What's new

Iranian UAVs | News and Discussions

Russia does stand to gain more if they cave into Western demands and backstab Iran, given the massive amounts of sanctions their country has been placed under: although it should be noted that they might now be banking on BRICS becoming a viable alternative (far fetched). I personally am very cautious about the prospect. Just doesn’t seem possible in the near term. Dollar is still too strong.

This is an unfounded worry, if I may. See, the war in Ukraine achieved to ruin the relationship between the west and Russia deeply and for good. Even after the conflict, there will be no return to the status quo ante as openly declared by western officials. So the notion that Moscow would ditch Iran for sanctions relief will be a far fetched one for the foreseeable future.

At this point Iran is no longer a factor in Russia's calculations in this regard, they are de facto at a hot proxy war with NATO right across their own national borders, and consequences will be lasting well into the advent of the multipolar order.

Last edited:
This is an unfounded worry, if I may. See, the war in Ukraine achieved to ruin the relationship between the west and Russia deeply and for good. Even after the conflict, there will be no return to the status quo ante as openly declared by western officials. So the notion that Moscow would ditch Iran for sanctions relief will be a far fetched one for the foreseeable future.

At this point Iran is no longer a factor in Russia's calculations in this regard, they are de facto at a hot proxy war with NATO, and consequences will be lasting well into the advent of the multipolar order.

I’m hoping this is firmly the case Salar-jan. Russia can’t trust the West in any capacity. Iran will be worth the investment for them and vice versa if things “work out”.

Perhaps I’m far too critical for my own good sometimes.

I’m hoping this is firmly the case Salar-jan. Russia can’t trust the West in any capacity. Iran will be worth the investment for them and vice versa if things “work out”.

It is possible that Russia would 'betray' Iran to achieve better relations with Europe. But I think it is less likely that Europe would accept that. Generally, Europeans care more about Russia than Iran these days. Whereas the US remains controlled by powerful Zionist individuals and lobbyists with an obsession towards Iran, and that won't change.

Me hope that time is over…
You and me both.:enjoy:
However I think that theres good reason to be cautiously optimistic,as I honestly think that at this point the chances of western-russian relations ever returning to what they were during the pre ukraine war era is frankly even slimmer that the chances of western-iranian relations returning to what they were even during the [pre trump] jcpoa era.
Once again the wests own,on occasion,baffling stupidity and seeming penchant for often preferring to make the bad,or worse choice,has been irans ally.
Both nations now have very strong political,and also economic,mutual reasons to work together,In addition the relationship now is one far that is far closer to that of peers,rather than one where,as was previously,iran was obviously the junior partner.

Two Shahed-136 drones hit Ukrainian army base (yesterday). The second one comes in the end.

Shahed-136 hits Ukraine BUK SAM

Zaporizhia Oblast, yesterday. Listen

Lancet loitering munition destroyed 3 Ukraine S-300 batteries today in Kherson region

Honestly too many videos to post here. Russia seems to have found its niche with Shaheds, Lancets & FAB-500 GPD guided, gliding bombs. Similar to the American J-DAM, the FAB-500 is a dumb bomb, modernized with a conversion kit, turning it into a GPS guided glide bomb that can be launched from 70 KM away.

The FAB-500 has a 500 KG or 1100 LBS payload. Allegedly Russia has thousands of them and are hitting Ukraine with around 20 a day. Russia also has FAB-1000, 1500 & 2000 bombs. BTW one SU-25 can carry two FAB-500's

At the same time, the US seems to have cancelled orders for Switchblade loitering munitions. Judging from the lack of video evidence, they seem to be ineffective or overpriced ? Who knows.

Last edited:
It gets worse. This German made Gepard was supposed to guard the S-300s from Russian kamikaze drones in the Kherson area. It got struck by a Lancet.

Today Ukraine lost three S-300 batteries, German Gepard, 1 BUK SAM, several M777s, Shaheds destroyed several army bases & A Kaliber struck a high level meeting between NATO officers & Ukrainian officers. Extremely devastating for Ukraine.

The aftermath of a Russian airstrike on a Ukrainian military target

Last edited:

In theory, the bilateral relationship may always experience ups and downs for different reasons, however Russian attempts to trade ties with Iran for economic benefits by the west are no longer part of the equation. So if some downturn were to take place, it wouldn't be due to that.

Reality however is that we've been witnessing a steady and gradual rapprochement of strategic relevance between Iran and Russia over the past years, and plans to expand the cooperation in numerous additional areas are being implemented as we speak.

Actually it would seem safe to say that Iran-Russia ties have never been as solid and mutually constructive as they are now, I at least know of no comparable period in history.

Last edited:
It gets worse. This German made Gepard was supposed to guard the S-300s from Russian kamikaze drones in the Kherson area. It got struck by a Lancet.

The gepard was not active. Maybe there even wasnt any personal in it. This is when gepard is active. The antenna is up and guns are in firepositions
Gepard_1a2_overview_noBG.jpg

The gepard was not active. Maybe there even wasnt any personal in it. This is when gepard is active. The antenna is up and guns are in firepositions
View attachment 926747
UKis do not know how to use sophisticated Western systems ..Reminds me of Saudis.. Stupid operators make a bad reputation for capable systems.

UKis do not know how to use sophisticated Western systems ..Reminds me of Saudis.. Stupid operators make a bad reputation for capable systems.
Stationary, off and in open, it means unexpected failure, maybe hit a mine.

We did not cover ourselves with glory in using Tor-M1

Saudis faced dozens of cruise missiles, drones and ballistic missile attacks weekly for months on end. If we are objective, overall their AD performance was fantastic

The Ukrainian tankers have only received 5 weeks of training for Leopard 2 / Challenger 2 tanks. It usually takes 3-6 months.

We did not cover ourselves with glory in using Tor-M1

Saudis faced dozens of cruise missiles, drones and ballistic missile attacks weekly for months on end. If we are objective, overall their AD performance was fantastic
They got better over time. I'm pretty sure they also had American personnel on the ground.

Back
Top Bottom