison in the Arab world and largely unwanted outside of those small terrorists groups and their limited number of supporters.

Conflicting sides in Yemen and Syria are all Arabs so I don't think there is unity among Arabs otherwise Iran would not have the influence it has. They are also not the only outsiders in ME affairs. US, NATO, Russia etc are all involved on one side or the other. You also invited Pakistan to take part in Yemen operations but they declined. All I'm saying is that there are no guiltless parties here.

I agree 100%, but your king is coming to DC to discuss Iran, I think the Prince is already here.

Maybe I confused you with Qatar which was very proactive in Libya. Now that Libya is in chaos, they are nowhere to be found. No one complaining about Qatar's role in destablizing Libya though.

KSA bankrolled the coup and gave the coup government billions after removing Morsi. Reports are between $20 and 15 Billions. King Abdullah was quick to congratulate the coup.

Fair enough. As much as I disagree with KSA roles in Bahrain and Yemen, I can understand where they are coming from. If GCC countries are obligated to look out for each other, then same standards should be used to judge Iran's role in Syria, who by the way have a mutual defense treaty. Iraq invited them to help them fight against daesh.

Conflicting sides in Yemen and Syria are all Arabs so I don't think there is unity among Arabs otherwise Iran would not have the influence it has. They are also not the only outsiders in ME affairs. US, NATO, Russia etc are all involved on one side or the other. You also invited Pakistan to take part in Yemen operations but they declined. All I'm saying is that there are no guiltless parties here.
When pak declined to KSA ?plz enlighten us ?or just keep quite thanks

Iran, regardless of its Arab minority, is not an Arab country is it? The KSA-Iranian cold war or what you can call it has nothing to do with your or my examples. It's a different matter altogether.

Maybe because Qatar's contribution was tiny or almost non-existent as you can see. It was all NATO hence why they have been criticized the most. The problem was not removing Gaddafi who was a madman but leaving Libya for themselves. Same thing happened in Afghanistan after the Soviets left. The blame for that lies in the West, mainly different US administrations.

Do you have prove for those numbers? They are inaccurate. Also did you forget that Egyptians alone were involved? KSA did not create Morsi or Al-Sisi or their respective supporters. KSA picked a side (back then led by Abdullah's regime) as a neighbor and important ally of Egypt. Under Salman the policies might have been different and when he will be gone a third option might be pursued. I don't know.

The point is once again that those are internal Arab affairs.

Fair enough for you acknowledging that.

While Iran and Al-Assad indeed have an mutual defense pact it does not give Iran the right to import and finance Shia groups or use poor Hazaras from Afghanistan and Iran to fight their wars.

What about Hezbollah? Did the Lebanese government (who btw is at war with Hezbollah and who is infiltrated by them) ask for a group like Hezbollah to hijack entire Southern Lebanon? Did Lebanon ask Hezbollah to fire a few rockets into Israel in return to be carpet bombed like in 2006? I don't think so.

Did the average Yemeni ask the Houthi's to make a coup and try to control all of Yemen knowing that KSA and the world would not look silently? I don't think so.

Of course not. That's why people are fighting. I am just saying that most Arab states support Hadi as the president (see the Arab League) and that most countries support the coalition. It does not mean that Arab countries far away, with few resources or who have problems of their own will come to KSA's aid. This is something that KSA has largely dealt with completely on their own and will have to deal with on their own.

While Iran and Al-Assad indeed have an mutual defense pact it does not give Iran the right to import and finance Shia groups or use poor Hazaras from Afghanistan and Iran to fight their wars.

And alternatively KSA, GCC, NATO and Jordan have no right to funnel weapons and militants to Syria.

What about Hezbollah? Did the Lebanese government (who btw is at war with Hezbollah and who is infiltrated by them) ask for a group like Hezbollah to hijack entire Southern Lebanon? Did Lebanon ask Hezbollah to fire a few rockets into Israel in return to be carpet bombed like in 2006? I don't think so.

Did the average Yemeni ask the Houthi's to make a coup and try to control all of Yemen knowing that KSA and the world would not look silently? I don't think so.

Of course not. That's why people are fighting. I am just saying that most Arab states support Hadi as the president (see the Arab League) and that most countries support the coalition. It does not mean that Arab countries far away, with few resources or who have problems of their own will come to KSA's aid. This is something that KSA has largely dealt with completely on their own and will have to deal with on their own.

People are saying ISIS emerged because of Shia oppression of Sunnis. Well, Hezbollah and Houthis are formed for the same reasons. It sucks but it is what it is rightly or wrongly. Iran, being the largest Shia country, brought them closer together. Hezbollah's stock soared after Israel's invasion and occupation of South Lebanon so you have them to thank for that.

And alternatively KSA, GCC, NATO and Jordan have no right to funnel weapons and militants to Syria.

People are saying ISIS emerged because of Shia oppression of Sunnis. Well, Hezbollah and Houthis are formed for the same reasons. It sucks but it is what it is rightly or wrongly. Iran, being the largest Shia country, brought them closer together. Hezbollah's stock soared after Israel's invasion and occupation of South Lebanon so you have them to thank for that.

I think this can be discussed and argued against as the Al-Assad regime is pretty much guilty of genocide or at least severe war crimes. Are Arab neighbors and fellow Arab countries supposed to look at that and say; "OK, too bad, let Al-Assad continue his killings and let Iran create more proxies in our neighborhood"? Really Libertad?

No, ISIS emerged due to a lot of reasons. Poverty, a sense of injustice, political oppression, the violent environment of Iraq since before even Saddam came to power, the US invasion, a wrong interpretation of Islam etc.

Who exactly was killing Shias in Lebanon before Hezbollah emerged? Who was killing Zaydis in Yemen before the Houthi's emerged? Saleh who ruled Yemen and who FOUGHT against the Houthi's was/is a Zaydi himself. There was zero sectarianism historically in Yemen and Lebanon.

How could there be that when Lebanon was/is inhabited by so many different sects and 2 major religions (Islam and Christianity)? Same with Yemen before the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Sunnis, Shias and one of the largest and oldest Jewish communities lived side by side. Even Christians (there are still churches in Yemen for instance in Aden) and Indian Hindus were present.

Israel are guilty of their crimes and this is what it is.

Realy when did that happened?did u read whole resolution of parliment and policy statement of govt ?i think if u not farsi Ban try to read whole resolution of parliment .Then u forgot trip by COAS and PM with DGMO of air navel and Army?what they commit to kingdom?Realy get life my farsi brother & dont think pak is not stand with Gulf states .The indo iranian nexsus is also threat to pak .Our stregic interests r with gulf states not with iran when i say iran i meant Ayyatullah and Co pak catered almost all the needs of kingdom but deployment of troops takes time navey is involve in blocked of aden port with air assets as well .So the Airforce to taking out what iran has provided to hothis brothers .One more thing iran commit blunder by getting involve with yemen againest kingdom iranian plate was full with yemen is overflowing .there is No Way iran can cater all needs of Assad and iraq plus yemen .With involvement In yemen againest kingdom iran push all those countries who were neutral and stand by mode before this conflict i meant pakistan ,turkey ,milaysia ,sudan,northern african countries i think it made iran and his loyalist further isolate and fighting all fronts is next to impossible for iran .

Last edited:
I think this can be discussed and argued against as the Al-Assad regime is pretty much guilty of genocide or at least severe war crimes. Are Arab neighbors and fellow Arab countries supposed to look at that and say; "OK, too bad, let Al-Assad continue his killings and let Iran create more proxies in our neighborhood"? Really Libertad?

Assad has a lot of support in Syria, otherwise the majority Sunni army wouldn't be fighting for him. He has outside friends too just like the opposition. I wish he would step down, but the war wouldn't end if he did.

No, ISIS emerged due to a lot of reasons. Poverty, a sense of injustice, political oppression, the violent environment of Iraq since before even Saddam came to power, the US invasion, a wrong interpretation of Islam etc.

Who exactly was killing Shias in Lebanon before Hezbollah emerged? Who was killing Zaydis in Yemen before the Houthi's emerged? Saleh who ruled Yemen and who FOUGHT against the Houthi's was/is a Zaydi himself. There was zero sectarianism historically in Yemen and Lebanon.

How could there be that when Lebanon was/is inhabited by so many different sects and 2 major religions (Islam and Christianity)? Same with Yemen before the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Sunnis, Shias and one of the largest and oldest Jewish communities lived side by side. Even Christians (there are still churches in Yemen for instance in Aden) and Indian Hindus were present.

Israel are guilty of their crimes and this is what it is.

ISIS support comes entirely from Sunnis. If it was about the factors you named, then there would be a little diversity in their ranks. I could ask you the same thing in Iraq. There weren't any killings of Sunnis by Shias as feared after Saddam's ouster, but nevertheless here is ISIS, populated by former Saddam Baathists. I don't know what the situation was in the ground in Lebanon, but Hezbollah was made much more powerful by Israel's occupation and also brought the Maronite Christians to their side.

Unfortunately the first thing differing groups within these nations do, is take up arms at the first sign of oppression by the government. And there are many parties ready and willing to furnish these weapons and facilitate bloodshed. Peaceful, democratic ways should be used to address graft and oppression whether in Libya, or Syria or Lebanon etc.

Realy when did that happened?did u read whole resolution of parliment and policy statement of govt ?i think if u not farsi Ban try to read whole resolution of parliment .Then u forgot trip by COAS and PM with DGMO of air navel and Army?what they commit to kingdom?Realy get life my farsi brother & dont think pak is not stand with Gulf states .The indo iranian nexsus is also threat to pak .Our stregic interests r with gulf states not with iran when i say iran i meant Ayyatullah and Co pak catered almost all the needs of kingdom but deployment of troops takes time navey is involve in blocked of aden port with air assets as well .So the Airforce to taking out what iran has provided to hothis brothers .One more thing iran commit blunder by getting involve with yemen againest kingdom iranian plate was full with yemen is overflowing .there is No Way iran can cater all needs of Assad and iraq plus yemen .With involvement In yemen againest kingdom iran push all those countries who were neutral and stand by mode before this conflict i meant pakistan ,turkey ,milaysia ,sudan,northern african countries i think it made iran and his loyalist further isolate and fighting all fronts is next to impossible for iran .

Well, KSA was angry with Pakistan because they did not take the same role taken by Egypt for example. Pakistan has its own problems with TTP and what not and should be diligently attending to those problems instead of jumping in wars it has no business fighting.

Assad has a lot of support in Syria, otherwise the majority Sunni army wouldn't be fighting for him. He has outside friends too just like the opposition. I wish he would step down, but the war wouldn't end if he did.

ISIS support comes entirely from Sunnis. If it was about the factors you named, then there would be a little diversity in their ranks. I could ask you the same thing in Iraq. There weren't any killings of Sunnis by Shias as feared after Saddam's ouster, but nevertheless here is ISIS, populated by former Saddam Baathists. I don't know what the situation was in the ground in Lebanon, but Hezbollah was made much more powerful by Israel's occupation and also brought the Maronite Christians to their side.

Unfortunately the first thing differing groups within these nations do, is take up arms at the first sign of oppression by the government. And there are many parties ready and willing to furnish these weapons and facilitate bloodshed. Peaceful, democratic ways should be used to address graft and oppression whether in Libya, or Syria or Lebanon etc.

Well, KSA was angry with Pakistan because they did not take the same role taken by Egypt for example. Pakistan has its own problems with TTP and what not and should be diligently attending to those problems instead of jumping in wars it has no business fighting.

Of course he has support but his main support among Sunni Arabs in Syria is among the older generation and the Ba'athist's.

His main supporters belong to the minorities. Without them he would not be ruling.

I don't care about Al-Assad either. I see the regime as a problem due to their conduct. Before the conflict in Syria I had no problem with Al-Assad and his regime other than political disagreements. I for sure was not advocation war with Syria and I doubt that any Arab was. At most the Lebanese were highly critical of Al-Assad but that was due to Syrian influence in Lebanon.

No, because ISIS is a small niche among Sunnis. The most radical one. I explained to you the factors that have contributed to their rise in the Sunni Muslim areas of Iraq.

There were and plenty. But both parties were as bad.

On the other hand nobody was killing Shias in Yemen or Shias in Lebanon prior to Hezbollah or Houthi's. Yes, fellow Zaydis were (Saleh) and Israel were but neither are Sunnis.

In any case I have always said that more or less every regime out there in the ME and all those groups are clowns and poison for the region but what can you do? People have taken sides and are stubborn.

My Farsi brother pak cleared all tribal areas only thing left is tirah valley that operation is almost done pak has enough human resource that it can cater saudi needs .Pak is moving towards right direction my Farsi brother .pak and saudi relations r way deeper than U think .pak GONNA provide one corp to kingdom plus some FC which R battled hardened in tribal area which is similar to Yemen .there was No request of direct military intervention From kingdom .But what they were demanding they got it .Cheers

Last edited:
they are Iraqis who should choose during elections which president / government they want
it is not Saudi Arabia who should choose what should be the future of Iraq

Islamic State militants seize key areas in capital of Iraq’s largest province - The Washington Post
:(

This is the result of trusting the US and their allies in region .

I don't want to support Shia militias like a fanboy but they could change everything in Iraq if the government hadn't stopped their operation in Tikrit .

Saudis and US don't want ISIS to fall in Iraq as long as their terrorists gain a significant victory in Syria against Syrian Army . f ISIS falls in Iraq , thousands of Shia forces will enter Syria and can change the result there and this is what the US will never let happen through it's elements in Iraqi government and parliament .

they are Iraqis who should choose during elections which president / government they want
it is not Saudi Arabia who should choose what should be the future of Iraq

Islamic State militants seize key areas in capital of Iraq’s largest province - The Washington Post
:(

They don't wanna accept that government is merely fruit of an election ... people participate and vote to the party or candidates they prefer to take the power and whatever the outcome might be their vote must be respected ... but if you look at everything through sectarian glasses it could be hard for you to get along with the concept.

This is the result of trusting the US and their allies in region .

I don't want to support Shia militias like a fanboy but they could change everything in Iraq if the government hadn't stopped their operation in Tikrit .

Saudis and US don't want ISIS to fall in Iraq as long as their terrorists gain a significant victory in Syria against Syrian Army . f ISIS falls in Iraq , thousands of Shia forces will enter Syria and can change the result there and this is what the US will never let happen through it's elements in Iraqi government and parliament .

The plan is the secession of countries in the ME, once Iraq and Syria get that point the region would turn to a hell ... wars would happen in order to shape new borders .. which would result in smaller weak countries as puppets. it started by occupation of Iraq back in 2003 by fabricating stories about Iraqi WMD and its connections with AQ ...alligations that were baseless.

Back
Top Bottom