What's new

Iranian UAVs | News and Discussions

Iran isnt interested in "learning" about branding in military equipment and technology - Iran cares about effectiveness and cost mainly.

After all the "branding" of TB2, their wholesale destruction in Ukraine will destroy any "branding" value TB2 built uip all this while.

Reality > stories.
Are you a bot? Repeating the same lie over and over again?

In Ethiopia, the Bayraktar TB2, Mohajer and Chinese Wing Loong drone were all active. Based on the reports that I've read, it was the entry of Bayraktar TB2 that turned the tide to the Ethiopian government's favor.

ok thanks, but if i remember correctly didnt US/NATO pressure Turkey to stop providing armaments or/and more TB2s to Ethiopia?? because Ethiopia accepted Iranian weapons after deliveries from other countries stopped.

You see, no military equipment is worth it if it doesnt come at the rigth time , the right quantity, the right configuration, for the right conflict. Iran is always reliable no matter what.

Are you a bot? Repeating the same lie over and over again?
whats the lie i'm repeating?

Kaman 12 pre-production model during early flight testing
FNduSxCXIAAYA8V

The point is that What TB2 could do with Armenia , M6 could do as well , and against a foe like Russia or countries with tiered AD ( like Persian Gulf nations ) , the drones in class of M6 and TB2 have limit usage ... ( unless you use them in mass number to empty thei AD missile stockpile in short period of time then M6 is better )

so , TB2 being better than M6 while costing 5-10 times higher price is irrelevant because end of day , they can't target high value assets of enemy against competent adversary ..

Ukraine bought 50 TB2 drones which cost of 1 million $ per unit , I'm sure if Ukrainians could travel back to past in time , they would prefer to buy 250-500 M6 ( 100k or 200k per unit ) with 50 Million $ instead of 50 Tb2 ...

although , I'm admiring the Ottomans propaganda machine for their great marketing campaign of TB2 ...
Pretty sure TB2 is 5 million USD per unit

The TB-2 was literally made with the mindset of being expendable and mass produced. Its unit price is at around 2 Million USD domestically and 4-5 million export price tag. That's mindbogglingly cheap for drones, especially for the all the capabilities and systems the TB-2 comes with. Its the reason why so many countries buy it and why its so widely effectively used. The most recent production line photographs indicate that the production of TB-2 has exceeded the 300 number mark and roughly half of this number is in the use of the varying branches of Turkish armed forces and institutions(forest fire prevention among others). The Mohajer-6 was no doubt made with the same mindset and role in mind as the TB-2, but from what little I know of your Oghab flir series it means they are fundamentally bottle-necked in their capabilities and usage. The M-6 for example would probably need to fly much lower to strike their target, which means its more susceptible to being shot down. My point was not to trash the M-6, its probably made as a workhorse for IRIAF/IRGC but there are definitely differences is my point.

That statement has been redacted by Reuters and the Ukrainian ambassador has denied making these accusations. To put it bluntly it was a translation error. We have not bought stolen grain at all.
Based on what do you say Oghab-10 is not good?

Your friend above argues that the sole reason for the TB-2's export success is NATO involvement. It's his own paradox, not mine, that he doesn't create a similar fiction about Tajikistan and Yemeni Houthis with this logic. (That's how low the level of the discussion is)

As of Baykar's production: Number of TB-2 production is around 300, the number of systems sent to Ukraine is 24, and a total of 25 with the system to be gifted by Lithuania. You can check with open sources how many and which country has in its inventory. You have the chance to compare the production numbers with the tail numbers or fuselages on production, as updated photos are published about the Baykar Tech production line almost every week.

It is not even funny that Russia claims to have shot down 90 TB-2s, it is nothing more than an example of an obsession and counter-propaganda against a Tactical UAV that rape on Russian air defense systems on 3 different continents. You are in psychology in the message number 2 I wrote above.

After the photograph of a TB-2 that crashed in Libya, being transported to different points with a pickup, was proven by open intelligence channels, a similar propaganda activity in Ukraine was revealed with evidence last month. The Ukraine-Russia war title contains proofs on this subject. In short, put aside even the claims that the Russian authorities could never prove, they make false claims from time to time, even with evidenced crashed planes.

Tb-2, as any other tactical armed systems, eliminates the necessity of conducting piloted CAS to risky areas. It does this job very well and now has thousands of proven successful engagements. The material value of the systems it destroys is moving towards 10 billion dollars. The TB-2 is a simple tactical system. It should work with a correct doctrine with many other elements within the concept of the operation. Of course, this vehicle can fall, be hit. The important thing here is that even in just 1 successful sortie, this system causes the enemy lose more than it costs and also personel loss.

It has been shared many times in this forum that the image you shared above is not valid. The subsystems written in the poster that emerged during the psyop activities in this Karabakh war are not included in TB-2. In fact, you were given the answer directly to this.

I'm sure you're far from concepts like off-the-shelf product use, dual-use products in military systems. The industry giant of the world is China. Even their UAVs that crashed in Yemen had a rotax engine. It is not a necessity for China to use Rotax on these planes, it was about the use of the product on the shelf. But, by your logic, the Iranian defense industry is incapable of suplly even a GPS, it uses $35 Garmin GPS in the current attack helicopters used by its army and even in MALE UAVs. Which would be a completely ridiculous idea. Bu I accept that they create a nice contrast with the plastic pochettes to cover the IIR of the anti-tank munitions carried by these drones or helicopters, which I noticed in the same photos.

FUGsHvRXsAEbSg5
FUGrXx2WIAMYaat

This thread is dedicated to IRAN UAV studies and let check out what we talked about. In the other 3 posts I wrote above, I don't have the slightest attack or grudge against these ongoing developments in Iran. On the contrary, I see these developments positively for our region and always convey my best wishes.

At first I had the idea that what you did was a lack of knowledge or misinformation. Now I understand that you have a different motivation on almost every issue related to Turkiye or us. In the UAV title, the situation has turned into a tragicomedy, enough to speak about wheat export of Russia. The irony of course is that you discredit the intruments you hold for this in other titles when the subject is Iran... From now on, for me, every news that the western media makes about Iran is more credible and true than the Iranian media. Because you accept it too.
Garmin GPS are perfectly fine, and they are only used as secondary systems

The claims of Russia reusing wreckages were blatantly fake and pure cope

Hope that guy is only a journalist, not an engineer....
Afaik that's the absolute chad who revived Iran's Mirage F1s

Last edited:
Are we reverse engineering RQ4 Global Hawk ?

View attachment 859728
That is a very good question,one that no one seems to have come up with a satisfactory answer for as yet.
Offhand,the only other possibility that really comes to mind,owing to the large tail fins,would be a WIG/Ekranoplan type vehicle.

That is a very good question,one that no one seems to have come up with a satisfactory answer for as yet.
Offhand,the only other possibility that really comes to mind,owing to the large tail fins,would be a WIG/Ekranoplan type vehicle.

The angle between the V tails is smaller than the RQ-4 but the baseline structure underneath the cloth is very similar other than the absence of engine obviously. I say its a reverse engineering but like Shahed wings it will be modified.

If they do it, hope they put an OWJ turbojet in it to create a credible Heavy attack MALE UCAV and a future Wingmen.

1657217563805.png

1657217537429.png

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom