What's new

Iranian UAVs | News and Discussions

probably yes , also it can probably be used as a suicide drone against main radar of the enemy ships.
Why bother with a suicide drone if you already have the cruise missile configuration? Seems like a downgrade.

Why bother with a suicide drone if you already have the cruise missile configuration? Seems like a downgrade.
simple , different flight profile , diversify the object , radars never mistake cruise missile for birds , a slow suicide drone is something else . also the drone is a loitering ammunition a cruise missile no . the cruise missile you must find the target first ,that is not the case about drones

simple , different flight profile , diversify the object , radars never mistake cruise missile for birds , a slow suicide drone is something else . also the drone is a loitering ammunition a cruise missile no . the cruise missile you must find the target first ,that is not the case about drones
True,

Something very slim, and low RCS should be the main focus of the design, compared to a large burning CM.

How would you guys rate S-129 with MH6.

MH6 seems better to me to be honest. What are the key differences.

MI 6 conveyed to the ukranian authorities shaheed uavs are allready in Russia, allegedly delivered via the Caspian sea
Saw a couple videos recently that looked alot like drone strike videos observed from a recon drone. Although I suppose Krasnopol rounds could also do it.

How would you guys rate S-129 with MH6.

MH6 seems better to me to be honest. What are the key differences.

Saw a couple videos recently that looked alot like drone strike videos observed from a recon drone. Although I suppose Krasnopol rounds could also do it.
Shahed -129 have better optic , theoretically can carry twice as much , can fly above 7km so its better protected against manpads and it can stay twice as much. also it's newer generation are equipped with sat-com which may be useful for countries like Russia

Shahed -129 have better optic
Does it?

The videos seen from MH6 look alot clearer than the S-129 videos from Syria, unless they've upgraded the optics to similar or better versions to the MH6.

I need to re-evaluate the technicals again.. I thought they were very similar in every way.

Does it?

The videos seen from MH6 look alot clearer than the S-129 videos from Syria, unless they've upgraded the optics to similar or better versions to the MH6.

I need to re-evaluate the technicals again.. I thought they were very similar in every way.
distance and altitude

distance and altitude
Is their a way you can tell the approximate distance is it looking at something if the optics says it is a 18x view.

For example, how far would this target be with the 18x camera?

This is from an MH6.
1658706392508.png

Is their a way you can tell the approximate distance is it looking at something if the optics says it is a 18x view.

For example, how far would this target be with the 18x camera?

This is from an MH6.
View attachment 865012
No only zoom is shown , but Shahed-129 USE Ogab-6 as electrooptic device , Mohajer-6 uses its smaller brother Oghab-4 which only weigh something around 18-19kg

its Oghab-6
004950111.JPG

this is Oghab-4
MJso-Bo9wgo7g.jpg

The E/O you see beside Shahed in this picture is the one that were used in the first generation of Shahed-129
004950112.JPG

Back
Top Bottom