What's new

Iranian UAVs | News and Discussions

What are you talking about ? Ukraine ordered something like 50 around 2020. They obviously received them in time for the conflict. There were even rumors that at the outbreak of the war the Ukrainians ordered more.

Most analysts agree that most if not all of them have been shot down by now. It was a huge waste of money for Ukraine and Zelensky admitted it. Hype is one thing, reality is another matter all together.

Against micro states like Armenia or warlords, Libyan rebels, ethnic groups, militias, yeah they're great, However even in Libya 20 were shot down by Pantsirs. Anyways, against a peer level adversary, they're very likely to be destroyed, which is why using loitering munitions / suicide drones is probably a better idea. Never mind against Russia who arguably have the most potent air defense network in the world,

Your friend above argues that the sole reason for the TB-2's export success is NATO involvement. It's his own paradox, not mine, that he doesn't create a similar fiction about Tajikistan and Yemeni Houthis with this logic. (That's how low the level of the discussion is)

As of Baykar's production: Number of TB-2 production is around 300, the number of systems sent to Ukraine is 24, and a total of 25 with the system to be gifted by Lithuania. You can check with open sources how many a country has in its inventory.

It is not even funny that Russia claims to have shot down 90 TB-2s, it is nothing more than an example of an obsession and counter-propaganda against a Tactical UAV that raped on Russian air defense systems on 3 different continents. You are in psychology in the message number 2 I wrote above.

I dont know if any of you remember but, Wagner mercenaries in favor of the putschists in Libya tried to make propaganda by loading the TB-2 wreckage into a pickup truck and photographing it in different places.

Now same thing again.

If the Russians had been as diligent on the battlefield as they were in propaganda works as like, their current situation would have been much better than they are now.

After the photograph of a TB-2 that crashed in Libya, being transported to different points with a pickup, was proven by open intelligence channels, a similar propaganda activity in Ukraine was revealed with evidence last month. The Ukraine-Russia war title contains proofs on this subject. In short, put aside even the claims that the Russian authorities could never prove, they make false claims from time to time, even with evidenced crashed planes.

Tb-2, as any other tactical armed systems, eliminates the necessity of conducting piloted CAS to risky areas. It does this job very well and now has thousands of proven successful engagements. The material value of the systems it destroys is moving towards 10 billion dollars. The TB-2 is a simple tactical system. It should work with a correct doctrine with many other elements within the concept of the operation. Of course, this vehicle can fall, be hit. But to put forward unprovable and often proven false claims as an argument is very light countering when there is such clear evidence on the other side.

It has been shared many times in this forum that the image you shared above is not valid. The subsystems written in the poster that emerged during the psyop activities in this Karabakh war are not included in TB-2. In fact, you were given the answer directly to this.

I'm sure you're far from concepts like off-the-shelf product use, dual-use products in military systems. The industry giant of the world is China. Even their UAVs that crashed in Yemen had a rotax engine. It is not a necessity for China to use Rotax on these planes, it was about the use of the product on the shelf. But, by your logic, the Iranian defense industry is incapable of suplly even a GPS, it uses $35 Garmin GPS in the current attack helicopters used by its army and even in MALE UAVs. Which would be a completely ridiculous idea. Bu I accept that they create a nice contrast with the plastic pochettes to cover the IIR of the anti-tank munitions carried by these drones or helicopters, which I noticed in the same photos.

FUGsHvRXsAEbSg5
FUGrXx2WIAMYaat

This thread is dedicated to IRAN UAV studies and let check out what we talked about. In the other 3 posts I wrote above, I don't have the slightest attack or grudge against these ongoing developments in Iran. On the contrary, I see these developments positively for our region and always convey my best wishes.

At first I had the idea that what you did was a lack of knowledge or misinformation. Now I understand that you have a different motivation on almost every issue related to Turkiye or us. In the UAV title, the situation has turned into a tragicomedy, enough to speak about wheat export of Russia. The irony of course is that you discredit the intruments you hold for this in other titles when the subject is Iran... From now on, for me, every news that the western media makes about Iran is more credible and true than the Iranian media. Because you accept it too.

Honestly with all the foreign components, the TB2 is as Turkish as a Mercedes Benz assembled in Turkey. A little more Turkish, but not by much. All the vital components are foreign. Every single one. It's funny how they try to deny that their UAVs contain all these foreign components. However picture/video evidence from TB2s that have been shot down over various warzones confirms it. Erdogan can claim whatever he wants about the TB2 being 100% Turkish, but he also claims that lowering the interest rate will lower inflation in Turkey. Yeah alright...

Thanks for agreeing that Turkey being a western subdued country can supply as many weapons to other NATO installed regimes while Iran being an anti-western country can not.

Seems like TB-2 is as much Turkish as Turkish themselves are Turkics.

Thanks for agreeing that Turkey being a western subdued country can supply as many weapons to other NATO installed regimes while Iran being an anti-western country can not.

Seems like TB-2 is as much Turkish as Turkish themselves are Turkics.

If They look at mirror and for 10 minutes let go their ego , they clearly see they are offspring of Greece , Armenians , Iranians( especially kurds ) and Arabs ....

especially with hairy body , white skin and often blue and green eyes ...

and don't wast your times with people who see themeslevs in mirror every day and then say we are from centeral asia turks/mongols , when they openly lie to themselves about their own identity , then you can't hope to have logical disscussion with them ...

Your friend above argues that the sole reason for the TB-2's export success is NATO involvement. It's his own paradox, not mine, that he doesn't create a similar fiction about Tajikistan and Yemeni Houthis with this logic. (That's how low the level of the discussion is)

As of Baykar's production: Number of TB-2 production is around 300, the number of systems sent to Ukraine is 24, and a total of 25 with the system to be gifted by Lithuania. You can check with open sources how many and which country has in its inventory. You have the chance to compare the production numbers with the tail numbers or fuselages on production, as updated photos are published about the Baykar Tech production line almost every week.

It is not even funny that Russia claims to have shot down 90 TB-2s, it is nothing more than an example of an obsession and counter-propaganda against a Tactical UAV that rape on Russian air defense systems on 3 different continents. You are in psychology in the message number 2 I wrote above.

After the photograph of a TB-2 that crashed in Libya, being transported to different points with a pickup, was proven by open intelligence channels, a similar propaganda activity in Ukraine was revealed with evidence last month. The Ukraine-Russia war title contains proofs on this subject. In short, put aside even the claims that the Russian authorities could never prove, they make false claims from time to time, even with evidenced crashed planes.

Tb-2, as any other tactical armed systems, eliminates the necessity of conducting piloted CAS to risky areas. It does this job very well and now has thousands of proven successful engagements. The material value of the systems it destroys is moving towards 10 billion dollars. The TB-2 is a simple tactical system. It should work with a correct doctrine with many other elements within the concept of the operation. Of course, this vehicle can fall, be hit. The important thing here is that even in just 1 successful sortie, this system causes the enemy lose more than it costs and also personel loss.

It has been shared many times in this forum that the image you shared above is not valid. The subsystems written in the poster that emerged during the psyop activities in this Karabakh war are not included in TB-2. In fact, you were given the answer directly to this.

I'm sure you're far from concepts like off-the-shelf product use, dual-use products in military systems. The industry giant of the world is China. Even their UAVs that crashed in Yemen had a rotax engine. It is not a necessity for China to use Rotax on these planes, it was about the use of the product on the shelf. But, by your logic, the Iranian defense industry is incapable of suplly even a GPS, it uses $35 Garmin GPS in the current attack helicopters used by its army and even in MALE UAVs. Which would be a completely ridiculous idea. Bu I accept that they create a nice contrast with the plastic pochettes to cover the IIR of the anti-tank munitions carried by these drones or helicopters, which I noticed in the same photos.

FUGsHvRXsAEbSg5
FUGrXx2WIAMYaat

This thread is dedicated to IRAN UAV studies and let check out what we talked about. In the other 3 posts I wrote above, I don't have the slightest attack or grudge against these ongoing developments in Iran. On the contrary, I see these developments positively for our region and always convey my best wishes.

At first I had the idea that what you did was a lack of knowledge or misinformation. Now I understand that you have a different motivation on almost every issue related to Turkiye or us. In the UAV title, the situation has turned into a tragicomedy, enough to speak about wheat export of Russia. The irony of course is that you discredit the intruments you hold for this in other titles when the subject is Iran... From now on, for me, every news that the western media makes about Iran is more credible and true than the Iranian media. Because you accept it too.
Regardless of the quality and origin of critical parts for the TB2, we cannot but acknowledge it has been a tremendous branding and media success. Iran can learn from this (and, no, not by selling weapons)

Last edited:
If They look at mirror and for 10 minutes let go their ego , they clearly see they are offspring of Greece , Armenians , Iranians( especially kurds ) and Arabs ....

especially with hairy body , white skin and often blue and green eyes ...

and don't wast your times with people who see themeslevs in mirror every day and then say we are from centeral asia turks/mongols , when they openly lie to themselves about their own identity , then you can't hope to have logical disscussion with them ...

Turkish are 80-82 % on average Anatolians or natives with 18-22 % on average Turkic input. It's the same with us Azeris 80-82% Medes Iranics and the rest is Qizilbash Turkoman. Kurdish, Eastern Turkish, and us Azeris are all clustered groups.

Yeah the TB2 has accumulated alot of hype but people that know, know that it's not some be all, end all wonder weapon. It's a slow moving drone that can accurately strike targets with PGMs.

Honestly though, deploying a UAV worth $2-$5 million a piece, in a contested airspace, against an adversary with potent air defenses is not a great idea, as Ukraine has found out the hard way. Better off using loitering munitions or Kamikaze drones if there's such a high risk of losing the UAV anyways.

Regardless of the quality and origin of critical parts for the TB2, we cannot but acknowledge it has been a tremendous branding and media success. Iran can learn from this (and, no, not by selling weapons)

Russia says Ukrainian drones are "cracking like nuts"

Watch Russian loitering munitions absolutely annihilate these poor saps

Yeah the TB2 has accumulated alot of hype but people that know, know that it's not some be all, end all wonder weapon. It's a slow moving drone that can accurately strike targets with PGMs.

Honestly though, deploying a UAV worth $2-$5 million a piece, in a contested airspace, against an adversary with potent air defenses is not a great idea, as Ukraine has found out the hard way. Better off using loitering munitions or Kamikaze drones if there's such a high risk of losing the UAV anyways.

Russia says Ukrainian drones are "cracking like nuts"

Watch Russian loitering munitions absolutely annihilate these poor saps

In agha’s latest speech he mentioned ‘روایت را از دست ندهید٫. Unfortunately, we’ve rarely owned the storyline and today we continue to not own it. This is the single biggest failure of the IRI since it’s establishment. Propaganda is not aimed to the ‘those in the know’. It’s aimed at the masses that pressure the ‘those in the know’. Today the above average person has heard of the feats of a curious sounding drone called the ‘Bayrakdar’ (translation: ‘flag bearer’ in Farsi mind you) as much as they have of Reaper or MQ2. Given Turkey is not exactly in the West’s camp, it’s quite a feat actually.

Stop distracting and trolling and lets get to the facts:

Turkey supplied all its TB2s to Ukraine, and Russia has shot at least 90% of them out the skies, and no one wants to praise Baryatar anymore now.

Iran supplied some Muhajirs to Ethiopia recently, and after several weeks the Tigray army's fighting ability was severly degraded and broke its ability to move on the Ethiopian capital.

I fully agree with @OldTwilight that Mohajer is cheaper and more effective version of TB2.

In Ethiopia, the Bayraktar TB2, Mohajer and Chinese Wing Loong drone were all active. Based on the reports that I've read, it was the entry of Bayraktar TB2 that turned the tide to the Ethiopian government's favor.

In Ethiopia, the Bayraktar TB2, Mohajer and Chinese Wing Loong drone were all active. Based on the reports that I've read, it was the entry of Bayraktar TB2 that turned the tide to the Ethiopian government's favor.

What do you think is so special about the drone in this conflict that a Wing Loon or A Mohajer can't do. Wingloon with it's higher payload capacity as well.

It's literally recon, bomb, and reliability. Their are no AD to worry about, and no threat to the UAV or anything of the sort. It does not matter which drone is used in this case.

The distinctions begin to show themselves under real threats like enemy AD, and EW. How the drone can handle itself in this environment. TB2 has shown good capacity in tense environments in Ukraine, but like every drone can only do so much and hasn't been active much since the early days of the war. Wingloon and Mohajer wouldn't fair any better either.

The introduction of UCAVs itself into Ethopia was the game changer for them.

Iran can learn from this (and, no, not by selling weapons)
Iran isnt interested in "learning" about branding in military equipment and technology - Iran cares about effectiveness and cost mainly.

After all the "branding" of TB2, their wholesale destruction in Ukraine will destroy any "branding" value TB2 built uip all this while.

Reality > stories.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom