What's new

Iranian UAVs | News and Discussions

Please do not spam this thread with Iranian stuff. They are similar at best since most UAVs are similar, but honestly, the Chinese UAVs are way ahead and fully indepedent.

I'll reply to you here so we don't take that other thread of topic.

China has made good progress but don't make me laugh with these comments. Unlike China, Iran has had access to top UAV technology in forms of US drones and has used its drones drones now in multiple war fronts with good success. Can we say the same thing about China?

China's technology is mostly just claims and they're untested and frankly, given the bad reputation of the Chinese quality, I Would not make comments like China is "way ahead". Given Iran's relative small budget, frankly it is putting China to shame given how much its done in the UAV field with relative small budget compared to China with small much larger budget. Until Chinese UAV technology (and other technology for that matter) are actually tested, then you should really refrain from making such comments.

I'll reply to you here so we don't take that other thread of topic.

China has made good progress but don't make me laugh with these comments. Unlike China, Iran has had access to top UAV technology in forms of US drones and has used its drones drones now in multiple war fronts with good success. Can we say the same thing about China?

China's technology is mostly just claims and they're untested and frankly, given the bad reputation of the Chinese quality, I Would not make comments like China is "way ahead". Given Iran's relative small budget, frankly it is putting China to shame given how much its done in the UAV field with relative small budget compared to China with small much larger budget. Until Chinese UAV technology (and other technology for that matter) are actually tested, then you should really refrain from making such comments.

Honestly, I do not deny that, but to post a full list of Iranian reverse-engineered UAVS, which are all so much different to Chinese ones is not necessary.
I do not want to down rate any of the Iranian achievements, but to assume Iran helped to develop the plethora of operational Chinese ones by providing samples of the few downed remains is beyond any sense of reality.... also to put the Russian Okhotnik, the Chinese Flying wing UAVs into one basket and call them based on the P-175 is simply absurd.

Honestly, I do not deny that, but to post a full list of Iranian reverse-engineered UAVS, which are all so much different to Chinese ones is not necessary.
I do not want to down rate any of the Iranian achievements, but to assume Iran helped to develop the plethora of operational Chinese ones by providing samples of the few downed remains is beyond any sense of reality.... also to put the Russian Okhotnik, the Chinese Flying wing UAVs into one basket and call them based on the P-175 is simply absurd.

Mate, reverse engineering is a feat by itself. China does that lot too, there is nothing wrong with it. That's how a pragmatic defence industry would start in my opinion, especially if we need to improve fast.
And who knows if Iran gave some of it's captured US technology to China? If I was China, I would have been asking Iran for that tech. This is all about us doing what we can do improve fast. But you're right, it is absurd for anyone to claim China could not have made its UAV's without outside i.e Iran giving them US tech etc. China would develop regardless.

Chinas defense industry is on a whole other scale. Their UAV programs are so many and supported by so many other mature industries they have. Iran claims to have just mastered turbo machinery, something Chinese have mastered since some time.

It is Irans creativity in this field that is it's strength and it is supported by captured technologies. China goes established superpower paths but also have some creative novel approaches.

Mate, reverse engineering is a feat by itself. China does that lot too, there is nothing wrong with it. That's how a pragmatic defence industry would start in my opinion, especially if we need to improve fast.
And who knows if Iran gave some of it's captured US technology to China? If I was China, I would have been asking Iran for that tech. This is all about us doing what we can do improve fast. But you're right, it is absurd for anyone to claim China could not have made its UAV's without outside i.e Iran giving them US tech etc. China would develop regardless.

Again no offence, but even if they got some pieces, they are at lest a drop in the ocean of what China already has.
So claiming CHina should be happy for Iran's help and Iran is ahead is a day dream ...

Again no offence, but even if they got some pieces, they are at lest a drop in the ocean of what China already has.
So claiming CHina should be happy for Iran's help and Iran is ahead is a day dream ...

But those "pieces" would be years ahead of anything China had...
I did not say Iran is ahead. However, unlike China, Iran has had access to more advanced UAV technology which China would be a fool to not try and get...

If you honestly think China would not gain much from it then obviously you're just greatly overestimating China's uav's. China has some good uav's in development but lets not get carried away here.

Last edited:
Chinas defense industry is on a whole other scale. Their UAV programs are so many and supported by so many other mature industries they have. Iran claims to have just mastered turbo machinery, something Chinese have mastered since some time.

It is Irans creativity in this field that is it's strength and it is supported by captured technologies. China goes established superpower paths but also have some creative novel approaches.

China also steals, hacks, and coerces technology. Or else originality is not in their nature. The only UAV program I am impressed by is their Dark Sword unmanned fighter jet.

BTW China’s first flying wing UAV is just now hitting operational capacity.

001.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg 004.jpg 005.jpg 006.jpg 007.jpg

http://patrioty.org.ua/other/moskva...anskoho-udarnoho-bpla-stels-video-266499.html

10202612_ak_large.jpg

10202509_ak_large.jpg

------------

So now we have Shahed-161 too?!

We were already pioneer in stupid namings, now we have parallel naming too! Simorgh, Saegheh, Shahed, etc.

I really hate to get my information from some crappy second hand CAMrip videos, all because morons in IRGC think the whole Iran is gathered in Tehran.

http://patrioty.org.ua/other/moskva...anskoho-udarnoho-bpla-stels-video-266499.html

10202612_ak_large.jpg

10202509_ak_large.jpg

------------

So now we have Shahed-161 too?!

We were already pioneer in stupid namings, now we have parallel naming too! Simorgh, Saegheh, Shahed, etc.

I really hate to get my information from some crappy second hand CAMrip videos, all because morons in IRGC think the whole Iran is gathered in Tehran.

:lol: :tup:

yes shahed 161 was the first generation just a reconnaissance UAV.

2227846.jpg

shahed 191 was the second generation of UAVs, reconnaissance and attack 2 bombs

f5a9ec18-2f7f-42c6-bd72-139e3fb98c33.jpg

shahed 171 is an 1=1 model of RQ-170 UAV, reconnaissance and attack 4 bombs

%D8%A7%D9%81%D8%AA%D8%AA%D8%A7%D8%AD+%D9%86%D9%85%D8%A7%DB%8C%D8%B4%DA%AF%D8%A7%D9%87+%D8%A7%D9%82%D8%AA%D8%AF%D8%A7%D8%B1+%D9%A4%D9%A0.jpg

maybe i'm just stupid or blind, but s-171 really doesn't look as big as the rq-170 in any of the photos i have seen of it...

Back
Top Bottom