What's new

Iranian Space program

That is incorrect... there is no treaty banning weapons in space. You may be thinking of the Outer Space Treaty, which bans WMDs in space.

Yes but it goes much further than that
https://www.state.gov/t/isn/5181.htm

The treaty bans the U.S. or any other country in conducting any activity that would restrict space for any country

A weapon designed to prohibit Iran from sending sats to space is a violation of the treaty!

upload_2017-2-10_13-55-53.png

That is incorrect... there is no treaty banning weapons in space. You may be thinking of the Outer Space Treaty, which bans WMDs in space.

YES I was wrong it was incorrect for the U.S. opposed the Russian & Chinese proposal to ban all type of space weapons for even 10 years ago they were developing space based weapons that could target sats, SLV's & were working on space based Anti Ballistic Missile platforms!

So despite the treaty that bans countries from restricting other from space the U.S. currently has weapons in space that can destroy every SLV we attempt to send into space from space without making any noise! using lasers or projectile interceptors that look like space junk or small sats & it will be easy for them especially since they know exactly where our launch sites will be!

Only way around it is to build something like the Pegasus and the hardest part in that would be building an aircraft powerful enough to launch something as heavy as the Sejil-2 to above 40,000 feet & Iran's II-76 are powerful enough to do it even if you parachute launch it from the back you just need another booster to get it going & I think that's the best way for Iran at least for the next 4 years
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pegasus_(rocket)

For sats under 1000 lb the Pegasus type SLV I would say is the best option

And maybe in the future we can build a scramjet to power the 1st stage booster

YES I was wrong it was incorrect for the U.S. opposed the Russian & Chinese proposal to ban all type of space weapons for even 10 years ago they were developing space based weapons that could target sats, SLV's & were working on space based Anti Ballistic Missile platforms!

So despite the treaty that bans countries from restricting other from space the U.S. currently has weapons in space that can destroy every SLV we attempt to send into space from space without making any noise! using lasers or projectile interceptors that look like space junk or small sats & it will be easy for them especially since they know exactly where our launch sites will be!

Only way around it is to build something like the Pegasus and the hardest part in that would be building an aircraft powerful enough to launch something as heavy as the Sejil-2 to above 40,000 feet & Iran's II-76 are powerful enough to do it even if you parachute launch it from the back you just need another booster to get it going & I think that's the best way for Iran at least for the next 4 years
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pegasus_(rocket)

For sats under 1000 lb the Pegasus type SLV I would say is the best option

And maybe in the future we can build a scramjet to power the 1st stage booster

The US has no reason to intercept Iranian SLVs. Even NK has launched SLVs untouched by America and they have nukes.

Anti-satellite weapons are generally considered for use in a full war not as some interventionist interception. As of now no full blown powers with satellites have gone to war for us to see this type of warfare in action.

The US has no reason to intercept Iranian SLVs. Even NK has launched SLVs untouched by America and they have nukes.

Anti-satellite weapons are generally considered for use in a full war not as some interventionist interception. As of now no full blown powers with satellites have gone to war for us to see this type of warfare in action.

Does Trump seem like a sane person to you?

Yes Iran and N.Korea both launches sat's into space and even under trump they will allow a few in to assess your capabilities every now and then! The point is not to make you stop but to make you hurt financially so you are discouraged from sending your own sat's to keep the monopoly between a handful of countries.

They don't want Iran to be a player in nuclear tech and in providing fuel rods, heavy water, build reactors,.. and they don't want Iran to be a major player in space tech to a point where they can send sats into space for other countries as they don't want Iran to be a major weapons exporter!
They want their monopoly & the only way around it is to keep on resisting at every turn!

Does Trump seem like a sane person to you?
Yes.

He has an inflated ego, is brash, petty, insecure and too often does not think through important decisions.

But he is not insane.

Moreover, with people like Mattis as SecDef, he will not do most of the crazy shit people fear him doing. Forget the "Mad Dog" title. He earned that for his fierce verbal and operational temperament, not for supposed mad actions.

Mattis is shrewd, smart and strongly anti-Iran. He's a US Marine. That's not to say these things in combination are good. But my point is that he will not make stupid decisions, and shooting down an SLV is very stupid.

Yes.

He has an inflated ego, is brash, petty, insecure and too often does not think through important decisions.

But he is not insane.

Moreover, with people like Mattis as SecDef, he will not do most of the crazy shit people fear him doing. Forget the "Mad Dog" title. He earned that for his fierce verbal and operational temperament, not for supposed mad actions.

Mattis is shrewd, smart and strongly anti-Iran. He's a US Marine. That's not to say these things in combination are good. But my point is that he will not make stupid decisions, and shooting down an SLV is very stupid.

@AmirPatriot dumb irrational morons like Steve Bannon are encircling Trump. They are just plain lunatics. Regardless, I think Iran needs to maintain the current two pronged fork posture:

1) Political charm: to isolate Trump et al through smart charmful politics
2) Strong military: to not only deter but maintain and develop further capacity to defeat US and its satellite states militarily, tactically and strategically.

As part of this, Iran should vehemently pursue "de-dollarization" of its economy and further integration with NAM and BRICS nation states.

@AmirPatriot dumb irrational morons like Steve Bannon are encircling Trump. They are just plain lunatics. Regardless, I think Iran needs to maintain the current two pronged fork posture:

1) Political charm: to isolate Trump et al through smart charmful politics
2) Strong military: to not only deter but maintain and develop further capacity to defeat US and its satellite states militarily, tactically and strategically.

As part of this, Iran should vehemently pursue "de-dollarization" of its economy and further integration with NAM and BRICS nation states.

Are you the same arashkamangir from IMF? If so, good to see you.

Mattis, being Secretary for Defence, is the one who will make the ultimate decisions. I expect him to overrule that madman Bannon on most occasions. Bannon is an adviser, Mattis is far more intelligent.

Recently there was a NK missile test and we had no military reaction.

Are you the same arashkamangir from IMF? If so, good to see you.

Mattis, being Secretary for Defence, is the one who will make the ultimate decisions. I expect him to overrule that madman Bannon on most occasions. Bannon is an adviser, Mattis is far more intelligent.

Recently there was a NK missile test and we had no military reaction.

Yup indeed :) glad to be here finally and nice to see the IMF members :)

What I was trying to say is that we can't just look at his cabinet at its current shape. Bannon's influence has increased since day 0 which demonstrates how much he has influence on Trump. There seems to be a will to push toward Bannon like policies (e.g. ban of Muslims from 7 countries) and that would eventually mean that more people with Bannon mindset would join Trump's inner circle. But yes, currently Mattis is acting as the rational decision maker with significant influence.

As for irrational decisions, it doesn't necessarily start or end with shooting down an Iranian missile or NK missile. It could also start with shooting at Iranian boats.

Any how I don't want to go off topic but if you want we can continue this discussion in another thread :) just tag me.

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom