What's new

Iranian UAVs | News and Discussions

why they need a car to put this into air? they dont have a catapult?

Just guessing here but it could be just another optional platform to launch the UAV from. If there is no catapult present all you need is the jeep and a some empty space to launch from virtually anywhere. It's actually really efficient if you think about it.

Iranian tailless coaxial rotor drone:
بالگرد بدون دم

Though it's an old news, I missed it back then, but they showed it again recently.
the original project was awarded in a presidential scientific festival in 2011, then in 2013 received the first prize in another festival by IRGC industrial research center .
then Rouhani happened!

Inventor (اصغر صفری دوست) has specifically researched on helicopters, and has built a smart gearbox for helicopters as well.
At least now I know we aren't much away from a coaxial rotor helicopter.

Iranian tailless coaxial rotor drone:
بالگرد بدون دم

Though it's an old news, I missed it back then, but they showed it again recently.
the original project was awarded in a presidential scientific festival in 2011, then in 2013 received the first prize in another festival by IRGC industrial research center .
then Rouhani happened!

Inventor (اصغر صفری دوست) has specifically researched on helicopters, and has built a smart gearbox for helicopters as well.
At least now I know we aren't much away from a coaxial rotor helicopter.
Well let me tell you something, because of lack of investment or better say interest we are probably years away from that.
Just a look at our manned helicopter program speed tell you a lot .

Well let me tell you something, because of lack of investment or better say interest we are probably years away from that.
Just a look at our manned helicopter program speed tell you a lot .
bro army has the biggest helicopter fleet in the region let alone the IRGC. with current defence budget i dont think it's reasonable to pursue any thing bigger than R&D. the budget should go to the sectors that we are really vulnerable like AirForce.

bro army has the biggest helicopter fleet in the region let alone the IRGC. with current defence budget i dont think it's reasonable to pursue any thing bigger than R&D. the budget should go to the sectors that we are really vulnerable like AirForce.
One of them is this one , do you really think ground forces alone can stop enemy advancing armored forces ?

Lol largest helicopter fleet in the region is great propaganda.

It is made up of 1970’s hueys, cobras, and chinooks along with some more “modern” Russian Mi’s.

A terrorist with manpad could take out most of Iran’s current attack helicopters. Wholefully underpowered and dated.

One of them is this one , do you really think ground forces alone can stop enemy advancing armored forces ?
no i think with an air superior enemy investing in helicopter is the same as throwing money into trash bin. as i said we don't need any other helicopter in our fleet. we just have to upgrade them.

Lol largest helicopter fleet in the region is great propaganda.

It is made up of 1970’s hueys, cobras, and chinooks along with some more “modern” Russian Mi’s.

A terrorist with manpad could take out most of Iran’s current attack helicopters. Wholefully underpowered and dated.
manpads are not lollipop that you can easily find in any store in the neighborhood. actually it's funny that you guys are criticizing the only sector of our military that is nothing wrong with that.

They may had underestimated Iranian capability 2011 and RQ-170 was brought fully under control via hacking. But if even today their transmissions are still hacked by Iran, it either shows very high Iranian capability or they again neglected data-link encryption quality.
I wonder if the claim of a captured MQ-9 is connected to this. But that case would again mean that they didn't get their security to a suffcient level after the RQ-170 event...
However if the MQ-9 was captured, the compromised data-links could have helped to find a backdoor for another hack, at least of the ground transmission. Iranian SIGINT assets seem active in Iraq/Syria.

Wrong they didn't force it down otherwise we be losing hundreds of drones like that in an instant. They just got footage, something even the Iraqi insurgents were able to get easily. Still a concern because that shows the enemy where you are watching.

no i think with an air superior enemy investing in helicopter is the same as throwing money into trash bin. as i said we don't need any other helicopter in our fleet. we just have to upgrade them.

manpads are not lollipop that you can easily find in any store in the neighborhood. actually it's funny that you guys are criticizing the only sector of our military that is nothing wrong with that.

Hezbollah has manpads, Hamas has manpads, Houthis have manpads, Iraqi militias have manpads.

Iran’s helicopter fleet is useless against anything other than Kurdish insurgents. It would be wiped out in the first days of any war with the West.

If Iran is planning to go to war with a peer military power like Pakistan or Saudi Arabia then sure helicopters could eventually be used in some capacity. But against major powers like US or Israel they are gonna burn on the runways during the opening salvo of war.

Iran knows this, hence why there is not a deep effort to upgrade the helicopter fleet. It will likely be one of the last areas of modernization. Much more pressing needs.

Hezbollah has manpads, Hamas has manpads, Houthis have manpads, Iraqi militias have manpads.

Iran’s helicopter fleet is useless against anything other than Kurdish insurgents. It would be wiped out in the first days of any war with the West.

If Iran is planning to go to war with a peer military power like Pakistan or Saudi Arabia then sure helicopters could eventually be used in some capacity. But against major powers like US or Israel they are gonna burn on the runways during the opening salvo of war.

Iran knows this, hence why there is not a deep effort to upgrade the helicopter fleet. It will likely be one of the last areas of modernization. Much more pressing needs.

What if these helicopters have latest a2a missiles that either Iran, China, or Russia developed? The Iranians were doing many of the upgrades that they were conducting because perhaps they want to take advantage of the newer weapons with existing airframes

What if these helicopters have latest a2a missiles that either Iran, China, or Russia developed? The Iranians were doing many of the upgrades that they were conducting because perhaps they want to take advantage of the newer weapons with existing airframes
You can add short range a2a IR/heat seeker missiles without any problems and I think iran did this already but in practice you don't need a2a role for helicopters since helicopters are used in CAS and rescue missions
Wrong they didn't force it down otherwise we be losing hundreds of drones like that in an instant. They just got footage, something even the Iraqi insurgents were able to get easily. Still a concern because that shows the enemy where you are watching.
WTF you're talking about,they penetrate in command and control center and they gain full control over drones...they crash one in desert and they got all data flow..Considering what explanation I saw here from some members they don't have a clue what they talk about.This is far more worse than RQ-170 case,because Iran jam RQ-170 and land it but they succeed to decrypt data latter and they got only data stored on RQ-170..Now it is completly different case,because they didn't just jam only dron communication with satallite..instead they penetraded in to real time data flow and anyone who know anything about military knows that military use dedicated communication infrastucture,in case of US and NATO they have own dedicated satallite and ground network and completly automated system built on top of it...when it comes to US it is USCENTCOM and for NATO it is CENTCOM.There, all communication (classified and and even unclassified) data goes through US military communication infrastucture which,when it comes to security, implement something called COMSEC and it covers everything from transmission security,emission security,cryptographic implementation in every aspect and on every device and at the end physical security...Internet is nowhere even close to this,and there is no reason for it because they have own satallite and ground network..even if some devices are conected to internet these devices are not conected to system itself and even if someone want it is not posible because they have dedicated protocols and standards for all hardware.
They have account level access and modules/departments with public access or internet access are completly isolated...
COMSEC...it is in fact implementation or standard but it is commonly refered as COMSEC for US/NATO military infrastucture secure system(also for NSA and other US government org),because that is what it is in fact... USCENTCOM/CENTCOM has completly automated system/application developed for security management and it control everything from encryption,random frequency jumps,real time key updates... .Even fucking VHF radio for communication has encrypting device onboard.So,it is not just....there is nothing that goes over unsecure network when it comes to military communication..even unclassified communication goes over same infrastucture secured by COMSEC(as I said it is implementation but it is used as name for USCENTCOM/CENTCOM communication security layer).So,this is probably biggest blow when it comes to penetration because most expert belive this is posible on such scale only by manipulation on lowest level(hardware),US/NATO communication security implements real time key updates for encryption,frequency jumps and bunch of other things so it is imposible to penetrate all of that in real time..That is why this is so huge..it is one thing to decrypt data you obtain from local storage on some device or dron but to penetrate in to communication infrastucture...that is different thing,because only way to gain control and insight over data flow on such big teritory(two states) and 7-8 drones in real time is to penetrate directly in to command center...there is no way they could sync 7-8 local units in same time over two large states,once again in RQ-170 case they succeed to decrypt local stored data.......Ofcourse some people think it is same as you "move mouse on one PC and pointer move on other"..they don't know how to describe RDP and yet they are experts for military infrastucture..but it is nothing like that because USCENTCOM use own satallites for global communication and they integrate own dedicated ground network over regional hubs...and as I said all of that is secured with COMSEC implementation....
You didn't lost 100 drones because CENTCOM comunication system is designed as modular and layered(as all big systems) so access to one part doesn't mean you can access global or regional communication but problem is same aproach can be used again somewhere else if not discovered and fixed

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom