What's new

Iranian Supremacy in Scientific R&D in the Islamic world

What a joke ?

Iranian UAV uses Canadian engine, Rotax

Indonesia still do trade with Iran until now, only in energy sector we dont do trade with Iran

Please read my reply to your first post, if possible.

If not, here's a summary. Any and all trade with Iran is severely hampered by sanctions. It doesn't mean a few companies won't continue to do commerce with Iran, and most often that's because these companies have little to no relations with the US, so US sanctions won't affect them. Also, Iran excels at covertly circumventing these obstacles.

But the notion that oil is the only sector of Iran's economy to be sanctioned is factually incorrect, since many branches are in fact sanctioned. Banks worldwide hesitate or outright refuse to deal with Iran out of fear of being penalized by Washington.

See here for more' information:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_sanctions_against_Iran

Iran’s Financial Sector and the Sanctions - İRAM Center | Center for Iranian Studies in Ankara

Over-compliance with US sanctions hurting Iran’s ‘butterfly kids’

If it wasn't for the sanctions, Indonesia's trade volume with Iran would likely be several times what it is now. As for the Rotax engines, they may have been smuggled into Iran. Many of the commodities imported by Iran do not have 'Iran' as their declared destination, because of the sanctions; and if customs or law enforcement in any of the countries the goods pass through realize it, they will confiscate them.

However these same sanctions have indirectly had positive effects on the Iranian economy as well, insofar as they encouraged the development of domestic production capabilities.

Last edited:
What a joke ?

Iranian UAV uses Canadian engine, Rotax

Indonesia still do trade with Iran until now, only in energy sector we dont do trade with Iran

Bro, Seriously you should be well informed before saying such B.S

Here is a simple sample of the extent of US sanctions, regarding Barakat Foundation for Corona Vaccine, read this and tell us again that Iran isn't fully sanctioned.....

Post in thread 'Barkat Ventures delivers the first batch of covid-19 vaccines to the Iranian Ministry of Health' https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/bark...anian-ministry-of-health.710515/post-13344514

my field of work is medicine and let enlighten you for onething
maybe because , in turkey its cheap . on a side note even from , Europe , USA and East Asia they come to Iran for cosmetic surgery if they want high class work.
I found it really strange, but the most number of nose jobs in the world are in Iran.

Apparently the most popular type of look is jennifer Lopez. :-)

I found it really strange, but the most number of nose jobs in the world are in Iran.

Apparently the most popular type of look is jennifer Lopez. :-)

Rhinoplasty is performed most often in China, Japan and Brazil.

Iran has some of the best universities in the world.
Iran's topnotch Technical "Sharif university" Opens for in-class sessions after two years of online teaching only.

Personal note:.. The first day I enrolled in a Canadian university to do my Masters degree in Engineering the first question the Dean of Engineering school asked me was ...did you graduate from "Sharif university"...He knew more about the university than me..and that was 47 years ago!!!.:azn::azn:

View attachment 832843
View attachment 832844
View attachment 832846
View attachment 832847
View attachment 832848
View attachment 832849

They must be so happy...bless them all.

This is a world renowned engineering university?

Pakistan should work with Iran and China to establish a newer, effective and up-to-date single national curriculum

I've heard from others the current is quite outdated and insufficient in today's terms

Quality and the accessibility across the country must be improved!

Hopefully we can hear some good news about this soon 🙏🏻

Bro, Seriously you should be well informed before saying such B.S

Here is a simple sample of the extent of US sanctions, regarding Barakat Foundation for Corona Vaccine, read this and tell us again that Iran isn't fully sanctioned.....

Post in thread 'Barkat Ventures delivers the first batch of covid-19 vaccines to the Iranian Ministry of Health' https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/bark...anian-ministry-of-health.710515/post-13344514

What BS I made ? Those data dont lie, go to the link I have provided, those trade between Indonesia and Iran still exist.

USA may be try to impose more damage between US -Iran trade which is understandsble.

If it wasn't for the sanctions, Indonesia's trade volume with Iran would likely be several times what it is now. As for the Rotax engines, they may have been smuggled into Iran. Many of the commodities imported by Iran do not have 'Iran' as their declared destination, because of the sanctions; and if customs or law enforcement in any of the countries the goods pass through realize it, they will confiscate them.

However these same sanctions have indirectly had positive effects on the Iranian economy as well, insofar as they encouraged the development of domestic production capabilities.

I assume the reason of why trade volume ( non oil and gas sector) is not growing is due to your government self sufficiency policy where it can be seen in how Iran even impose import tariff of Indonesian goods at 150 % rate. If you impose high tariff, then of course other country will made reciprocal policy by imposing high tariff for your goods.

If we learn international trade economics, it is clear that high tariff is not good for our country development, more over the impact will be much greater in the environment where majority of the world economies apply to WTO regulation ( maximum import tariff is 20 % ) and many has made FTA between countries and their own region.

Here check on the tariff section, but I am agree that if there is no sanction then Iran economy will be much better, but it is your government own fault with the pursuit of nuclear weapon technology. The sanction is imposed by all Security Council member at that time, only Indonesia who was abstain, even your friend Russia and China supported it

1649995911871.png

Check the tariff section

Last edited:
This is a world renowned engineering university?

It has the highest non-self citation per faculty member ratio in the entire Muslim world (98.1).
Sharif, IUST and Amir Kabir are the reasons we have such massive STEM output in the R&D now.

Best undergrad engineering

Only regional female Nobel laureate maker

Noble laureate Dr. Mirzakhani

What a legend, RIP

Screen-Shot-2014-08-16-at-11.13.55-PM.png

I assume the reason of why trade volume ( non oil and gas sector) is not growing is due to your government self sufficiency policy where it can be seen in how Iran even impose import tariff of Indonesian goods at 150 % rate. If you impose high tariff, then of course other country will made reciprocal policy by imposing high tariff for your goods.

If we learn international trade economics, it is clear that high tariff is not good for our country development, more over the impact will be much greater in the environment where majority of the world economies apply to WTO regulation ( maximum import tariff is 20 % ) and many has made FTA between countries and their own region.

Here check on the tariff section, but I am agree that if there is no sanction then Iran economy will be much better, but it is your government own fault with the pursuit of nuclear weapon technology. The sanction is imposed by all Security Council member at that time, only Indonesia who was abstain, even your friend Russia and China supported it

View attachment 834534

Check the tariff section

Well, personally I do support Iran's policy of self-sufficiency because without it, the industrial, agricultural and technological development witnessed over the past four decades could not have taken place, and Iran would most likely have remained a mono-sectorial producer and exporter of crude oil for the most part - which is actually what the exiled opposition (such as Reza Pahlavi, son of the ousted shah and others) as well as liberal factions inside Iran envisage for the country.

They don't like the idea of economic independence and are comfortable with importing everything from abroad in exchange for oil money. However this would be a strategic mistake since self-sufficiency is not just an economic but also a matter of national security; you never know if and when the Americans are going to sanction you and/or if your suppliers for whatever reason fail to deliver. Also, reduced domestic production impedes general scientific, social and human development.

So I don't think that a lifting of the sanctions would be so much beneficial to Iran's economy. Most of the economic problems Iran is facing are rather linked to the issue of corruption as well as to the adoption of neo-liberal (neo-classical) economic models by certain past administrations, which simply don't work and especially in Iran.

As for the nuclear file, this is essentially used as a pretext to sanction Iran. After all Iran has never violated the NPT and didn't attempt to manufacture nuclear weapons. Iran is fully within her internationally guaranteed rights, including with the uranium enrichment. A country like south Korea was caught enriching uranium to 90% without declaring it to the IAEA but was never sanctioned for it, and the event didn't even make headlines. Had this been Iran, the west would have blown the propaganda horns all day long.

It's out of the question for Iran to bow to unjust and illegal demands. Once you concede on something, they'll be back in no time asking for more and more until they've deprived you of your sovereignty or worse, your territorial integrity, your peace etc. Thus is the nature of zio-American imperialism.

And if Iran completely dismantled her nuclear facilities and forewent any related activities on her soil, they would invoke some other excuse (human rights, regional policy etc) to place sanctions on Iran. Actually it was only few days after the victory of the 1979 Islamic Revolution that Washington sanctioned Iran for the first time. Although of course, I very much appreciate Indonesia's vote against the UN sanctions in 2008.

Thing is that the conflict between Iran and the US runs much deeper than the sole nuclear quarrel. Because Iran is standing up systematically and methodically to US imperialism and zionism. Also, the hegemonist zionist regime has no tolerance for large resourceful nation-states with huge potential in its vicinity and aims to dismantle and destroy them, so even if Iran abandoned her principled policy of Resistance, the existential threat she is facing from the zionists and their western allies would not be lifted. In short, there's no other option for Iran but to counter and fight off their mischief.

Last edited:
It has the highest non-self citation per faculty member ratio in the entire Muslim world (98.1).
Sharif, IUST and Amir Kabir are the reasons we have such massive STEM output in the R&D now.

Noble laureate Dr. Mirzakhani

What a legend, RIP

Screen-Shot-2014-08-16-at-11.13.55-PM.png
Calling a Fields medalist "a Nobel laureate" is inaccurate and wrong, and shows a lack of understanding about the value of the Fields medal.

The Fields medal is by far the most important achievement an intellectual can have. It is incredibly more difficult to win a Fields medal than a Nobel prize because first of all, it is awarded every 4 years and secondly, it is awarded only to people who are less than 40 years old. The majority of people who have won the prize earned the prize by tackling century-old problems in mathematics in their 20s.

Iran has won 2 Fields medals (Maryam Mirzakhani, Fereydoon Derakhshi also known as Caucher Birkar), which is not only exceptional in the Muslim world, but it is also exceptional for people in non-Western countries. Iran is one of the elite countries in the world that has a Fields medalist and the number of these countries is well below 15.

Look at the H-index of journals of iran and the impact factor of them. Now i dont know if you have research background or not so let me carify what impact factor is, it is the measure of how much citations a journal has and quality of those citations for a past year. In engineering and technology their impact factor is less than one. For resference see impact factor of JSSC in IEEE which has an impact factor of >5.
Well JSSC is one of the top and leading edge journal in technology but can you give me any iranian who is still in iran but has paper published in these type of prestigous journals.
I am not undermining anybody's achievement but simply stating the fact. There are many aldo Pakistanis who are minting research paper in the shady journals of india or iran increasing their impact factor which is ethically and morally wrong. I am just stating an obvious fact.

I came to state an obvious fact on a debate with backing of several indicators because i am associated with R&D myself.
Dude, you sound clueless about R&D and research. Don't make yourself look like an idiot here.

Last edited:
By non-self citations of research articles in peer reviewed SJR registered journals

Topic: Energy, Nuclear, Fuel

Iranian rank among Islamic Country: 1, Global: 6

https://www.scimagojr.com/countryrank.php?year=2020&order=ci&ord=desc&area=2100

Dude, you sound clueless about R&D and research. Don't make yourself look like an idiot here.

He was just a jealous stupid man, who ran away with his tail between his legs when confronted with facts. He thought that SJR ranks countries based on which country's own journals have what Impact factor ROFL, yet he was claiming to be some research scholar ... funny as shit

One person in Denmark started to burn Holy Quran few years ago.

Now look at it birth place of Islam , dear prophet and holy Quran
One of the sweetest ego checks of God , Saudi Arabia one place higher than Denmark in less than a decade :agree:
Screenshot 2022-04-18 214538.jpg

Screenshot 2022-04-18 214652.jpg

Back
Top Bottom