What's new

Iranian UAVs | News and Discussions

lol, the best candidate for killing this con-artist was your own security forces after finding to be fooled by a kid!

first of all, his name was Masoud Molavi, not Mesut Mevlevi.
secondly he was a fraud with an obsession for being seen, claiming to be the mastermind in hacking RQ170, having irrelevant positions in a dozen of Iran's military organizations, lol, not even one! faking his portrait on famous magazines, having breakthrough inventions, etc.
do you know what makes his claims even more funny? the fact that he has done all of these when he was studying in university!

Though I don't know, maybe in Turkey, your military hires a random kid and immediately makes him top rank general and head of different sectors!
Chill dude....

@like_a_boss wanted a translation of the video and i did (would be good if he had thanked me for it). I'm not saying anything in that video is real or not, i don't know.

So, relax a bit.

Sorry to break this to you but Turkish drones are a joke. In Libya the LNA use them as target practice and manage to constantly shoot them down with decades old Soviet legacy systems. In Syria, Erdogan flooded the sky with them and that caught the SAA off guard for 2 days. You didn't inflict nearly as much damage on the SAA as you claim. Some Turkish fanboys say 300 tanks, here you are saying 100. In reality I doubt if you can even prove 50 tanks were destroyed. If the real numbers were anything close to that then the SAA wouldn't have been able to quickly turn the tables, shoot down more than half a dozen Turkish drones and then take back Saraqib and humiliate your forces in Syria.

You claim that I am delusional, I claim that you are. But there is an easy way to find out. Lets put it to the test.

You claimed that “at least a dozen countries” have done what Turkey can do for “at least 15 years”.
The keywords here are: “at least”x2, a dozen (=12), have done, and 15 years.

If you can show me 12 countries who have destroyed two pantsir SA-22s with drones in a less than a week

Or who have killed more than 2000 enemy soldiers with drones in less than a week

Or destroyed close to 100 enemy tanks with drones in less than a week

Prior to 2005 (at least 15 years, remember?), then I will leave this site forever (you can screenshot this post).

If you show me not 12 but 6 countries who have done any of those, I promise to never post in the Iranian section again.

And as a topping on the cake, I want nothing in return. I just want to expose how full of shit you are.

Turkey should not compare itself to Iran..... Iran actually makes some very high tech weapons, as seen by shooting down the 200 million dollar US drone and pin point attack on the US base...

If you have followed Turkish weapons industries.... they would have told you that they make F 16 jets and attack helicopters, and modern tanks..... of couse when you delve into the reality, you will see that they cant even make car engines..... never mind anything high tech.

As for air defence systems..... Iran made its own S400 equivalent, whilst the highly indebted Turks had to fork out billions to buy Russian downgraded system, and get humiliating sanctions by America for not buying from them.

It doesn’t matter the equipment when your personnel is shooting down airliners outside your own airport the competency of troops is in question.

Iran has had numerous close calls by its air defense crew firing on civilian airlines and friendly fighter jets.

the drone attack at that night wasn't done by turks the third state came for few hours to take revenge for his flatten base in Iraq with erdogan help. Stupid turks made new enemy in world before that night Iranian and IRGC back forces did not kill Turk soldiers but now ....

Easy Man.

We do not want to see Iran as the enemy. But the Syrian regimen martyred our 34 soldiers. Iran did not do it directly but the Syrian regime supported by Iran made it. We want to work with Iran to destroy PYD. The Syrian regime has made a mistake and paid the price. It is no longer the time to focus on old hostilities, it's time to set up new alliances.

And try to establish new alliances by including Sunni Muslims in Syria.

Last edited:
the drone attack at that night wasn't done by turks the third state came for few hours to take revenge for his flatten base in Iraq with erdogan help. Stupid turks made new enemy in world before that night Iranian and IRGC back forces did not kill Turk soldiers but now ....
The Turks didnt destroy anything with UAVs. The footage was faked. No actually it may be real but it was from Libya. The footage is from Syria but it is not what you think it is. Turks did attack but we attacked more. Syrian army can keep losing people and still win, this is just another wednesday for SAA. SAA was caught off guard otherwise it would have destroyed the Turks. Its air defences were facing towards israel. Okay look I finally figured it out: the attacks did happen, it was all real but it was another country (USA) not Turkey. Turkish UAVs are very bad. Okay Turkish UAVs did all those attacks but we downed Global Hawk. Also we couldnt care less about Idlib. Turks would have been humiliated if we did care about Idlib. Okay they killed a bunch of our guys there but we gave a firm warning. Turkish UAVs are neither capable nor cost effective. Come on man please believe me. Please please please, pretty please.

Edit: New from PeeD: it was the Turks but it wasnt UAVs it was something else. yes, video shows that UAVs were hovering abovehead but it still wasnt them.

Last edited:
The Turks didnt destroy anything with UAVs. The footage was faked. No actually it may be real but it was from Libya. The footage is from Syria but it is not what you think it is. Turks did attack but we attacked more. Syrian army can keep losing people and still win, this is just another wednesday for SAA. SAA was caught off guard otherwise it would have destroyed the Turks. Its air defences were facing towards israel. Okay look I finally figured it out: the attacks did happen, it was all real but it was another country (USA) not Turkey. Turkish UAVs are very bad. Okay Turkish UAVs did all those attacks but we downed Global Hawk. Also we couldnt care less about Idlib. Turks would have been humiliated if we did care about Idlib. Okay they killed a bunch of our guys there but we gave a firm warning. Turkish UAVs are neither capable nor cost effective. Come on man please believe me. Please please please, pretty please.

I make it easy for you:
Turkish military were at a vast advantage with their drone warfare but for no reason Erdogan agreed to a ceasefire in favor of its opponents.

Common sense.

Case closed.

I make it easy for you:
Turkish military were at a vast advantage with their drone warfare but for no reason Erdogan agreed to a ceasefire in favor of its opponents.

Common sense.

Case closed.
7zE5JBv.gif

Last edited:
I make it easy for you:

Common sense.

Case closed.

There is no point in pursuing an endless war, our real enemy in the region is PYD and Israel.

There is no point in pursuing an endless war, our real enemy in the region is PYD and Israel.

Of course and Turkey deserves military credit for exploiting Syrian weakness via its conventional drone force.

However Turkey also knows the limits of this cost effective strategy: Once systems like the S-300, -400 or also Buk-M2 enter the theatre, the operation is over. It's like a infantry skirmish where you have snipers, but when the other side brings in artillery you have to leave the frontline.

Turkey is fully aware of this and that's why it chose S-400 over the F-35.

Easy Man.

We do not want to see Iran as the enemy. But the Syrian regimen martyred our 34 soldiers. Iran did not do it directly but the Syrian regime supported by Iran made it. We want to work with Iran to destroy PYD. The Syrian regime has made a mistake and paid the price. It is no longer the time to focus on old hostilities, it's time to set up new alliances.

And try to establish new alliances by including Sunni Muslims in Syria.
I can't awake someone who pretend to be sleep.
nor Iran nor Syria killed your soldiers. You made meeting with real killers.
2020-03-05T115549Z_123348544_RC2NDF9RX188_RTRMADP_3_SYRIA-SECURITY-PUTIN-ERDOGAN.JPG

Of course and Turkey deserves military credit for exploiting Syrian weakness via its conventional drone force.

However Turkey also knows the limits of this cost effective strategy: Once systems like the S-300, -400 or also Buk-M2 enter the theatre, the operation is over. It's like a infantry skirmish where you have snipers, but when the other side brings in artillery you have to leave the frontline.
THANK YOU! Finally you are starting to make a little sense. No one here has any delusions about these UAVs. Nobody claims they can shoot down Su-35s or evade S-400s. But to claim SAA was not devastated in the hands of these drones is just wilfull ignorance.

I make it easy for you:

Common sense.

Case closed.
No. That is not the case at all. You see, we unlike some other nations are fully aware of ourselves and our surroundings. We are not delusional and we dont live in a bubble. Turkey definitely agreed to a ceasefire in favor of its opponents. We are just saying that opponent is Russia.

And the reason for that is we are not interested in a war with Russia. We clearly know that Russian military is much stronger than Turkey’s. And we know that a war with Russia is not advantageous to us in any way.

We are also fully aware that these drones are sitting ducks once the big guys join the game (F-16s and Su-35s).

But it is crystal clear that SAA got one of the most serious blows in this civil war during that week. Making up 17383836 different excuses for that is just pathetic.

I can't awake someone who pretend to be sleep.
nor Iran nor Syria killed your soldiers. You made meeting with real killers.
2020-03-05T115549Z_123348544_RC2NDF9RX188_RTRMADP_3_SYRIA-SECURITY-PUTIN-ERDOGAN.JPG

Real murderers are the ones who drop barrel bombs on civilians.

Stop being stupid. Communicate with the Sunnis in Syria,and form an alliance with them.

There is nothing as stupid as maintaining old hostilities in this world. Israel and the USA are very happy that you cannot deal with the Sunnis in Syria.

THANK YOU! Finally you are starting to make a little sense. No one here has any delusions about these UAVs. Nobody claims they can shoot down Su-35s or evade S-400s. But to claim SAA was not devastated in the hands of these drones is just wilfull ignorance.

SAA suffered losses of operation level of a single frontline sector, not the significant backbone breaking losses Turkey claims.
It was a great exploit as they could not reach out to beyond 5km altitude, even if confronted with non-LO, slow (~200km/h) drones using subsonic glide bombs. Well used and very cost effective asset at the right time.

But killing a system of the caliber of the Pantsir or even Buk-M2 with this is only possible if accepting unproportional heavy losses.
So Turkey claiming its drone killed the two Pantsirs is PR to sell their drones: Only stand-off weapons like AGM-142, HARM or multi direction attack of SOM cruise missiles would be effective.

Yes Turkey is a nation that has the capability to kill Pantsirs, but not with non-LO 200km/h drones... they just filmed the from over 30km safe distance.

Iran first underestimated Russian technology, but today the know that most of their weapons make economic sense and actually work on the battlefield.

From Iranian perspective, a Turkey with S-400, transforms it to a serious power that gets anti-access and anti-ballistic missile capability.
AWACS-F-16-ARMAAM combo is expensive, defeatable and for that reason many second class military around the world have it.
S-400 changes the equation.

Back
Top Bottom