What's new

Iranian Space program

A careful observer can tell that the launch failed and the satellite was simply lost, but Iran's policy of only announcing a successful launch can be misleading in this way.
I understand Iran's concern about Western propaganda, but it should still make some honest announcements.

A careful observer can tell that the launch failed and the satellite was simply lost, but Iran's policy of only announcing a successful launch can be misleading in this way.
I understand Iran's concern about Western propaganda, but it should still make some honest announcements.

View attachment 938730

NK test fired Hwasong-18 solid fuel ICBM sucessfully for 2nd time recently. This missile first stage has more than double the thrust of Iran's Raafe solid fuel motor (140 tons vs 68 tons). NK is advancing repaidly in liquid fuel rocket tech thorugh Hwasong-15/17 and solid fuel rocket tech via Hwasong-18. What is Iran doing? Zoljanah exploded last time it flew and simorgh is junk rocket that should be retired after so many failures. Iran should refocus its rocket tech development effort or just shut it down and save the money,time,effort and embarrassment on world stage when its satellite launches fail or the carrier blows up on the pad.

View attachment 938734
2nd test demonstrated that if it was launched at minimum energy trajectory then it would have reached beyond circular velocity thus viable in SLV role if repurposed/adapted for such.

In later years of Rouhani government Iran did consistently admit launch failures

But this is the IRGC military program, makes sense to be less open about it

Iran declares NOTAM here and there throughout the year.
Don't take it too seriously.

We still be launching singles.
The last Simorgh launch carried 3 satellite payloads, although the launch failed.

Zoljanah can also carry 10x 20kg microsats.

Iran is on the verge of this multi-sat launches. The problem is that Iran has been on the verge of these big developments for a very long time.

The last Simorgh launch carried 3 satellite payloads, although the launch failed.

Zoljanah can also carry 10x 20kg microsats.

Iran is on the verge of this multi-sat launches. The problem is that Iran has been on the verge of these big developments for a very long time.

Iran’s first launch was 2008 (?). 15 years later it has yet to attain a consistent LEO launch capability.

Soviet Union and America sent men into space 70 years ago. Clearly Iran has the benefit of 70 years worth of technological advancement to assist it to get satellite launch capability. An IPHONE has more computing power than the entire NASA space program at that time.

Thus the issues must come down to poor project management, low priority on national stage, and funding. I find it hard to believe our engineers can produce Hypersonic missiles, yet struggle with LEO capability.

Iran’s first launch was 2008 (?). 15 years later it has yet to attain a consistent LEO launch capability.

Soviet Union and America sent men into space 70 years ago. Clearly Iran has the benefit of 70 years worth of technological advancement to assist it to get satellite launch capability. An IPHONE has more computing power than the entire NASA space program at that time.

Thus the issues must come down to poor project management, low priority on national stage, and funding. I find it hard to believe our engineers can produce Hypersonic missiles, yet struggle with LEO capability.
South Korea failed 4 times in a row with (1) all the technological advancement you mentioned, (2) magnitudes higher budget, (3) stronger industrial base, (4) no brain drain, (5) massive foreign cooperation and support etc

Safir was somewhat reliable for LEO capability, had a 4/7 success rate.

I agree development has been incredibly slow, obviously. And we all know the reasons for that. But we are one successful Zoljanah / Qaem-100 launch away from the next stage in Iran's space program (the question is just when that successful launch comes).

Its easy to complain about everything but Sitting abroad and doing nothing.
Irans civilian space program was initially developed by a non Military Agency and it was open and transparent.
Iran faced several Problems during Space Program:
1. foreign sabotage which obama and Trump openly announced
2. lack of resources: iran Could not invest linitless ressources in its space program like the USA or cssr did in the 50s, 60s and 70s . But its also about human capital. I guess irgc wich had also very Great missile plans conpetet with civilian space sector for the best human capital.(military program definitly was in need)

I think that civilian space agency is dead for now , they dont have the ressources anymore. I believe that irgc is taking responsibility and is developing its own civilian space Programm. For this after some losses of the civilian space agency, irgc was restructuring something and Development some devices and space missile again nearly from initial stage because maybe in their eyes there are looking for different maybe more efficient designs. So i believe that Irans space Programm will re develop again from another development path.

notice that if irgc have to decide where they have to invest with its ressources (exanple: hypersonic missile or slv) they will give hypersonic first prio.

Back
Top Bottom