What's new

Iranian UAVs | News and Discussions

Never forget that Turkey is a historical foe of Iran.

This is as old as Rome vs Parthia, Byzantine Empire vs Sassanid Empire, Ottoman empire vs Safavid Persia.

If in the old times Ottomans controled Iraq and Syria and blocked Iran in the ME....today Iran dominates Iraq and Syria and blocks Turkey.

Turkey is also dangerous for Russia in 3 theatres: 1) Caucasus 2) Black Sea region 3) Eastern Europe
1) Caucasus----here Turkey can bring Georgia under its wings and link with Turkish state of Azerbaijan---being deployed in the Caucasus, Turkey will be able to influence nearby problematic Russian Muslims: Chechens, Ingush, Dagestanians
2) Black Sea--here Turkish Navy is already more powerful and have more ships and submarines than Russian Black Sea Navy
3) Eastern Europe---in order to contain Russia, Turkey can align with Ukraine/Poland/Romania/Baltic states to form a military alliance to contain Russia. (such an alliance was proposed by US think tanks as NATO becomes ineffective)

SO RUSSIA SEES TURKEY AS ITS FOE. RUSSIAN AND TURKEY FOUGHT MULTIPLE WARS IN THE PAST.

In 2035 Turkey will have a population of 92mln, while Russia will have a population of 135mln.

Turkey will have a population and economy equalling 70% of Russia. By 2035 Turkish military will also be modernized.

Since Russia views Turkey as a future enemy, Russia sees Iran as a regional counterweight to Turkish ambitions and decided to support Shia Crescent by helping pro-Iranian regime in Syria.

From Russian point of view--strong Iran contains Turkey in the ME/ diverts Turkish attention towards ME (and away from Caucasus/Black Sea/Europe).

Also by coming to Syria, Russia has an option of supporting Syrian Kurds against Turkey in the event if Turkey decides to support anti-Russian elements in the Russian Muslim Caucasus.

Currently, Turkey is dependant on Russian gas supplies and doesn't want a confrontation with Russia or Iran...but in the near future things can change.

Last edited:
Politics and war tactics aside, aselsan and roketsan are two of the engineering winners in this conflict. Without these firms erdogan would have imploded after the first Russian attack on Turkish troops.

Never forget that Turkey is a historical foe of Iran.

This is as old as Rome vs Parthia, Byzantine Empire vs Sassanid Empire, Ottoman empire vs Safavid Persia.

If in the old times Ottomans controled Iraq and Syria and blocked Iran in the ME....today Iran dominates Iraq and Syria and blocks Turkey.

Turkey is also dangerous for Russia in 3 theatres: 1) Caucasus 2) Black Sea region 3) Eastern Europe
1) Caucasus----here Turkey can bring Georgia under its wings and link with Turkish state of Azerbaijan---being deployed in the Caucasus, Turkey will be able to influence nearby problematic Russian Muslims: Chechens, Ingush, Dagestanians
2) Black Sea--here Turkish Navy is already more powerful and have more ships and submarines than Russian Black Sea Navy
3) Eastern Europe---in order to contain Russia, Turkey can align with Ukraine/Poland/Romania/Baltic states to form a military alliance to contain Russia. (such an alliance was proposed by US think tanks as NATO becomes ineffective)

SO RUSSIA SEES TURKEY AS ITS FOE. RUSSIAN AND TURKEY FOUGHT MULTIPLE WARS IN THE PAST.

In 2035 Turkey will have a population of 92mln, while Russia will have a population of 135mln.

Turkey will have a population and economy equalling 70% of Russia. By 2035 Turkish military will also be modernized.

Since Russia views Turkey as a future enemy, Russia sees Iran as a regional counterweight to Turkish ambitions and decided to support Shia Crescent by helping pro-Iranian regime in Syria.

From Russian point of view--strong Iran contains Turkey in the ME/ diverts Turkish attention towards ME (and away from Caucasus/Black Sea/Europe).

Also by coming to Syria, Russia has an option of supporting Syrian Kurds against Turkey in the event if Turkey decides to support anti-Russian elements in the Russian Muslim Caucasus.

Currently, Turkey is dependant on Russian gas supplies and doesn't want a confrontation with Russia or Iran...but in the near future things can change.

Most of Turkey population increase is coming from Kurdish areas. Like Europe And Iran, Turkish population is pretty much 1-2 child families. However, in Kurdish areas they have many kids.

Also Turkey internally is unstable even under iron fist of Erdogan as recent history has shown with so many coup attempts. How many people were rounded up in recent coup attempt? There are very deep divisions in Turkey that do not exist in Mother Russia.

Thus Turkey cannot be major world actor as long as it is tied to Europe and has zero energy independence (relies on Russia and Iran for its energy needs). And in the future this won’t change unless it magically finds energy resources on its land or gains massive amount of natural gas from Israel or Turkmenistan.

Turkey right now is trying to spread its wings in Libya and Syria, but largely both operations have been failures in the grand scheme of things. To truly make strategic gains you need strategists who have deep relationships lasting decades with groups on the ground. That is why Iran has been successful and America has failed.

America like many countries thinks the key to winning through proxies is merely to throw cash and weapons with whoever is aligned with your interest at that point in time. That rarely works on a strategic game changing level.

Erdogans drone adventure is over.
A good display of what drones in the class of Anka or S-129 are capable of and what not.

They work well when there is no air defense present. Since Syrian air defense was positioned against Israel it was a good playground for drones of that class. They performed effective and at low life and material cost.

Iran was always aware of the fact that once airpower, ground air defense or ECM is present this type of drones can't be used offensively anymore.

Irans approach was one of expandable Shahed-121 series and LO survivable Shahed-161/191 series.
Bayraktar TB2 of Turkey is neither cost effective nor survivable.

Notably Iran has mastered both, the wankel engines of the S-121 series and mini-turbojets of the S-191 series. Developing a Rotax equivalent was low on priority list, but has now started. Obviously due to survivability and cost economy reasons, the S-121, S-123, Saeqhe, S-161, S-191 are of greater importance than S-129 or Mojaher-6.
This is the difference to a "conventional" country like Turkey.

Now that Syria moved some air defense assets to the Idbil region, losses were too high for this conventional UAV force and Turkey had to retreat.
However it showed that when fighting low-capability enemies or exploiting weaknesses of a enemy that has too few assets to cover all relevant parts of the frontline, the conventional drone tactic works well.

Iran could do the same with its S-129 and Mojaher-6 fleet and their still imported engines (like the Turkish drones). But it could even continue when the enemy moves in potent counter-air assets with its more "elite" S-191 fleet or its expandable S-123 fleet (or the Saeghe-2 in between).

A good display of what drones in the class of Anka or S-129 are capable of and what not.

They work well when there is no air defense present. Since Syrian air defense was positioned against Israel it was a good playground for drones of that class. They performed effective and at low life and material cost.

Iran was always aware of the fact that once airpower, ground air defense or ECM is present this type of drones can't be used offensively anymore.

Irans approach was one of expandable Shahed-121 series and LO survivable Shahed-161/191 series.

Notably Iran has mastered both, the wankel engines of the S-121 series and mini-turbojets of the S-191 series. Developing a Rotax equivalent was low on priority list, but has now started. Obviously due to survivability and cost economy reasons, the S-121, S-123, Saeqhe, S-161, S-191 are of greater importance than S-129 or Mojaher-6.

Now that Syria moved some air defense assets to the Idbil region, losses were too high for this conventional UAV force and Turkey had to retreat.
However it showed that when fighting low-capability enemies or exploiting weaknesses of a enemy that has too few assets to cover all relevant parts of the frontline, the conventional drone tactic works well.

Iran could do the same with its S-129 and Mojaher-6 fleet and their still imported engines (like the Turkish drones). But it could even continue when the enemy moves in potent counter-air assets with its more "elite" S-191 fleet or its expandable S-123 fleet (or the Saeghe-2 in between).
Great read!
if you have the time. Please give us a classification of the various rq 170 inspired variants. I still can’t get my head around which one is which! At least 4 (?) types have been unveiled and there are rumors for more...

Great read!
if you have the time. Please give us a classification of the various rq 170 inspired variants. I still can’t get my head around which one is which! At least 4 (?) types have been unveiled and there are rumors for more...

Basically serious systems in Iran are those which are nearly completely built in Iran. Key hurdle is always propulsion.

We have 30% scaled variants of the RQ-170, one built around the TJ-100 copy, Shahed-191 and one around the twin wankel prop engine which is the Saeghe-2.

The TJ-100 copy is also used for the cost effective Qods-1 cruise missile and maybe also as a turboprop for larger MALE UAVs. Same for Irans wankel engine family.

So engines dictates what is produced, size and if it enters serial production. Karrar tank for example lacks a serial produced Iranian tank engine, hence no high number serial production possible. Iran lacks a jet engine in the class of the RD-33, hence no new Iranian fighter jet for the IRIAF.
It also means that 1:1 scale RQ-170 copy makes no sense at the moment (as carrier of long range reconnaissance assets) nor a upscaled one as LO flying wing bomber.

Hahahahahahahaha :D :D :D
You guys must be shitting your pants right about now.

Turkey displays the most advanced case of drone attacks in the world so far and you are holding on to your plastic Skywalker X8s.

Hahahaha

Grow up.

Hahahahahahahaha :D :D :D
You guys must be shitting your pants right about now.

Turkey displays the most advanced case of drone attacks in the world so far and you are holding on to your plastic Skywalker X8s.

Hahahaha

Grow up.

Sorry kiddo, but atleast a dozen countries have done what Turkey can do for atleast 15 years. Turks have become what Hasbaras always wanted to be, except Turks are extremely delusional on this site to think their capabilities are unseen.

Not to mention your most advanced drone attacks only lasted for a few days until airdefences denied drone entry. Amazing how one can turn an absolutely defeat in Saraqib and the M5 highway into a victory. Classic Erdogan spin.

Sorry kiddo, but atleast a dozen countries have done what Turkey can do for atleast 15 years. Turks have become what Hasbaras always wanted to be, except Turks are extremely delusional on this site to think their capabilities are unseen.

Not to mention your most advanced drone attacks only lasted for a few days until airdefences denied drone entry. Amazing how one can turn an absolutely defeat in Saraqib and the M5 highway into a victory. Classic Erdogan spin.
You claim that I am delusional, I claim that you are. But there is an easy way to find out. Lets put it to the test.

You claimed that “at least a dozen countries” have done what Turkey can do for “at least 15 years”.
The keywords here are: “at least”x2, a dozen (=12), have done, and 15 years.

If you can show me 12 countries who have destroyed two pantsir SA-22s with drones in a less than a week

Or who have killed more than 2000 enemy soldiers with drones in less than a week

Or destroyed close to 100 enemy tanks with drones in less than a week

Prior to 2005 (at least 15 years, remember?), then I will leave this site forever (you can screenshot this post).

If you show me not 12 but 6 countries who have done any of those, I promise to never post in the Iranian section again.

And as a topping on the cake, I want nothing in return. I just want to expose how full of shit you are.

You claim that I am delusional, I claim that you are. But there is an easy way to find out. Lets put it to the test.

You claimed that “at least a dozen countries” have done what Turkey can do for “at least 15 years”.
The keywords here are: “at least”x2, a dozen (=12), have done, and 15 years.

If you can show me 12 countries who have destroyed two pantsir SA-22s with drones in a less than a week

Or who have killed more than 2000 enemy soldiers with drones in less than a week

Or destroyed close to 100 enemy tanks with drones in less than a week

Prior to 2005 (at least 15 years, remember?), then I will leave this site forever (you can screenshot this post).

If you show me not 12 but 6 countries who have done any of those, I promise to never post in the Iranian section again.

And as a topping on the cake, I want nothing in return. I just want to expose how full of shit you are.

The statistics you've shown me are from the Turkish MoD hardly even trustable as compared to video evidence I've seen. Especially Considering only 1 Pantsir was destroyed.

Pantsir system are not intended to operate alone, when isolated these system can be overwhelmed even by the weakest of adversaries.

While I agree with some of your stats that there are considerable loses on the SAA side and if sustained for a longer period of time, it would cause major attrition issues. BUT the fact of the matter is, these losses were only for a few days where then, the airspace of Idlib was denied to Turkish drones. I don't call a few days of drone attacks a major conventional success unlike the world has ever seen. If the Turks were truly capable, they would have been able to hold on to Saraqib, counter attacked and pressed for better deal, before the negotiations in Moscow.

Now, the Turks have surrendered the Sochi line positions in addition to 2000km^2 of territory and M5 highway, failed to liberate it's encircled observation posts and in addition, the Syrian army can use the M4 highway fully as well. Hardly a victory I might say.

For me to go through a dozen country from USA to Brazil to Indonesia would simply take far too long.

The statistics you've shown me are from the Turkish MoD hardly even trustable as compared to video evidence I've seen. Especially Considering only 1 Pantsir was destroyed.

Pantsir system are not intended to operate alone, when isolated these system can be overwhelmed even by the weakest of adversaries.

While I agree with some of your stats that there are considerable loses on the SAA side and if sustained for a longer period of time, it would cause major attrition issues. BUT the fact of the matter is, these losses were only for a few days where then, the airspace of Idlib was denied to Turkish drones. I don't call a few days of drone attacks a major conventional success unlike the world has ever seen. If the Turks were truly capable, they would have been able to hold on to Saraqib, counter attacked and pressed for better deal, before the negotiations in Moscow.

Now, the Turks have surrendered the Sochi line positions in addition to 2000km^2 of territory and M5 highway, failed to liberate it's encircled observation posts and in addition, the Syrian army can use the M4 highway fully as well. Hardly a victory I might say.

For me to go through a dozen country from USA to Brazil to Indonesia would simply take far too long.
Mm-hmm

First of all, this video is not entirely about Mesut, First hour is about other developments in Turkey.
Now, about Mesut Mevlevi.

- He was working on the UAV & AI technologies in Iran.
- At a point in his life he was the leader of IRGC Cyber Security Division.
- He has photos with Rafsanjani.
- Then he left Iran and went to USA, worked in NASA about some projects regarding International Space Station.
- Then he turned a whisle-blower against Iranian State.
- He had telegram group where he shared infos and documents about the corruption in Iranian State mainly in IRGC.
- In his last interview he says something like; Young scientists in Iran can't achieve their maximum potential because IRGC, State (management in general) are constraining them. So, he says many Iranian young scientist seek to achieve their maximum potential at abroad.
- 6 months before his assassination he settles in Turkey.
- He said he was working with Istanbul Technical University and Bayraktar company on a cargo delivering drone.

About your questions;
- No info disclosed about his involvement on Turkish UAVs, he has been in Turkey for 6 months, and about a cargo drone. And a foreigner whom won't be involved in military projects. However Bayraktar has some civilian applications, so, Bayraktar might had involved him in a future civilian project.

- Again no info shared about who is behind is assassination but after reading his life we can see a pattern here. I think, Iranian Intelligence killed him as he was revealing corruption. But we can't know that for sure.
lol, the best candidate for killing this con-artist was your own security forces after finding to be fooled by a kid!

first of all, his name was Masoud Molavi, not Mesut Mevlevi.
secondly he was a fraud with an obsession for being seen, claiming to be the mastermind in hacking RQ170, having irrelevant positions in a dozen of Iran's military organizations, lol, not even one! faking his portrait on famous magazines, having breakthrough inventions, etc.
do you know what makes his claims even more funny? the fact that he has done all of these when he was studying in university!

Though I don't know, maybe in Turkey, your military hires a random kid and immediately makes him top rank general and head of different sectors!

Back
Top Bottom