What's new

Iranian Space program

@yavar @PeeD @VEVAK @SOHEIL
What are the requirements to start a space related startup in Iran for scientific research and remote sensing applications?

If you have a product I would suggest partnership with an existing company especially if you are not costumed to getting permits & licenses in Iran.

If funding is not the issue then the best way is to pay a lawyer and have him do all the legwork for you! But to be able to sell such a products you need connections so it would be best to partner up with an existing aerospace or software company that already has those connections because your not talking about starting a factory for a commonly used product!

Yes.

He has an inflated ego, is brash, petty, insecure and too often does not think through important decisions.

But he is not insane.

Moreover, with people like Mattis as SecDef, he will not do most of the crazy shit people fear him doing. Forget the "Mad Dog" title. He earned that for his fierce verbal and operational temperament, not for supposed mad actions.

Mattis is shrewd, smart and strongly anti-Iran. He's a US Marine. That's not to say these things in combination are good. But my point is that he will not make stupid decisions, and shooting down an SLV is very stupid.

Yea before his proposed travel ban I would have agreed with you!
Before he hung up the phone on the Australian Prime Minister in his 1st week in office! Before EU considered his administration as a threat to the EU!
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/31/world/europe/trump-european-union-donald-tusk.html?_r=0

Before he told Putin that he thought the START Treaty was a bad deal
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-putin-idUSKBN15O2A5

And yes the sad thing is the only sane person in his administration in national security matters is a guy named Mad Dog Mattis!

Mattis is a hardliner on Iran but a logical hardliner ONLY WHEN COMPARED TO THE REST! He understands the consequences of a direct confrontation but even he is all for covert actions! If the U.S. can ensure that Iranian SLV's are disrupted covertly then he will be all for it! His whole thing is actions against Iran has to be with sanctions & covert actions and NOT direct confrontation! And War should be the last resort!
http://presstv.com/Detail/2017/02/12/510212/Iran-Jask-Navy

Trump is a guy that thinks all US allies should just Nuke up
http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016...i-arabia-and-south-korea-had-nuclear-weapons/

His administration thinks the JCPOA is a bad deal & they wanna sanction Iran at every turn to a point that abiding by the JCPOA would make no sense for Iran there for they can blame Iran for backing out!

Yea before his proposed travel ban I would have agreed with you!
I think it was primarily a way to satisfy his voters of his campaign goals.

If the U.S. can ensure that Iranian SLV's are disrupted covertly then he will be all for it!
It is too easy to find out.

Remember, Iran as well as Russia, China and most of Europe can easily track such movements in space. A covert US interception would not go unnoticed. Russia and China especially would be keen to make the world know about this since they have their own space programs. They do not want to allow the US to even think about such actions.

The "Saman-1", made by the ISRC technicians, is a kick-stage. An independent thruster-system is used to increase the orbit slowly from 400 to 700 km For the first mission, Saman-1 will be used to transfer a 100-kilogram satellite
1~20.jpg

1~19.jpg

1~22.jpg

5~6.jpg

6~3.jpg
Do you know what is the thruster using to move the satellite? Is it compressed gas or some kind of fuel?

Iran SorayaTV progress&challenges space technology برنامه ثریا با پيشرفت‌ها و چالش‌هاي فناوري فضايي

برنامه ثریا با پيشرفت‌ها و چالش‌هاي فناوري فضايي
موضوع برنامه ثريا " پيشرفت ها و چالشهاي پيش روي فناوري فضايي کشور" خواهد بود.
اين برنامه با حضور دکتر محسن بهرامي، رييس سازمان فضايي ايران و معاون وزير ارتباطات به عنوان مهمان حضوري به روي آنتن خواهد رفت و مهمانان ديگري به صورت تلفني در اين برنامه حضور خواهند داشت.
بررسي آخرين وضعيت پروژه هاي فضايي کشور و ميزان تحقق اهداف تعيين شده براي اين فناوري در سالهاي اخير از جمله موضوعات مطرح شده در ثريا خواهند بود.

Iran SorayaTV progress&challenges space technology برنامه ثریا با پيشرفت‌ها و چالش‌هاي فناوري فضايي

اين برنامه با حضور دکتر محسن بهرامي، رييس سازمان فضايي ايران و معاون وزير ارتباطات به عنوان مهمان حضوري به روي آنتن خواهد رفت و مهمانان ديگري به صورت تلفني در اين برنامه حضور خواهند داشت.
بررسي آخرين وضعيت پروژه هاي فضايي کشور و ميزان تحقق اهداف تعيين شده براي اين فناوري در سالهاي اخير از جمله موضوعات مطرح شده در ثريا خواهند بود.

Thanks for posting the vid bro, I've been looking for it since yesterday.

1.sending human to space=canceled
2.university projects=cancelled
3.seven scheduled launches in past 3 years=cancelled
3.launching 3 years old ready satellites= after elections!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4.building new satellite=3 years later!
4.allocated budget=7%
5.there is money for buying satellites from Europe (to be confiscated later) and and launching by Russia, but no budget for launch by ourselves!

conclusion: as Dr. Shaterzadeh said: It's more than 3 years that Iranian space program has been closed.

Last edited:
1.sending human to space=canceled
2.university projects=cancelled
3.seven scheduled launches in past 3 years=cancelled
3.launching 3 years old ready satellites= after elections!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4.building new satellite=3 years later!
4.allocated budget=7%
5.there is money for buying satellites from Europe (to be confiscated later) and and launching by Russia, but no budget for launch by ourselves!

conclusion: as Dr. Shaterzadeh said: It's more than 3 years that Iranian space program has been closed.

I guess this can be attributed to the fact that more money is allocated to seminaries, Basijis, internal security, Islamic propagation office, etc. Priorities of IRI is not science or technology, but rather survival and propagation.

I guess this can be attributed to the fact that more money is allocated to seminaries, Basijis, internal security, Islamic propagation office, etc. Priorities of IRI is not science or technology, but rather survival and propagation.

Yeah, it's not like the leadership has specifically called for the economy to be knowledge and science based...

when both satellite and SLV are ready, then money isn't the problem.
Priority of pro-west politicians is survival, they know how fragile their deal is, so they can't risk their political life, if it was them, even Iranian missile launches were closed by now.

مردک مسخره کرده بابا بگو من نوکر کدخدام و تا ایشون اجازه ندن پرتاب نداریم اینها را باید به جرم خیانت محاکمه کنن چطور پول دارید بریزید تو دهن فرانسه پول ندارید بسازید بگو اگه نمیتونید اصلا برای چی به شما حقوق میدن حرومی

when both satellite and SLV are ready, then money isn't the problem.
Priority of pro-west politicians is survival, they know how fragile their deal is, so they can't risk their political life, if it was them, even Iranian missile launches were closed by now.

I don't think it can solely be attributed to "pro-west" politicians (and I am not sure whether such polity exists in IRI). IRI as an institution, regardless of the administration, has always prioritized religious dogma over all other matters. And this should be no surprise to anyone: the people who run IRI believe that the hidden Imam is real, celebrate the events of Karbala, promote discrimination against women, and are intolerant of differing views and beliefs. That's why so many bright Iranians prefer to live in the west.

Back
Top Bottom