What's new

Iran’s Game-Changing Rapid-Fire Underground Missile Base

And what about EMP PULSES from Nuclear blast that will destroy electrical/ electronical systems of these MISSILE CITIES???

To be honest I can't comment with certainty whether these sites are EMP hardened, but given the level of defence gone into these cities, I would say it is very likely. Iran has made these sites hardened against nuclear attacks so clearly they are not putting it past the Americans to use a nuclear weapon in a non-nuclear environment i.e against a non-nuclear country.

Yes you're right, Whole Iran stand upon Iranian plateau, Just like our Baluchistan but in North its have much higher elevations as compare to our Baluchistan

Higher elevations also make it harder to dig into the mountains...

Also much closer to Israel.....the further away from the shore and Israel the better (at least for LR missiles). The only logical sense would be near Central Asia.

To be honest I can't comment with certainty whether these sites are EMP hardened, but given the level of defence gone into these cities, I would say it is very likely. Iran has made these sites hardened against nuclear attacks so clearly they are not putting it past the Americans to use a nuclear weapon in a non-nuclear environment i.e against a non-nuclear country.
ok you know nothing but you're just speculating, but but you're right most probably these CITIES have ANTI EMP CAPABILITY

ok you know nothing but you're just speculating, but but you're right most probably these CITIES have ANTI EMP CAPABILITY

Militaries are extremely calculative, they only feed limited information to the public domains, the reality is probably much different to what we think. As an example, all these systems you see revealed to public like missile cities etc, these are not "new", they've had these for decades and only now decided to show them. Who knows what else is going on.

Higher elevations also make it harder to dig into the mountains...

Also much closer to Israel.....the further away from the shore and Israel the better (at least for LR missiles). The only logical sense would be near Central Asia.
There is another place that mountainous but not that much high as Alborz mountain range or Caucasus along on border with Azerbaijan and Black sea, this place will Adjacent to Afghanistan border and Area near southeast of Black Sea

Every second day Iran comes up with some Game-Changing technology. If that is truly the case that means Iran should be having a solid R&D eco-system in place (unless all these goodies are coming from some 3rd party). But it doesn't make sense since I have a first hand-knowledge regarding the Health/Pharma industry and Iran is heavily dependent on western medicine.

So if there is such a homegrown R&D environment, how come there is no focus on Health & Pharma sector and huge amounts of Foreign currency is spent each month despite sanctions and other restrictions, logically speaking something doesnt add up :undecided:
Theres a critical difference between those 2 industries.
In the case of the development of its military industrial complex iran was left with little real choice but to develop it itself as it not only had vast amounts of western supplied military equipment and hardware [as one would naturally expect as a former western vassal] that needed continuous logistics support and other after market back up that was now virtually completely cut off.The other problem was that this really only left the ussr/russia and china as the only other potential military suppliers,however the problem was that the ussr/russia and china tended to not only have less technologically advanced weapons and hardware,but in addition had often shown themselves to be not only unreliable suppliers of military hardware,but to also be politically and economically unreliable as well,ie not really the sort of suppliers that you want to be reliant on for weapons and logistics supplies if you can really help it.
So iran was left with literally no choice but to develop its own military industrial complex as that was the only way initially to try and keep as much of its western supplied hardware operational as it could
I suspect that just as we see with irans military and its r&d base,the growth and development of its civillian r&d base is rather uneven and haphazard with some areas being much more developed than others likely due to a combination of strategic necessity and economic demand.
In stark comparison with trade with the us,at least up until around about a decade ago,iran was still able to carry out a lot of trade with europe in a great many areas and one of these was the supply of medicines.Now at the time like a lot of things,it made good economic sense to buy things like pharmaceuticals from the eurozone rather than having to go to all the time,trouble and expense of having to set up an enormous indigenous pharmaceutical and medical technology industry to make iran reasonably self sufficient in that field.
I think that iran ultimately underestimated the extent to which the the west as a whole was willing to go to ie inflicting economic damage upon itself just to try and put pressure on iran,and I think that iran also overestimated the degree of political and economic sovereignty that the eurovassal nations,and indeed russia and china as well,had when it came to standing up to us hegemony and putting their own interests first.
In addition you had rouhani who,despite all of the obvious evidence of the vulnerabilities within the iranian economy from its dangerous over-reliance on the eurovassals that dated back to the ahmadinejad era,still hoped that a nuclear deal could get everything back to "normal" ie back to the good old liberal-capitalist model of relying on eurovassal imports.
The problem is that one can either have an economy based on liberal capitalism or a resistance economy,you cant have both its either one or the other,yet despite paying lip service to the idea of a resistance economy rouhani clearly would`ve prefered the liberal capitalist model.The irony is that with the collapse of the jcpoa he effectively had to do all the things that he really didnt want to do and had no plan for,he had to do more trade with china and russia not less,and his attempts at resurrecting the iran-eurozone trade back to the level of the 2000s were virtual non starters with the collapse of the jcpoa.He then had to attempt to set up local industries to compensate for the lack of these imports when he would`ve prefered to just import.Frankly I`m amazed he managed to achieve anything at all considering his lack of any "plan b" if the jcpoa failed.
Ultimately tho its going to be up to the next government/governments to come up with a national coordinated plan for the development of the iranian pharmaceutical industrial complex to ensure the maximum level of indigenous content and self sufficiency in the local production of as many medicines and medical equipments as possible because this isnt about economics any longer its about simple strategic necessity,lest a possible future iran winds up with someone like medeline albright claiming that the hundreds of thousands of preventable deaths due to lack of medicines because of western sanctions is "worth the price".....
Lastly so long as the political will is there theres literally almost nothing that cannot be achieved,but that will first has to be there......

I suspect that just as we see with irans military and its r&d base,the growth and development of its civillian r&d base is rather uneven and haphazard with some areas being much more developed than others likely due to a combination of strategic necessity and economic demand.

Thank you for providing a more objective analysis. This is what I suspected as well, because of strategic necessity the focus has been towards military development ONLY. Unlike some other fan boy poster, I would not quote or substantiate my claim by posting news articles which are primarily addressed towards the local audience however since I have the first hand information and would like to stick with it (we in EU take data confidentiality seriously).

He then had to attempt to set up local industries to compensate for the lack of these imports when he would`ve prefered to just import.Frankly I`m amazed he managed to achieve anything at all considering his lack of any "plan b" if the jcpoa failed.
Ultimately tho its going to be up to the next government/governments to come up with a national coordinated plan for the development of the iranian pharmaceutical industrial complex to ensure the maximum level of indigenous content and self sufficiency in the local production of as many medicines

I can point out there has been a major lack of vision or competence or both. Without divulging much I can give you an example and you are brainy enough to figure the rest out 😉 A guy being offered a stock of best quality cows and all the support to build up his own farm (be self-sufficient) however he is adamant of buying the milk cartons in insane quantities.

And what about EMP PULSES from Nuclear blast that will destroy electrical/ electronical systems of these MISSILE CITIES???

Regarding ground penetration of EMP pulses I found this:
The E3 pulse is low frequency pulse which, unlike the high frequency E1 and E2 pulses, can penetrate the ground, where it can induce substantial electric currents in very long (over 100 kilometers long) buried cables. [10].

So, since higher frequency EM radiation is not able to penetrate the ground by much, EMP is not much of a problem for underground installations. Put a surge filter on your power supply line and you should be OK (In war time local generators are likely to be used anyway)

First of all, what do medicines have to do with the defence sector? Does heavy R&D in one fields have to be mirrored in other fields? Morever, over 97% of all Iranian medicines are being produced in-house, your claim of "heavily dependant on western medicine" is not factual.
wrong and right , we produce 97% of those drugs in Iran , but for them we import their base molcules from out side and them pack them in pills and syrups and ....

wrong and right , we produce 97% of those drugs in Iran , but for them we import their base molcules from out side and them pack them in pills and syrups and ....

So it's 97% of them are assembled in Iran, not manufactured from scratch.

This is false. Iran may be importing various raw materials in order to synthesise the Active Pharmaceutic Ingredients (API) etc, but that's not the same thing as them importing the API and just formulating the final end product. I work in the pharmacy sector and have contacts in Iran in this field and I can say from experience that trying to export even APIs to Iran is hindered by sanctions. Even regarding the actual raw ingredients, Iran is now producing most of them internally:

"Today, 67% of raw materials for medicine is produced inside Iran and we hope that this number will increase to 80% by the end of the current administration [of President Rouhani]," Jahanpour told reporters in Tehran on Tuesday.

Meantime, Head of the Syndicate of Producers of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Materials and Drug Packaging Industries Faramarz Ekhterayee said that 100% of the country's needs to drug packaging materials are produced indigenously.

"We also produce 97% of the needed medicine,"

I have a first hand-knowledge regarding the Health/Pharma industry and Iran is heavily dependent on western medicine.

So if there is such a homegrown R&D environment, how come there is no focus on Health & Pharma sector and huge amounts of Foreign currency is spent each month despite sanctions and other restrictions

This would suppose that western pharmaceutical industries do not fear being accused by the US of violating Washington's unilaterally-imposed, extraterritorial sanctions. But in fact they very much do.

Reports have highlighted how manufacturers of treatments for rare diseases, which are among the 3% of drugs Iran does not locally produce (yet), have stopped all exports to Iran due to fear of US sanctions.

Here's an example:

I would not quote or substantiate my claim by posting news articles which are primarily addressed towards the local audience however since I have the first hand information and would like to stick with it (we in EU take data confidentiality seriously).

I can point out there has been a major lack of vision or competence or both. Without divulging much I can give you an example and you are brainy enough to figure the rest out 😉 A guy being offered a stock of best quality cows and all the support to build up his own farm (be self-sufficient) however he is adamant of buying the milk cartons in insane quantities.

Seems to me you are extrapolating snatches of information obtained from your individual professional experience to draw general conclusions.

Even if European pharmaceutical companies did not fear being sanctioned by the US and agreed to export vast quantities of medicine to Iran - or somehow managed to set up a sanction-proof, covert export channel never mentioned in the news, which given the arbitrary practices of the US regime is hard to imagine, this still wouldn't imply that Iran is not capable of producing these same items locally, that Iran has not already set up the corresponding production lines, nor even that these are not actually being produced in Iran.

Here are just two (out of many) potential reasons for this:

1) It is entirely possible that medicine, like a host of other products, is being imported by corrupt elements, not for consumption inside Iran but simply for re-export.

Indeed, some business operators have been known to use their personal connections to the Central Bank of Iran or other state institutions in order to convert rials into hard currency at favorable, state-sponsored exchange rates normally reserved for importers of critical goods not produced in Iran - even though the goods these people intend to import are in fact very much produced by Iran.

With these dollars obtained at a cheaper rate, they buy said products from abroad, keep them in stock for some time and then reexport them at the regular exchange rate. Which translates into huge profits.

2) Theoretically, it is also possible that certain liberal elements close to the reformist and centrist factions, out of ideological persuasion or because they might perhaps be traitors linked to foreign intelligence services, are importing medicine that is also produced inside Iran and distribute it on the national market with the precise aim of undermining local industries.

Because they oppose the idea of self-sufficiency, citing Smithian comparative advantage theory, and would like to see Iran integrate into the global economy as a sole exporter of crude oil that imports everything else.

So as you can see, there are many possible explanations as to why Iran might import medicine despite producing it at home in sufficient quantities. These claimed imports - if actually genuine, do not necessarily imply a lack of domestic production.

This would suppose that western pharmaceutical industries do not fear being accused by the US of violating Washington's unilaterally-imposed, extraterritorial sanctions. But in fact they very much do.

Reports have highlighted how manufacturers of treatments for rare diseases, which are among the 3% of drugs Iran does not locally produce (yet), have stopped all exports to Iran due to fear of US sanctions.

Actually your messaged helped me in connecting alot of dots. I would abstain from commenting on it and open a new pandors box for the fanboy, keyboard warriors and the pseudo-intellectuals.

Middle east politics is not my forte either way. But I will probably conclude and with 90% certinity that the two potential reasons you provided are not even operating in isolation rather in full coherence, with a tacit approval from the power corridors.........despite other objectives....... one is to undermine the present highest authority and the future politics/power struggle/posturing or whatever you may label it as.

Here's an example:
those rare disease are not among the half percent of our drug import , by the way we were imported the drug bases from eyrop but now we mainly import from china , India , Russia and ...
This is false. Iran may be importing various raw materials in order to synthesise the Active Pharmaceutic Ingredients (API) etc, but that's not the same thing as them importing the API and just formulating the final end product. I work in the pharmacy sector and have contacts in Iran in this field and I can say from experience that trying to export even APIs to Iran is hindered by sanctions. Even regarding the actual raw ingredients, Iran is now producing most of them internally:

the key point is hope
So it's 97% of them are assembled in Iran, not manufactured from scratch.
no around 60% is produced from scratch

https://join.popularmechanics.com/p...088&cds_mag_code=POP&cds_tracking_code=topnav

Iran's New Underground Missile Base Looks Mildly Terrifying. See for Yourself.
It's a bit like a Bond villain lair, only much more dangerous.
BY KYLE MIZOKAMI
NOV 5, 2020

underground missile base in iran

YOUTUBE/IMA MEDIA
  • A new video shows an underground missile complex somewhere in Iran.
  • The missiles, known as Emads, appear to be loaded on a “clip” that allows Iran to fire the missiles in quick succession.
  • The missiles have the range to attack many of Iran’s regional enemies, including Israel, Iraq, and Saudi Arabia, as well as American military bases in the area.
An underground missile base lurking somewhere beneath Iran looks an awful lot like a James Bond villain lair, complete with walls carved out of rock, spotlights, and a promise of “severe revenge.”

The base, featured in the YouTube video below, includes rows of Emad missiles and what appears to be an underground rail system, allowing missiles to be fired rapidly from a protected position.
This content is imported from YouTube. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site.

The video, shot in an undisclosed location in Iran, shows off one of the country’s underground missile sites. We've seen such silos before; past videos usually show rows of missiles lining underground shafts, as well as missile-launching trucks. In that respect, the new video isn't wildly different from the rest.
YOU'LL LOVE THIS

Inside the CIA Plan to Steal Soviet Missile Data

However, the new clip does appear to reveal new, silo-based launch systems. You can see stockpiled Emad (“pillar” in Farsi) missiles being loaded horizontally onto what looks to be some kind of underground rail system. In the video, five Emad missiles are closely spaced on the rail system, then roll farther down a tunnel shaft.

The system likely uses a rail system rather than truck transport to avoid missiles loaded with liquid rocket fuel and highly explosive warheads from accidentally careening into the tunnel wall.
emad

Emad missiles loaded vertically on the rail systems

The exact launch system isn’t shown, but a clear implication is that the rail system is driven underneath a silo door leading to the surface. A missile is fired through the hole, the rail car advances to position the next missile, and on and on until all missiles are fired.
Why would Iran do this? It could allow a single silo to launch many missiles in quick succession, more than an anti-ballistic missile defense system can handle. The Emad missile is also liquid-fueled, and must be fueled up before launch. Fueling and launching several missiles from one central missile complex is logistically much simpler than building multiple silos, each with its own missile fuel tanks.
emad

Missile rail tracks, presumably leading to the launch location
But there are downsides to this system. If there’s an accident involving one missile, the resulting explosion could affect the rest of the missiles loaded on the missile training, with varying degrees of “uh-oh” depending on whether those missiles are armed and loaded with fuel. Another problem: If adversaries successfully locate and target the silo entrance, destroying it could trap many missiles underground, unable to fire
The Emad missile, according to Missile Threat, has a range of 1,065 miles. It has a circular error probable of 1,640 feet, meaning half of the Emads launched at a target will land within 1,640 feet of the target. (The other half will miss by a greater margin.) The missile can carry a payload of 1,650 pounds, likely a single large highly explosive warhead or a warhead composed of many tennis-ball sized cluster bombs.

emad

Emad missile launch from an above ground launch location.
MISSILE DEFENSE ADVOCACY AGENCY
A range of 1,065 miles puts a number of Iran’s regional adversaries at risk, including Israel, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates. It also puts U.S. forces in Iraq, the U.S. Navy’s Fifth Fleet headquarters in Bahrain, and the U.S. Air Force’s sprawling air bases at Al-Udeid in Qatar and Al Dhafra in the UAE in the crosshairs. However, Israel’s David’s Sling and the American Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) and Patriot PAC-3 anti-ballistic missile systems could shoot down an Emad.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom