What's new

Iranians in general like India

the topic should've been titled iranian leftists at university like indian leftists at university actually :D

which might be true.

i don't think we'll totally eradicate poverty in even 50 years, simply because of higher fertility among the poor -> low savings , education investment -> poverty.

there will be plenty of poor people in india for a long long time.

india cannot legislate fertility unfortunately.

Which part of India are you from?

i am from delhi
Oh good capital city. Good for you. Look I am from Andhra Pradesh, though I live in states now. I remember in 1990's, Andhra used to be this state with under developed infrastructure, low educated, low industrialized, didn't had many job opportunities. Things have changed so much in 15 years. Now, according to a recent labor index level Andhra stands at #1 in proving labor and opportunities. Its fertility index has come down from 4 to 1.9. I am especially proud of number of students that get into iit's from AP (8 of top 10 ranks went to AP students). What I am trying to get at is, it only takes 10-15 years to change the state of poor if we provide them with good governance and facilities. And I feel that's happening now.

Oh good capital city. Good for you. Look I am from Andhra Pradesh, though I live in states now. I remember in 1990's, Andhra used to be this state with under developed infrastructure, low educated, low industrialized, didn't had many job opportunities. Things have changed so much in 15 years. Now, according to a recent labor index level Andhra stands at #1 in proving labor and opportunities. Its fertility index has come down from 4 to 1.9. I am especially proud of number of students that get into iit's from AP (8 of top 10 ranks went to AP students). What I am trying to get at is, it only takes 10-15 years to change the state of poor if we provide them with good governance and facilities. And I feel that's happening now.

indian politics at the state levels sucks in general. chandrababu naidu was an exception. i am not hoping for such miracles on a continued basis. your optimism is good but slightly exaggerated :tup:

Cut the crap guys. What the hell is going on in here? Its about Iranians & Indians, so where this "more poor than Africa" sh!t came from. :tdown:

Seriously, you guys are trolling champions.. Hats off :hitwall:

Well i too like Iran, it was a former superpower. I think it was Persia then. Even now the name of Persia evokes romanticism for many.

But Ahmedinajad is not a part of it for sure!!!
The truth is, Ahmadinejad is only defending Iran's national interests, that's why western media are spreading propaganda and lies about him. He never said "wipe Israel off the map" for example, this is just one example; Does Iran's President Want Israel Wiped Of The Map - Does He Deny Te Holocaust?

o best understand Iran and their people, one must first attempt to acquire an understanding of its culture. It is in the study of this area where the Iranian identity optimally expresses itself. Hence the first sentence of prominent Iranologist Richard Nelson Frye's latest book on Iran reads:
"Iran's glory has always been its culture." [1]
Iranians were not only open to other cultures, but freely adapted to all they found useful. Thus an eclectic cultural elasticity has been said to be one of the key defining characteristics of the Persian spirit and a clue to its historic longevity.[2] Furthermore, Iran's culture has manifested itself in several facets throughout the history of Iran, as well as that of many Central Asia.
The article uses the words Persian and Iranian interchangeably, sometimes referring to the language and its speakers, and other times referring to the name of pre-20th century Iran, a nomenclature which survives from western explorers and orientalists. Both are not the same however, and the cultures of the people of Greater Persia is the focus of this article.

Iranian culture has influenced countless civilisations, it has left its mark on dozens of languages, in fact it was the lingua fascia of india for centuries, even today Persian poetry, literature, cinema and art are famous the world over.

o best understand Iran and their people, one must first attempt to acquire an understanding of its culture. It is in the study of this area where the Iranian identity optimally expresses itself. Hence the first sentence of prominent Iranologist Richard Nelson Frye's latest book on Iran reads:
"Iran's glory has always been its culture." [1]
Iranians were not only open to other cultures, but freely adapted to all they found useful. Thus an eclectic cultural elasticity has been said to be one of the key defining characteristics of the Persian spirit and a clue to its historic longevity.[2] Furthermore, Iran's culture has manifested itself in several facets throughout the history of Iran, as well as that of many Central Asia.
The article uses the words Persian and Iranian interchangeably, sometimes referring to the language and its speakers, and other times referring to the name of pre-20th century Iran, a nomenclature which survives from western explorers and orientalists. Both are not the same however, and the cultures of the people of Greater Persia is the focus of this article.

Iran is open to other cultures and India is not? Wow. How many other faith people live in Iran? Compare that to India. You would know.

india is as much a nation, as the equator Winston Churchill

---------- Post added at 04:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 AM ----------

india is open to genocide of other cultures.

Iranian culture has influenced countless civilisations, it has left its mark on dozens of languages, in fact it was the lingua fascia of india for centuries, even today Persian poetry, literature, cinema and art are famous the world over.

pig ignorance is the only word for those who don't understand the impact of indian culture.

2 words for you. google it. "dharmic religions". check how it looks on a map.

the basis of indian culture(vedas) was born in what is today pakistan but your nation has decided to report to arabia instead. fine.

pig ignorance is the only word for those who don't understand the impact of indian culture.

2 words for you. google it. "dharmic religions". check how it looks on a map.

the basis of indian culture(vedas) was born in what is today pakistan but your nation has decided to report to arabia instead. fine.

Watch what you are saying, indian culture, compared to Persian culture, we all know which is superior, and which has more influence on the world. As to dharmic religions - and what not, I respect our glorious history in its entirety, including the Indus Valley Civilisation, that was a sophisticated ancient society on par with Egypt and Greece, and which was a predominately Pakistan based.

So if the dharmic religions were born in Pakistan, your culture also belongs to us.....:pakistan:

Watch what you are saying, indian culture, compared to Persian culture, we all know which is superior, and which has more influence on the world. As to dharmic religions - and what not, I respect our glorious history in its entirety, including the Indus Valley Civilisation, that was a sophisticated ancient society on par with Egypt and Greece, and which was a predominately Pakistan based.

So if the dharmic religions were born in Pakistan, your culture also belongs to us.....:pakistan:

theek hai yaar. i don't think it can ever dawn on you that what you're following is an arab export and not the indigenous culture. you are neither the owners nor the originators of the tradition you think you uphold.

persia has hardly got any impact even close to the dharmic religions. you just need to check the map.

^^^^^

What u r saying existed around a 100 years back.These things do not exist any longer.Most of urban women go to work in India.Even in the villages most women work in the farms and help in irrigation and cultivation of crops.

That was exactly my point exactly, regardless whether it is practiced or not or how many go through with it, specific cases cannot be taken as a generalization of one's culture. All generalizations are inherently flawed anyways. I chose that specific example to further demonstrate my argument, that is all.

As for the other posts on this topic, some of them seem to work around which is culturally superior and etc. Iran does not have a single unified culture nor does India but there are elements in both which one would recognize as distinctively been Iranian or being Indian for the latter. The remainder of the posts discuss the demographic and socio-economic mix, which is much to different to be compared. As to Iranians living of easy money, that statement is fundamentally flawed. The majority of Iranians work long hard hours and earn less than their effort. Iran was Iran before the oil was discovered, and Iran will be Iran long after the wells have dried up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom