Iranian women rebellion...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceylal

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Algeria
An unprecedented move. For thirty years, a woman in Iran is required to wear a veil since the 1979 Islamic revolution. Just as did their western counterpart with their bras burning, Iranian women removed their veil to show contempt to restrictive laws that govern every aspect of their lives..
slide_348824_3718569_free.jpg

slide_348824_3718565_free.jpg

slide_348824_3718560_free.jpg

slide_348824_3718561_free.jpg

slide_348824_3718562_free.jpg

slide_348824_3718585_free.jpg

slide_348824_3718563_free.jpg

Masih Alinejad is the woman behind this social media campaign.

Why it is necessary? Do you think a piece of cloth makes a women more secure...

Hijab exist in all religions include Christian Jewish and Islam.
In Iran many youth women do not wear their heads, they do it just in public.
Many Iranian youth women also have complete hijab and wear their heads completely.

Hijab exist in all religions include Christian Jewish and Islam.
In Iran many youth women do not wear their heads, they do it just in public.
Many Iranian youth women also have complete hijab and wear their heads completely.
I just wanted to show a side of the Iranian women fighting spirit for their rights. Algerian women do the same and ae fighting against the "family code" that made her a second rate citizen...So far the inroad that have made is unbelievable. In the last Bouteflika government, 8 of them were given the post of minister...

To go back to the veil, it has no religious connotation whatsoever until the wahabism came to play, it has to do more local culture. But now there is tendency by religious figure to impose it...

Iranian women are a strong force in Iran.Their voices are very strong and they cant really be silenced and controlled by authorities.
Imo a huge factor that will drive reform and more civil liberties in the long term, are the Iranian women.

Last edited:
I just wanted to show a side of the Iranian women fighting spirit for their rights. Algerian women do the same and ae fighting against the "family code" that made her a second rate citizen...So far the inroad that have made is unbelievable. In the last Bouteflika government, 8 of them were given the post of minister...

To go back to the veil, it has no religious connotation whatsoever until the wahabism came to play, it has to do more local culture. But now there is tendency by religious figure to impose it...
Its nothing new. Iranian women have been resisting the imposed hejab since the fall of the Shah.

Iranian men have failed the country big time. It's up to our women to save it.

For 30+ years they have been treated like animals b/c of an *** backward Islamic regime. It's shameful and disgusting that our OWN CITIZENS are treated like this.

Its nothing new. Iranian women have been resisting the imposed hejab since the fall of the Shah.
Not true.

In the beginning they did, but nothing since then. Apart from isolated events, the archaic hijab laws have never been allowed to be opposed directly.

If we're seeing such movements btw, it's b/c the regime allows it. They're just letting some steam out of the pressure cooker. Before long they will close the lid again and back to normal.

btw I love how Shiraz is representing big time! My hometown. People in Shiraz are some of the most liberal in all of Iran.

Not true.

In the beginning they did, but nothing since then. Apart from isolated events, the archaic hijab laws have never been allowed to be opposed directly.
They've been resisting in their own way, thats why you see so-called "bad hejab" all over Iran today unlike in the 1980s when it was all dark colored chadors.

Aren't they risking their lives? From one of my Iranian friends, I have seen some Facebook page that promotes a same kind of campaign about a year ago. It was named as something like "leaving veil is my right" or "unveiling is my right". However, people who posted pictures on that page didn't show their face unlike in this campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom