What's new

Iranian UAVs | News and Discussions

It will always make more economical sense to produce it domestically.
Because in the long term it is cheaper as money spent circulates domestically.
Only reason to import what can be produced domestically if domestic production isn't of sufficient quantity.

This last one is very interesting,possibly indicating an iranian reverse/reengineering effort for the 912/914 rotax engines.
Oh damn, I figured those were somehow imported in.

If they've infact completed this contract (I don't see why not), then the 912/914 is produced in house. Seeing as this contract is in 2018, we can assume some of the Mohajer wreckages we have seen that use Rotax engines, and still have Rotax labelling on them are probably part of a batch of imported engines. So we may see a combination of imported Rotax engines in older production batches of MALE Uavs and Iranian versions in the new batches.

If they've infact completed this contract (I don't see why not), then the 912/914 is produced in house. Seeing as this contract is in 2018, we can assume some of the Mohajer wreckages we have seen that use Rotax engines, and still have Rotax labelling on them are probably part of a batch of imported engines. So we may see a combination of imported Rotax engines in older production batches of MALE Uavs and Iranian versions in the new batches.

Can we assume increased production yields then for SHAHED-136 if the engines are also produced in-house?

Iran started out importing them, then began reverse engineering them, then during the later half of the Yemen war, Qatar allegedly bought large shipments of the German Rotax & handed them to Iran. So that explains it.

Last edited:
What's wrong of using these things to deplete stocks of ammunition?

They could even make big gliding paper planes without engines and release them from high altitude, even a single bullet shot from a Gepard would be a loss of money and ammunition for them

You guys are always in that same western-public-like mentality where everything should be perfect looking with top tier technology to look "good" and boast about it

Reality is that these same people mocked Iranian drones and missiles for decades until just one of them was launched and hit a highly protected asset without any problem and cause trouble for Ukraine by what they called "Hobby drones from Aliexpress that anyone can make and jam them with Aliexpress jammers", and those fancy US 200m$ drone got shot down by what they called a "cheap BUK copy"

Also in complete contravention of any international laws, they seem so desperate that the sanctions are bypassed that they resort to violating international laws and tarnish their image for the sake of some oil barrel that Iran will resell with ease in days.

Also the US doesn't respect its own "laws", they put IRGC in the same terrorist list as ISIS, yet, IRGCN and the USN meets a lot of time in the international waters, why the US warships and defenses aren't shooting at what they describe a terrorist group attacking our interests in the world?

This reminds me when they advocated to shut down ballistic missiles of Iran while Iran would be testing them "using naval based patriots and THAAD from Saudi Arabia" This didn't aged well
Americans don't break the maritime laws, they threaten/bribe the ship's staff to deliver the oil to them, that's why Iran makes legal excuses for seizing their ships.

I wasn't laughing at the Russians, I was laughing at the fact that they're using something so rudimentary to deplete Ukraine's air defenses. This one just came out as well. No warhead.

What's wrong of using these things to deplete stocks of ammunition?

They could even make big gliding paper planes without engines and release them from high altitude, even a single bullet shot from a Gepard would be a loss of money and ammunition for them

You guys are always in that same western-public-like mentality where everything should be perfect looking with top tier technology to look "good" and boast about it

Reality is that these same people mocked Iranian drones and missiles for decades until just one of them was launched and hit a highly protected asset without any problem and cause trouble for Ukraine by what they called "Hobby drones from Aliexpress that anyone can make and jam them with Aliexpress jammers", and those fancy US 200m$ drone got shot down by what they called a "cheap BUK copy"

Last night the Russians allegedly destroyed a massive quantity of ammunition, fuel & S-300 missiles

Ukrainians also retaliated by wrecking a power line & derailing a train near the border

I wasn't laughing at the Russians, I was laughing at the fact that they're using something so rudimentary to deplete Ukraine's air defenses. This one just came out as well.

Last edited:
I always wondered how they launched them. Like I thought, from the ground, one at a time.

Just a good old standard iranian launch rail,not really surprising.
FpuNFJhWcAMCv6z.jpg:large

According to reports, Ukraine shot down one of their own Bayraktar drones over Kiev. Ukraine ended up admitting it, so there's no doubt about it now.

A shot a moment before a Ukrainian anti-aircraft missile hits its own Bayraktar TB2 UAV in the sky over Kiev.

1683270211415.png

On the drone shot down in Kyiv, the characteristic Bayraktar TB2 four suspension points for armament and three propeller blades are clearly visible.

1683270276473.png

Tweet made before Ukraine came out and admitted their mistake. Video shows a good angle of the shot.

Another Russian decoy shot down in the Sumi region of Ukraine. Just imagine if a $3 million dollar Patriot missile is used to shoot something like this down. Decoys / deception should be an integral part of any modern, successful military strategy. The military can even hand over specifications for decoy tanks/drones/etc to civilians who can then build them in their spare time & hand them to the military.

1683270466607.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom