What's new

Iraqi Helicopter Downed By MANPADS Over Saladin (FN-6)

I thought it is an unwritten code for all countries, to not supply manpads to any terrorist or insurgent groups . I guess things will go messy and seriously bad

Mi-35M, damn it.
Vulnerability exposed.

Even the Apaches can be brought down with MANPADs... only good thing is Apache have infrared counter measures to confuse them ut doesn't work all the times a guess..

but in Mi series i don't know if it has any counter measures against MANPADs

Even the Apaches can be brought down with MANPADs... only good thing is Apache have infrared counter measures to confuse them ut doesn't work all the times a guess..

IR Suppressors & Chaff & flare dispenser.

IR Suppressors & Chaff & flare dispenser.
Very modern Manpad like FN-6 is able to evade flare dispenser. The lens on it is 3rd gen and is highly sensitive. The pilot must release the chaff exactly and precisely to shake off the missile.

The Iraqis operate the Mi-35M.

Read the following link, it has got the answer about your doubts on the counter measures.

Features: Мi-35М

But as someone said, the modern SAMs can sneak through these defences.
So, it's a vulnerability that needs to be addressed.

Very modern Manpad like FN-6 is able to evade flare dispenser. The lens on it is 3rd gen and is highly sensitive. The pilot must release the chaff exactly and precisely to shake off the missile.
If they gone to manually dispense chaff & flare then it would tricky as it depend on Pilot skills but current UV based modern EW suites dispense automatically without any involvement of pilot role.

We live in a dangerous world。

Wait for the day when terrorists get to lay their hands on directed-energy weapons。:devil:

Back
Top Bottom