What's new

Iranian UAVs | News and Discussions

This is veeeery cool.8-)
From the looks of it the warhead was tailored specifically to fit russian needs,ie wrecking certain types of infrastructure.
Very impressive,big thumbs up iran.:enjoy:
media%2FFohupJFXEAASJj1.jpg

In addition to the main shaped charge,you also have a further 18 smaller ones around the circumference.
media%2FFohu39-XEAAF0CX.jpg
Plus added fragmentation as well.
For anyone who curious heres what the original warhead looked like
media%2FFoiV-hgXgAECc8T.png

Only a single large forward facing shaped charge/efp,with the rest being fragmentation elements.

This new one is clearly a much more destructive multipurpose warhead with its multiple side mounted efps.These could be improved further through the use of different materials for the efps,such as depleted uranium or tantalum.
media%2FFoiV-hgXwAAqgtw.jpg

Iran becoming global drone producer on back of Ukraine war, says US

Nothing makes an industry grow like a customer with large demands.

Added Jobs, expansion of current facilities, technology sharing. Sat photos showed expansion of facilities late last year.

Naturally, the public nature of this claim is mainly to add international pressure. No one needs to say this out loud. No doubt, this conflict is promoting changes and development of new systems & improvement of existing systems to deal with anti-UAS systems, and current gen AD used in Ukraine.

Russian MoD should have a good idea of their success rate from post-damage assessments from satellite images. For anyone wondering, the Shahed-131 was actually first seen back in 2015 if I recall correctly at a military expo lurking somewhere in the background. It did not capture any attention durign the time, and was first used in 2019. This tech is very old for Iran. I wait to see some of their latest goodies.

Last edited:
Nothing makes an industry grow like a customer with large demands.

Added Jobs, expansion of current facilities, technology sharing. Sat photos showed expansion of facilities late last year.

Naturally, the public nature of this claim is mainly to add international pressure. No one needs to say this out loud. No doubt, this conflict is promoting changes and development of new systems & improvement of existing systems to deal with anti-UAS systems, and current gen AD used in Ukraine.

Russian MoD should have a good idea of their success rate from post-damage assessments from satellite images. For anyone wondering, the Shahed-131 was actually first seen back in 2015 if I recall correctly at a military expo lurking somewhere in the background. It did not capture any attention durign the time, and was first used in 2019. This tech is very old for Iran. I wait to see some of their latest goodies.
Old picture from 2014, showing the Shahed-131 & 136 engines (Used for other UAV's as well)

572983_628.jpg

Small details that are overlooked usually. With the UAV industry much more mature in the past, every picture and detail should be looked at. Theirs a reason we see them. Hidden gems exist everywhere in these kind of expo's.

@Nevsky

Recently, I've noticed the sound of the engines used in S-131 and 136 which sound very alike, has changed in recent videos last few times.

The acoustics of this sound is very different from what we are accustomed to. Changed engine? New system?

I can't pinpoint if I've heard this sound from previous UAS systems. It honestly sounds alot like what a Mohajer-6 and other UCAVs would sound like, with its larger prop engine. Sounds almost like WW2 fighters planes. Any ideas?

2560px-Spitfire_-_Season_Premiere_Airshow_2018_%28cropped%29.jpg

@Nevsky

Recently, I've noticed the sound of the engines used in S-131 and 136 which sound very alike, has changed in recent videos last few times.

The acoustics of this sound is very different from what we are accustomed to. Changed engine? New system?

I can't pinpoint if I've heard this sound from previous UAS systems. It honestly sounds alot like what a Mohajer-6 and other UCAVs would sound like, with its larger prop engine. Sounds almost like WW2 fighters planes. Any ideas?

2560px-Spitfire_-_Season_Premiere_Airshow_2018_%28cropped%29.jpg
It sounds deeper, so maybe greater blades

No idea tbh, but they definitely sounding similar to some WW2 planes. This one for example.

Back
Top Bottom