What's new

Iraq orders Turkey to 'immediately' withdraw troops sent across border

Madali

Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
Difference sources,
Iraq orders Turkey to 'immediately' withdraw troops sent across border | World news | The Guardian
Iraq demands Turkish troops withdraw from near Mosul - BBC News

Can one of your Turks please explain what the hell is going on with Erdogan's foreign policy? How did Turkey go from a Zero-Problems foreign policy of a few years back to just about pissing in EVERYONE'S faces.

I'm not an anti-Turkey Iranian. I generally like Turkey. I used to think that Turkey was going to make our region proud. It was an amazing example of a country that was bridging the east & the west, being both Muslim & secular, able to work peacefully and respectfully with all the countries in the region.

Now, it is 180 degrees opposite. It has gone from a Zero Problem foreign policy to All Problem foreign policy.

This is a map of Turkey. Look at the land borders.

turkey-and-its-neighbours-map.jpg

It seems that Erdogan has a bucket list. "Piss off all off my land border neighbors before I leave office".

Out of 8 land neighbors, six of them are,

Armenia, check
Greece, check
Cyprus, check
Syria, check
Iran, check
Iraq, check

I don't know how the relationship is with the remaining two, Georgia & Bulgaria, but if it is good, then we can be sure that in a year or two, Erdogan is going to do something to piss them off too.

Last edited:
Dude, its not up to Erdogan... He also doesnt want a problem.. But, once there is new middle east map created based on your land without you, You gotta do something and simple play big to play with bigger players! I think Turkey made his new game there... After Saudi Arabia's previous king took Sisi to the power, Turkey was shocked. It couldnt do much until last march when the new King came to the power who is close to Muslim brotherhood. Latest vote to girls in S.Arabia also shows that!
After this time, Turkey in a very strong position. The west also understood that, with Turkish army technology and Arabic money, Turkey will gain the region. SO now, all powers are in rush to get their share... Once Turkey develops and make it operational its own anti SAM and AESA radar with next 2 years, Those armies will get in more trouble.. I believe, USA let Russia to get in... Because, Russia would risk their air force if they knew that US might support rebels with anti air missiles. However, so far, Turkey and Arabic countries couldnt convince USA about that unlike in TOW missiles supplies.. USA simple gave assurance to Russian forces to make them face with Turkey...
Russia, on the other hand, by bombing those oil refinery, will push the oil price up which is 50-60% Russian export.
This war will continue next 2-3 years... it also depends on new American president! I believe, not matter who comes to power, they will act like tough guy, because that the best language against Russia and CHine today, unlike what Obama did!

Dude, its not up to Erdogan... He also doesnt want a problem.. But, once there is new middle east map created based on your land without you, You gotta do something and simple play big to play with bigger players! I think Turkey made his new game there... After Saudi Arabia's previous king took Sisi to the power, Turkey was shocked. It couldnt do much until last march when the new King came to the power who is close to Muslim brotherhood. Latest vote to girls in S.Arabia also shows that!
After this time, Turkey in a very strong position. The west also understood that, with Turkish army technology and Arabic money, Turkey will gain the region. SO now, all powers are in rush to get their share... Once Turkey develops and make it operational its own anti SAM and AESA radar with next 2 years, Those armies will get in more trouble.. I believe, USA let Russia to get in... Because, Russia would risk their air force if they knew that US might support rebels with anti air missiles. However, so far, Turkey and Arabic countries couldnt convince USA about that unlike in TOW missiles supplies.. USA simple gave assurance to Russian forces to make them face with Turkey...
Russia, on the other hand, by bombing those oil refinery, will push the oil price up which is 50-60% Russian export.
This war will continue next 2-3 years... it also depends on new American president! I believe, not matter who comes to power, they will act like tough guy, because that the best language against Russia and CHine today, unlike what Obama did!

I understand some of that. I have no issue with a country trying to be more powerful and gaining regional power. That's the goal of every strong country. It's honorable.

My issue is that Turkey seems to be doing it wrong. Turkey can't become more powerful by making enemies with everyone. Specially land border neighbors which is extremely important to a country's stability. If you have 1 or 2 enemies in your land border, that's understandable. By 6 out of 8 seems a dangerous path to go on.

How can you make a good relationships with this neighbours :guns:
Lot of them shit and some others are trying to pressing Turkey' s influence.
latest

tumblr_lksflrV1781qhzw0mo1_400.jpg

I understand some of that. I have no issue with a country trying to be more powerful and gaining regional power. That's the goal of every strong country. It's honorable.

My issue is that Turkey seems to be doing it wrong. Turkey can't become more powerful by making enemies with everyone. Specially land border neighbors which is extremely important to a country's stability. If you have 1 or 2 enemies in your land border, that's understandable. By 6 out of 8 seems a dangerous path to go on.
Bro, those are not enemies... Greece accept more and more Turkish tourist every year. Thats why their prime minister supported Turkey about Syrian refuge crisis.. Once, Turkey becomes way mor stronger after 2023, they will also understand that there is no meaning to have a policy against Turkey.
Turkey has no issues with Iranian people. Only issues related with Governments and even they dont openly go against each others. Iran need Turkey to export gas and Turkey need Iran as its very big market.. and as you know 30 million Azeris there! Turkey needs Arabs to attract cash into the country and play its role in Middle east. They play big games without spending single coin.. win win situation, so they risked this policy.. Once, the Syrian crisis is over, relations will become fine with Iran!
Everybody hates US and its policy, but also everybody works with them. Unfortunately, This is the reality about the world! Iraq, was pro Iranian but its also matter of Syrian crisis. Once, its over, Turkish contruction companies will jump in to build those cities up.
I might confuse you with all these little highlights... I hope you can understand what i mean.

Bro, those are not enemies... Greece accept more and more Turkish tourist every year. Thats why their prime minister supported Turkey about Syrian refuge crisis.. Once, Turkey becomes way mor stronger after 2023, they will also understand that there is no meaning to have a policy against Turkey.
Turkey has no issues with Iranian people. Only issues related with Governments and even they dont openly go against each others. Iran need Turkey to export gas and Turkey need Iran as its very big market.. and as you know 30 million Azeris there! Once, the Syrian crisis is over, relations will become fine!
Everybody hates US and its policy, but also everybody works with them. Unfortunately, This is the reality about the world! Iraq, was pro Iranian but its also matter of Syrian crisis. Once, its over, Turkish contruction companies will jump in to build those cities up.
I might confuse you with all these little highlights... I hope you can understand what i mean.

I understand what you mean. I guess, I said it wrong to claim they were all enemies. Of course not, that was wrong from my side. I think what I should have said is that Erdogan always says or does something that pisses them off. We have a lot of trade & tourism with Turkey, but we can't consider them as an ally. But before it was not like that. I remember years ago, when there was negotiations with Iran to send out our enriched uranium in exchange for isotopes, Iran said the only country they can trust to send them to was Turkey. Today, my country is trusting Russia more. But I wish it wasn't Russia, who I don't ever trust. I wish it was Turkey as an alliance. I think instead of Turkey wanting to dominate the region, it would have been better if it was Turkey/Syria/Iraq/Iran having a strong alliance.

I understand what you mean. I guess, I said it wrong to claim they were all enemies. Of course not, that was wrong from my side. I think what I should have said is that Erdogan always says or does something that pisses them off. We have a lot of trade & tourism with Turkey, but we can't consider them as an ally. But before it was not like that. I remember years ago, when there was negotiations with Iran to send out our enriched uranium in exchange for isotopes, Iran said the only country they can trust to send them to was Turkey. Today, my country is trusting Russia more. But I wish it wasn't Russia, who I don't ever trust. I wish it was Turkey as an alliance. I think instead of Turkey wanting to dominate the region, it would have been better if it was Turkey/Syria/Iraq/Iran having a strong alliance.
I definitely agree with you!!! I still want them to work together before two nation become part of this propaganda and hate each others...
To be honest, the mind and life style of Iranian people is very very close to the Turkish and Azeris.. You are also not very strict muslims even though were controlled all these years by Islamist government.
It is understandable that Iran and Turkey doesn't want to loose Syria. Its a very strategic location. Turkey was on your side against the all world when they wanted to sanction. Turkey want you to develop economically, as it will also drive their export up. Everybody wants developing neighbor... They even gave you Israeli spy and so on. But as i said, Turkey need Arabs to make sure that they got enough money to turn the area to their side. Unfortunately Arabs are against Iran and Turkey should also follow to make them believe Turkey.. But, Turkey never accept Iran as enemy, they know that, no matter what, we will live in this region for another hundreds years as we always lived..
On the other hand, Iran might suffer very bad as their is more and more Turkey will push with new S. Arabian king. As Turkey came to Mosul yesterday, i believe its just beginning. They will deploy more to take Mosul back..
Turkey will push the USA to create safe zone. After that, it would be very hard for Russian jets to find each of those small groups and bomb them.. I wonder how Iran and Russia plan to win the area? Whats your idea?

no wonder everybody hate them.

We don't give a fvck what our neighbors think, and give no fvck at all if someone hates us which his country is in "top 10 the most hated countries" of 9 out of 10 surveys on whole internet. So, no fvck here for you. Try somewhere else.

How can you make a good relationships with this neighbours :guns:
Lot of them shit and some others are trying to pressing Turkey' s influence.
every one should respect each other.
we are not in the old times of influences but we are in a new world of relations.

kurds become nationalists... you cannot change it until kurds in Turkey feel Turks .
Iraq is not your land you should respect it

Turkey of Erdogan trying to involve in many countries for the worst:
supporting retard islamist in Egypt
supporting retard Hamas in Gaza
supporting retard islamists in Syria (i don't mean all rebels are retards but some are just caring their ideology and don't care Syrian matter)
now Iraq

sad . very sad.

Iranians are not the ones who will blame the most. i live in Europe. they hate you more and more.
and they have their reasons.

I definitely agree with you!!! I still want them to work together before two nation become part of this propaganda and hate each others...
To be honest, the mind and life style of Iranian people is very very close to the Turkish and Azeris.. You are also not very strict muslims even though were controlled all these years by Islamist government.
It is understandable that Iran and Turkey doesn't want to loose Syria. Its a very strategic location. Turkey was on your side against the all world when they wanted to sanction. Turkey want you to develop economically, as it will also drive their export up. Everybody wants developing neighbor... They even gave you Israeli spy and so on. But as i said, Turkey need Arabs to make sure that they got enough money to turn the area to their side. Unfortunately Arabs are against Iran and Turkey should also follow to make them believe Turkey.. But, Turkey never accept Iran as enemy, they know that, no matter what, we will live in this region for another hundreds years as we always lived..
On the other hand, Iran might suffer very bad as their is more and more Turkey will push with new S. Arabian king. As Turkey came to Mosul yesterday, i believe its just beginning. They will deploy more to take Mosul back..
Turkey will push the USA to create safe zone. After that, it would be very hard for Russian jets to find each of those small groups and bomb them.. I wonder how Iran and Russia plan to win the area? Whats your idea?

I don't care what Russia does, but I think Iran should try to talk to Turkey and see what their plan is. If they want to help the Kurds or fight against ISIS, then Iran can talk to both Turkey & Iraq, and maybe Iraq can officially "ask" for Turkey's help and give them permission. Entering without permission is very negative for our region. Turkey shot a Russian plane for violating their air space, and two weeks later, they send troops across the border to Iraq without their permission? It's not professional.

Maybe Iraq is too weak to defend its territory, but it shouldn't be an excuse for Turkey to take advantage of their neighbor's weakness like this. This is what I think.

So, basically it is turkey invading iraq, what a joke!!! no wonder everybody hate them.

Noone cares. We only care our interests. It is not important Whether It is Russia or others. When the arm industry started revealing the strategic big projects proceeding simultaneously at present, The Middle East game will be more interesting but At present, We need 4-5 years more to see the results of what We are aiming to be !

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom