What's new

Iranian Space program

What I have on Engines:

This one below is engine for simorgh that some people say in underpowered and should be retired (it is strap on 4 engines together)
View attachment 823497
View attachment 823499
View attachment 823500

Nice, can you gather data on Ist stages of 4 x operational SLVs similar to how I posted the specs of kick stages. You may take the first stages from the SLV list that I posted on the previous page.

no hurry, we are already getting near to our infoslide.

What I have on Engines:

This one below is engine for simorgh that some people say in underpowered and should be retired (it is strap on 4 engines together)
View attachment 823497
View attachment 823499
View attachment 823500

Let me give you example:

Falcon 9 uses 9 Merlin 1D engines.

1 Merlin 1D engine generates about 850 kn of thrust

Simorgh uses 4 clustered no dong engines

1 scud engine generates about 400 kn of thurst if my math is correct.

Thus just from a thrust standpoint (not fuel efficiency, weight, fuel, etc etc) the scud engine Iran uses is less than 50% as powerful as a single Merlin engine.

So unless Iran can cluster 8 Shahab-3 engines together, it’s a useless platform. It cannot be scaled. And clustering 8 engines of scud era design is a headache in itself.

Iran’s space program needs a completely new first stage. Qased that IRGC is using is not it either as that is also very weak.

These are all micro sat LEO carriers Iran is unveiling.

You need the “big” engines that are being tested at Shahrud to be used.

Let me give you example:

Falcon 9 uses 9 Merlin 1D engines.

1 Merlin 1D engine generates about 850 kn of thrust

Simorgh uses 4 clustered no dong engines

1 scud engine generates about 400 kn of thurst if my math is correct.

Thus just from a thrust standpoint (not fuel efficiency, weight, fuel, etc etc) the scud engine Iran uses is less than 50% as powerful as a single Merlin engine.

So unless Iran can cluster 8 Shahab-3 engines together, it’s a useless platform. It cannot be scaled. And clustering 8 engines of scud era design is a headache in itself.

Iran’s space program needs a completely new first stage. Qased that IRGC is using is not it either as that is also very weak.

These are all micro sat LEO carriers Iran is unveiling.

You need the “big” engines that are being tested at Shahrud to be used.
Fully agree..Math is math..Iran has to unveil the the big boy they tested many years ago.I am sure with 12 times increase in ISA budget we will soon see some higher power Lifters..

Guys I need pics of the following. Who can help?

SAFIR 1A/1B/KAVOSHGAR
Ist Stage: 1 x modified Shahab-3 Engine producing KN 365 with Liquid N2O4 /UDMH

ZOLJANAH
1st Stage: 1 x Solid Fueled engine producing 725 KN

SIMORGH

1st Stage: 4 × modified Shahab-3 engines + 4 Vernier’s Producing 1590 KN with Liquid fuel N2O4 /UDMH

QASSED
1st Stage: 1 Ghadr-H engine producing 50 KN with Liquid fuel N2O4 /UDMH

@drmeson ..here is what I have

KAVOSHGAR Sounding rocket (D version and Pishgam that carried a live monkey).
1647573016695.png

1647572927108.png

kavoshgar_type-d__1.jpg

SAFIR First Stage engine(version unknown).
SAFIR.jpg

1647572268921.png

1647571283844.png

ZOLJANAH (solid fuel first stage )
1647571405592.png

1647571003309.jpeg

1647571024190.jpeg

SIMORGH (liquid fuel first stage)
1647571128037.png

1647571149145.png

1647571210764.jpeg

QASED (First and second stage solid fuel)

1647571953469.png

1647571854139.png

1647571687745.png

QASED kick stage (extra photos)
1647572462100.png

1647572527465.png

1647572485216.png

1647572506866.png

1647572653495.png

Last edited:
(enough to strike the zionist entity and certain EU states) are a more significant red line for the US than ICBM's without nuclear warheads.
Can I ask you why Tel Aviv is more important for the US elite than Washington D.C? And what EU states are you talking about? You have also previously claimed that the US elite care more about the destruction of Tel Aviv than Washington D.C. I am not saying you are wrong. But how come Israel be so important for the US elite?

Can I ask you why Tel Aviv is more important for the US elite than Washington D.C? And what EU states are you talking about? You have also previously claimed that the US elite care more about the destruction of Tel Aviv than Washington D.C. I am not saying you are wrong. But how come Israel be so important for the US elite?
In simplest terms, they own them in many ways. The relationship has literally become that of the goyim and its creator/owner/controller/programmer...

It is not actually as important as some think.

Majority of Jewish voters in USA vote Democrat and not Republicans. Republicans ironically kiss Israel’s *** the most.

The concept comes down to the idea of having a regional police officer. Israel is that police officer from 1990 to present day. Before that was Iran under the Shah.

US would LOVE and I repeat LOVE to have Iran back under its umbrella. This was evident by Reagan attempting to establish relations with Iran, but getting shut down by Khomeini and the new Islamic Republic.

Thus the US pivoted to Israel. Since that pivot, Israeli lobbies have grown even more powerful in the US and thus for these pawn politicians to get elected in Congress they have to “pledge” allegiance to Israel.

The reality is none of them give two ****’s about Israel, but their jobs rely on them saying how great Israel is and how much they love Israel.

It is not actually as important as some think.

Majority of Jewish voters in USA vote Democrat and not Republicans. Republicans ironically kiss Israel’s *** the most.

The concept comes down to the idea of having a regional police officer. Israel is that police officer from 1990 to present day. Before that was Iran under the Shah.

US would LOVE and I repeat LOVE to have Iran back under its umbrella. This was evident by Reagan attempting to establish relations with Iran, but getting shut down by Khomeini and the new Islamic Republic.

Thus the US pivoted to Israel. Since that pivot, Israeli lobbies have grown even more powerful in the US and thus for these pawn politicians to get elected in Congress they have to “pledge” allegiance to Israel.

The reality is none of them give two ****’s about Israel, but their jobs rely on them saying how great Israel is and how much they love Israel.
In the case of the American jews and their tendency, i'm totally agree with you.spacially in the swing states like MI

Last edited:
Back into Space topics:..after boosting civilian space budget by 12 folds here are the next steps:

Rebuilding of Iran's "civilian" space program has started :cheesy:

Some important points from the interview with Iran's Space research boss:
1649075606169.png

• 30 issues identified (space related activities)
  • selection of tasks performers will done
  • multiple space related project on-going and will be delivered this year
  • New test facilities with specific emphasis on propulsion is give highest national importance
  • Augmentation of current test facilities
  • Participation of Private sector
  • Transfer of space technology to other Iranian Industry

Last edited:
Back into Space topics:..after boosting civilian space budget by 12 folds here are the next steps:

Rebuilding of Iran's "civilian" space program has started :cheesy:

Some important points from the interview with Iran's Space research boss:
View attachment 830435
  • 30 issues identified (space related activities)
  • selection of tasks performers will done
  • multiple space related project on-going and will be delivered this year
  • New test facilities with specific emphasis on propulsion is give highest national importance
  • Augmentation of current test facilities
  • Participation of Private sector
  • Transfer of space technology to other Iranian Industry

Really digging Raisi's presidency thus far. Rouhani was a fucking disaster.....

Rohani when he signed the deal, people erupted in the streets and inflation actually went down and Iran had one year of double digit GDP growth. However they put too much emphasis on the west and when they pulled out Iran was left out to dry. The economy contracted for 2-3 years before now its growing again 2-3% and inflation is going down. Now they're also saying that Iran's oil sales have reached pre Trump sanctions levels.

Really digging Raisi's presidency thus far. Rouhani was a fucking disaster.....

Back
Top Bottom