What's new

Iraq orders Turkey to 'immediately' withdraw troops sent across border

کیرم تو مقدساتت که همون احمدی نژاد انتر باشه

Turkey had a presence in Iraq way before the whole Syrian civil war even started. There were already Turkish bases in the Kurdistan Regional Goverment and large scales operations into North Iraq was not uncommon by the Turkish armed forces.
A good point, Turkish presence in Northern Iraq goes decades back because of pkk using it as main base, if Iraq wants Turkey out then it should do something against various terrorist group tearing the country apart but its not gonna happen since they just care for the Shia part.

A good point, Turkish presence in Northern Iraq goes decades back because of pkk using it as main base, if Iraq wants Turkey out then it should do something against various terrorist group tearing the country apart but its not gonna happen since they just care for the Shia part.

In the past the Turkish armed forces had coordinated these operations with the KRG and central goverment aswell. I dont understand why it suddenly becomes a problem this time around when they need us the most considering the DAESH threath. And ofcourse Anti-Turkey bigots love to ones again cirklejerk in a subject they are poorly educated in.

In the past the Turkish armed forces had coordinated these operations with the KRG and centrail goverment aswell. I dont understand why it suddenly becomes a problem this time around when they need us the most considering the DAESH threath. And ofcourse Anti-Turkey bigots love to ones again cirklejerk in a subject they are poorly educated in.

I thought the two countries behind such ridiculous statements by Iraqi officials were pretty obvious...

Apparently there were only 90 of our guys at the base before. With the recent reinforcements the number rose to approximately 800 soldiers with Tanks, artillerys and everything... Given the size of the base and the fact that it is only 10km away from ISIS, it is pretty clear why Turkey needed to reinforce it. What isn't clear is how the Iraqi officials can be so spineless.

Turkey best friend of Iraqi Kurds. We are just bombing PKK who killed our babies. You should educate yourself.

Few weeks ago someone with Turkish flag did educate me about your problems with Kurds...So I know a little about that...

And one question why is your army being deployed in Iraqi territory, obviously you are not fighting ISIS, as you say you are best friends with Iraqi Kurds...then can you tell me why is your army is being deployed there?

Few weeks ago someone with Turkish flag did educate me about your problems with Kurds...So I know a little about that...

And one question why is your army being deployed in Iraqi territory, obviously you are not fighting ISIS, as you say you are best friends with Iraqi Kurds...then can you tell me why is your army is being deployed there?
To train peshmarga,Turkemens, and Arabs. Turkish army over there since 2013. And people of Mosul don't wants Shiite-Iran influence.
And why Iraq gov. reacted so hard ? Follow the news you will understand.

Lmao, turks immediately suspended the deployment of their troops in fear of getting spanked by Iraq :lol:
Government-paid turkish trolls must be crying right now. :cry:

Turkey Suspends Deploying Forces to Northern Iraq
DECEMBER 9, 2015

Turkey says it has currently stopped the deployment of troops to northern Iraq, warning, however, that it will not withdraw those soldiers already stationed in the Arab country.

Turkish Foreign Ministry spokesman Tanju Bilgic announced the development at a press conference in the Turkish capital, Ankara, on Tuesday.

Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu reiterated Ankara’s respect for Iraq’s territorial integrity during a Monday phone conversation with his Iraqi counterpart, Hoshyar Zebari, Bilgic stated.

On December 4, Turkey deployed some 150 soldiers, equipped with heavy weapons and backed by 20 to 25 tanks, to the outskirts of the city of Mosul, the capital of Iraq’s Nineveh Province.

Ankara claimed the deployment was part of a mission to train and equip Iraqi forces in the fight against the ISIL terrorist group. Baghdad, however, strongly condemned the deployment of the Turkish battalion on the Iraqi territory, branding the uncoordinated act a violation of Iraq’s national sovereignty.

Separately, in a speech to his party in the Turkish parliament, Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu said he was determined to visit Iraq as soon as possible to try to calm the latest Ankara-Baghdad tensions over the troops deployment.

In another development on Tuesday, people staged a demonstration outside the Turkish embassy in the Iraqi capital to express their dissatisfaction with the deployment of Turkish forces.

Turkey Suspends Deploying Forces to Northern Iraq

lol

Russia trying and failing hard to take "revenge" from Turkey. This must be embarrassing...

Iraq at U.N. plays down dispute with Turkey over troop deployment

Iraq's ambassador to the United Nations on Tuesday appeared to play down a dispute between Baghdad and Ankara over the deployment of Turkish troops in northern Iraq, saying bilateral talks between the neighboring states to end the row were proceeding favorably.

"We are solving it between Baghdad and Ankara bilaterally," Iraqi Ambassador Mohamed Ali Alhakim told reporters after Russia raised the issue of Turkey's deployment during a closed-door meeting of the United Nations Security Council. "We have not yet escalated it to the Security Council or to the United Nations."

"For us, what is helpful is the bilateral discussion going on right now between Baghdad and Ankara, and it's going extremely well," he said, adding that Moscow had not consulted with Baghdad before raising the issue in the council.

(...)

Full Story:Iraq at U.N. plays down dispute with Turkey over troop deployment| Reuters

to seek turkey interest ... Brittan device them when they cut all oil reach lands from Ottoman empire and make Iraq and Syria , now Turks find an opportunity and they want to use it to take those land for themselves ... this is real reason behind this move and all other reasons are just some excuses ..., don't take Ottoman Turks words seriously and just judge them base on their actions ...

Barazani only seek his and his family own interest and I'm sure he will gladly give all kurds girls and women to ISIS and Turks if they warranty his share ...

Last edited:
lol

Russia trying and failing hard to take "revenge" from Turkey. This must be embarrassing...

Iraq at U.N. plays down dispute with Turkey over troop deployment

Iraq's ambassador to the United Nations on Tuesday appeared to play down a dispute between Baghdad and Ankara over the deployment of Turkish troops in northern Iraq, saying bilateral talks between the neighboring states to end the row were proceeding favorably.

"We are solving it between Baghdad and Ankara bilaterally," Iraqi Ambassador Mohamed Ali Alhakim told reporters after Russia raised the issue of Turkey's deployment during a closed-door meeting of the United Nations Security Council. "We have not yet escalated it to the Security Council or to the United Nations."

"For us, what is helpful is the bilateral discussion going on right now between Baghdad and Ankara, and it's going extremely well," he said, adding that Moscow had not consulted with Baghdad before raising the issue in the council.

(...)

Full Story:Iraq at U.N. plays down dispute with Turkey over troop deployment| Reuters
Still waiting for the comment thats gonna claim how Iraq showed Turkey its place... even after this...

to seek turkey interest ... Brittan device them when they cut all oil reach lands from Ottoman empire and make Iraq and Syria , now Turks find an opportunity and they want to use it to take those land for themselves ... this is real reason behind this move and all other reasons are just some excuses ..., don't take Ottoman Turks words seriously and just judge them base on their actions ...

Barazani only seek his and his family own interest and I'm sure he will gladly give all kurds girls and women to ISIS and Turks if they warranty his share ...

Thanks for giving me another perspective of Turkey's involvement....

I can't understand .. the Iraq central government demands Turkey withdraw its troops ... why is it so hard to fathom?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom