What's new

Iranian UAVs | News and Discussions

Pity about the watermark....
media%2FFpl_6ltXEAEusEe.jpg

media%2FFpl_6iOWYAMx4xk.jpg

I must admit tho`,it really is a gorgeous looking set up,from the compact launcher to the tiny little rato booster,right up to the drone itself,it is one very impressive piece of work.
And just as impressively,unlike its foreign [chinese,taiwanese,turkish,etc..] counterparts,its not simply a copy of the israeli harpy.

Last edited:
Ghaher to be revealed as UCAV ‘middle of next year’. Systems are complete. Currently customizing to meet the requirements of two branches of the armed forces:

Should've done this from the beginning, they wouldn't have been made fun of so badly. Iran has a serious UAV industry that can rical major power, I don't know why they chose to pull such a stunt.

Should've done this from the beginning, they wouldn't have been made fun of so badly. Iran has a serious UAV industry that can rical major power, I don't know why they chose to pull such a stunt.
They unveiled a mockup which was taken rather literally. The mockup should've been of actual desired size rather than a smaller scale mockup, which was their mistake, and this is interpreted as a final design somehow. I would say, they have been much more careful with regard to this kind of unveiling, these days I only recall the unveiling of finish products, they no longer unveil mockups or "work in progress" items.

At the end, the finished product could look very different then what was initially shown when the details are sorted so we will wait and see.

They unveiled a mockup which was taken rather literally. The mockup should've been of actual desired size rather than a smaller scale mockup, which was their mistake, and this is interpreted as a final design somehow. I would say, they have been much more careful with regard to this kind of unveiling, these days I only recall the unveiling of finish products, they no longer unveil mockups or "work in progress" items.

At the end, the finished product could look very different then what was initially shown when the details are sorted so we will wait and see.
I dispute the smaller scale mockup claim.

They literally had a pilot sitting in the fighter.

That was full size, and subsequent pictures and videos after the initial reveal didn't change the dimensions at all.

The real achievement would be to master a turboprop engine.

Turboprops are more efficient, more powerful and silent than any piston engine. Mastering a turboprop would give IRGC and IRIAF a whole starting point for further projects. From trainers to cargo planes, and bigger and longer ranged stealth drones.

From those videos I can´t see a really turboprop engine, but the exhaust nozzle are very similar to those turboprops engines from Pilatus Pc9 or Tucano, and that fact was one of the first statements done by IRGC officers when Gaza was announced.

Hope they achieved this milestone and wish IRGC a long family of drones and other projects in future!.

Let’s speculate a bit.

If Qaher kept its original (unusual) wing configuration then I suppose it will essentially be a ground-effect UCAV with a primary air-to-ground/anti-ship role. I could imagine following variants:
  • air-to-ground variant (IRGC-ASF/IRIAF)
  • anti-ship variant (IRGC-N)
  • drone carrier-based variant (IRGC-N)

Remember this footage of Shahed-191 UCAVs flying in formation, possibly AI-assisted? Call me crazy but I wouldn’t be surprised if such technology was incorporated into Qaher UCAVs aswell. It would atleast make sense for Iran to pursue low-observable, low-flying (ground-effect) and autonomous UCAVs that are capable of acquiring and engaging targets on their own, especially in an anti-ship context. There are of course many open questions about the engines being used and sensor/AI capabilites. Or maybe I’m just totally off-base lol.

Back
Top Bottom