What's new

Iranians in general like India

Frankly, Iranians might love Indian culture and society, but I dont think we have been fair to them in recent times. We have been too much under US pressure. The flip-flop on the sanctions thing and siding with the US at the UN. The no progress on the pipeline issue, we simply havent been tactful enough. India needs to strengthen its relation with Iran.

The thread was about Iranians bursting into tears upon hearing about their Indian brothers(?), but bhai logs contaminated it with Indian slums, poverty rants, n other types of India-bashing known to humankind so far. :frown:

The thread was about Iranians bursting into tears upon hearing about their Indian brothers(?), but bhai logs contaminated it with Indian slums, poverty rants, n other types of India-bashing known to humankind so far. :frown:

Everyone loves us so much..whatelse can we ask for...this is the story of every good thread about India.

The mention of India anywhere brings tears to the eyes of Iranians. They all look upon India with great admiration for its past and with hope for the future.

http://http://www.hinduonnet.com/mag/2002/03/03/stories/2002030300070400.htm

:woot: :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Its true Iranians in general have a few positive stereotypes about us,but statements like these "The mention of India anywhere brings tears to the eyes of Iranians." Seems too bollywood inspired :rofl:

Not surprising that it comes from such a source.

PS:Why is this thread still open mods?:mod:

Lucknow is most Iranian city outside Iran!

Located in what was historically known as the Awadh region, Lucknow has always been a multicultural city. Courtly manners, beautiful gardens, poetry, music, and fine cuisine patronized by the Persian-loving Shia Nawabs of the city are well known amongst Indians and students of South Asian culture and history.[9] Lucknow is popularly known as The City of Nawabs. It is also known as the Golden City of the East, Shiraz-i-Hind and The Constantinople of India.[10]

iranians have a greater intellectual history than the arabian peninsula e.g.

i dont agree . . Enough that the people of the Arabian Peninsula Brought Islam to Persia Who was lived in the darkness of ignorance and backwardness :mod:

i dont agree . . Enough that the people of the Arabian Peninsula Brought Islam to Persia Who was lived in the darkness of ignorance and backwardness :mod:

Pre-Islamic Iran was not a backward nation nor its people "in an age of ignorance" prior to the Islamic conquest. It was a established state with its own identity, distinct language and literary customs, cities, culture and rites, well-developed architectural principles, state laws and etc. The post-conquest Islamic golden age which would follow was aided in turn by Iranian scholars, artists, scientists and architects. It was rather the interim Arab rule in fact which brought a retrogression in that texts were systematically destroyed and the native population (Ajam temtemi - stuttering barbarian/ Iranian) treated unfairly-- a fact which is well documented.

Yes having thinking about India giving tears is exaggerated, but I'm sure Iranians adore India.

Here is title clip from a old television serial called "Mosaferi az-hend", featuring beautiful Sheila Khodadad. I was told it was very popular. I don't remember any Indian serial with Iranian background :P

We always sheltered Iranians historically, show some respect people, after all the article was on positive side.

Last edited by a moderator:
We always sheltered Iranians historically, show some respect people, after all the article was on positive side.

I don't think Modern Iranians in general associate themselves with Zoroastrians or Zoroastrianism.

watch

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom