What's new

Iranian UAVs | News and Discussions

maybe i'm just stupid or blind, but s-171 really doesn't look as big as the rq-170 in any of the photos i have seen of it...
Well,Iran has built more versions with different size,but S-171 is same size as RQ_170..actually there are images where both are parked next to each other so you can clearly see...

Well,Iran has built more versions with different size,but S-171 is same size as RQ_170..actually there are images where both are parked next to each other so you can clearly see...
rq-170 has wingspan of 20m, simorgh to me looks smaller but maybe i need glasses apparently...

20m !!!

Cmon ...

My calculation says ~14m
Well that's were the 60% of size come from.

You see RQ-170 wing span is 20m but as it is swept back then probably if you connect a line between two wing tip it may be 14-15m

ingYes,
Well that's were the 60% of size come from.

You see RQ-170 wing span is 20m but as it is swept back then probably if you connect a line between two wing tip it may be 14-15m
Wingspan is closest distance between end of the wings..and closest distance between two points is always straight line...so it is not 2x size of wing.... 20m is exactly what you describe...line between two wing tip ..word itself is self-explanatory but still quite often mstaken for wing lenght..at picture above you can see wingspan taged and also under dimension there is aircraft lenght and span ..so yes actually it is 20m...

Last edited:
Well, MQ-1 has 15m wingspan..I found that most online open source analisys of rq-170 gives it 16 and 16.60m wingspan..now it is hard to say anything from images but it really seems 19.90m is too much....

So the version that launches off of a truck... how does it land ? why does it look like its grinding against the ground ? I don't know if this sounds stupid but is it scraping against the ground when it lands ? why does it looks like that ?

http://patrioty.org.ua/other/moskva...anskoho-udarnoho-bpla-stels-video-266499.html

10202612_ak_large.jpg

10202509_ak_large.jpg

------------

So now we have Shahed-161 too?!

We were already pioneer in stupid namings, now we have parallel naming too! Simorgh, Saegheh, Shahed, etc.

I really hate to get my information from some crappy second hand CAMrip videos, all because morons in IRGC think the whole Iran is gathered in Tehran.

So the version that launches off of a truck... how does it land ? why does it look like its grinding against the ground ? I don't know if this sounds stupid but is it scraping against the ground when it lands ? why does it looks like that ?
It has small landing skids that do not take up as much space when retracted and weight less than Tires on a traditional landing gears.

In this image you can see that its fitted with small retractable skids,the actual skid part looks like it can probably pivot up and down as well to help reduce the shock of impact.The big advantage is that these are very simple and compact,in addition because of the friction on the skids its basically self braking,so you dont need additional things like brakes that you would need with conventional wheeled landing gear.Its a very neat,practical and even elegant solution to the problem of very limited space.
The more I look at the jet powered scaled down version of the rq170,the more impressed I am with it.You can see where the iranians have taken the basic design and just run with it and done lots of very clever little things to turn this into a miniaturized 5th gen ucav,which is all the more impressive considering that,at least as far as I know,none of the big technologically impressive 5th gen ucavs tested by the west/china/russia have gone into service yet let alone actually gone into combat.If it had been the us or israel that had produced this impressive little ucav,then we would never hear the end of it and how advanced it was,or how effective it was in combat,but because its iranian it either gets ignored or rubbished,what blind fools....
When it comes to drone technology,thats one area where iran is right up there with the best of them especially now that with the revealing of irans application of sat com technology to its drones,that the one previous area where iran was lacking now appears to be covered at least to some extent.
10202509_ak_large.jpg

Range of Iran Air Force Drones to Rise to above 1,000 km
TEHRAN (Tasnim) – Commander of the Islamic Republic of Iran Air Force (IRIAF) unveiled plans to extend the range of military drones beyond 1,000 kilometers.
In an interview with Tasnim, Brigadier General Aziz Nasirzadeh said the Air Force has devised extensive plans for a boost to its drone power, including a rise in the range of the pilotless aircraft to above 1,000 kilometers.

He also noted that the Air Force drones will be equipped with electronic warfare equipment, bombs and air-to-ground missiles.

According to the commander, the Air Force is going to mount jet engines on some of the drones.

There are no plans to furnish the drones with interception and air defense equipment for now, he added.

On January 31, the Air Force unveiled the first homegrown pilotless wide-body jet, dubbed ‘Khodkar’ (automatic), equipped with a J-85 turbojet engine.

Iranian military technicians have in recent years made great headways in manufacturing a broad range of indigenous equipment, making the armed forces self-sufficient in the arms sphere.

Tehran has always assured other nations that its military might poses no threat to regional countries, saying that the Islamic Republic’s defense doctrine is entirely based on deterrence.

https://www.tasnimnews.com/en/news/...an-air-force-drones-to-rise-to-above-1-000-km

Back
Top Bottom