What's new

Iranian UAVs | News and Discussions

Frankly, given all the UAV talk in this thread, the subject of communication technology and variations is sparse. Seems critical to me. Am I missing something?
I frequently do wonder how robust the communications link is between the drones and ground station and if the opponents might have some sort of of ace to disrupt the communications in a war...

Good article of 3 types of verticle take off UAVs from Iran:

https://www.tasnimnews.com/fa/news/1401/04/25/2743705/هما-جدیدترین-پهپاد-عمود-پرواز-نیروی-دریایی-ارتش

Frankly, given all the UAV talk in this thread, the subject of communication technology and variations is sparse. Seems critical to me. Am I missing something?

I frequently do wonder how robust the communications link is between the drones and ground station and if the opponents might have some sort of of ace to disrupt the communications in a war...

Sure Iran wont show its encryption capability and hardware. I would do it neither. But jamming is always possible if one knows in what range it has to jam. So me think there are backup connections in different frequencies so jamming cant take out all at once.

3546306.jpg

What became of Sejjil UCAV ?

It was supposed to have two tubrojet/Turbofans and could fly transonic.

If armed with FLIR and two Fattar all aspect weapons, could have been perfect future A2A wingman

1658013652828.png

What became of Sejjil UCAV ?

It was supposed to have two tubrojet/Turbofans and could fly transonic.

If armed with FLIR and two Fattar all aspect weapons, could have been perfect future A2A wingman

View attachment 862518
The serial production of jahesh has to mature to the level of the toloue family before they can be useful for anything. Right now, I'm sure (I hope) prototypes are being tested in numerous ways to determine their hours and reliability and consistency with quality of the blades and other things, etc.
Also the airframe is a new design so it will take much longer to get that going (like sofre mahi) than the rq 170 that landed into their hand fully intact and allowed the bypassing of decades of research that sejjil and sofre mahi might require.

Russian delegations have visited Iran atleast twice in the last month where they were shown Shahed-191 and Shahed-129 drones.

In a contested airspace like Ukraine, wouldn't the Russians be better off with the same type of kamikaze drones (Qasef-2k / Ababil 2) that were given to Yemen ? or maybe Mohajer-6 for airspace saturation ?

I just don't see Iran providing Russia with hundreds of Shahed-191 or 129 drones in such a short period of time. Would Iran even want to export the 191 ?

Back
Top Bottom