What's new

Iranian Space program

Well I'm not sure if they've "contained" Iran since Iran is likely to go nuclear if the upcoming talks don't work out.

Sanctions do not apply to medicine btw I'm pretty sure about that so Iran call sell and buy anything medical related.

Also the 3.5 billion released could have been related to a country agreeing to exchange frozen funds for medicine or food. In my opinion it's just for show trying to make Raesis government look good

Regardless of the nuclear deal Iran should establish a network of communication satellites and work on hypersonic missiles and an ICBM.

A modified Khorramshahr can already reach London. The next target for Iran's missile program would be Washington DC.

Well, a better question is how long does it have to remain a secret?
Iran-Contra affair didn't remain a secret either. But it did the job for both Iran and the US.

Biden has no political career anymore. The guy is so senile that there are doubts about him finishing even this term.

They will not agree to unfreeze Iran's assets. Why would they do that? They have found a way to contain Iran in the region without war. They seem satisfied with it. It seems that both Iran and the West have reached a new equilibrium status. And both need to adjust to the new conditions.

Iran will be left alone for a greater problem (China and Russia). They will use Iran's oil to lower oil prices at the time of an incoming energy crisis. Iran, on the other hand, will gain some economic benefits as well and it can continue its limited nuclear program at the moment (which is far from an industrialized one yet). I mean, isn't it strange that the Raeesi government says they have released $3.5B of Iran's assets in several countries? Or how suddenly Iran received over a 100 million doses of vaccines from China? Or how Eni was caught importing oil from Iran? Or how Iran has not started the reconstruction of the IR-40 nuclear reactor yet? All considering that Iran apparently seems to have turned its back on the nuclear negotiations, is against joining the FATF, and the new government is a hardliner. Something is going on behind the curtain.

The assassination of the group also frightened the SL and prevented him from increasing the range of the BM's. There was a supposed video leak of SL himself personally admitting stopping the ICBM and other long range projects claiming ''I did not allow increased range''... When the group of military officials present asking ''Why'' he simply said ''Due to reasons''.

Is there any evidence for this suggestion? Many things are said to have supposedly taken place in Iran, but such undocumented claims are usually baseless. Also, Iran's limit on its ballistic missile range predates the accident which martyred Tehrani Moghaddam and his team (to my knowledge there's no proof that it was sabotage). Yet with the Khorramshahr missile, put into service after the accident in question, Iran extended that same limit.

You should tell that to Ali Younesi, Iran's former intelligence minister who claims the level of infiltration is too high and the officials should fear for their lives.

No need to really, because Younesi is part of the liberal camp and his statement above is to be interpreted in the same manner as Zarif's uninformed claim about the US being able to neutralize Iran's entire armed forces with "one strike"... Textbook reformist / moderate fearmongering intended to push forward their agenda of limitless concessions to the west in exchange for some "deal". This is political demagogy for domestic political purposes in the framework of factional competition, and not to be read into very much.

Well I'm not sure if they've "contained" Iran since Iran is likely to go nuclear if the upcoming talks don't work out.

Sanctions do not apply to medicine btw I'm pretty sure about that so Iran call sell and buy anything medical related.

Also the 3.5 billion released could have been related to a country agreeing to exchange frozen funds for medicine or food. In my opinion it's just for show trying to make Raesis government look good

Regardless of the nuclear deal Iran should establish a network of communication satellites and work on hypersonic missiles and an ICBM.

A modified Khorramshahr can already reach London. The next target for Iran's missile program would be Washington DC.
Yes, but a nuclear Iran will not change things in our favor rapidly. Iran is losing tremendous amount of money in exports.

Yes. Sanctions do not directly target medical imports, but since Iranian banks cannot transfer money to pharmaceutical companies, it is extremely difficult, sometimes impossible, for Iran to import medicines it cannot produce locally.

It is kind of hard to believe that a country is paying us back with food and medicine for $3.5B. That's a lot of money for food and medicine.

By the way, today I read that an Iranian official said that they were looking for ways to import new passenger planes. That immediately reminded me of what you said. It seems that the Biden administration has eased Iran sanctions.

For a country the size of Iran $3.5 billion is not that much for food and medicine.

Think about it China charges $12 per dose for their Covid vaccine

10 million doses would cost Iran $120 million and Iran needs $120 million does to vaccinate the entire eligible population, not including children and teens.

So if Iran were to purchase all its required vaccines from China that would cost $1.44 billion, that's not including the cost of transport, booster shots and vaccines for children and teens.

So add to that all the medicine, rice, wheat, barley, etc required by Iran's population and $3.5 billion is not that much for 85 million people with a young population.

I might be inclined to believe the theory that Biden had eased sanctions on Iran in secret BUT recently the US seized or tried to seize an Iranian tanker so for that reason among others I'm skeptical.

Anyways in regards to vaccines you have to consider the fact that Iran is also buying locally made vaccines for around $7-8 per dose and Russian vaccines for $10 per dose.

Also Iran is starting export vaccines so the revenue generated will lessen the burden for the government. All together if the Covid 19 vaccines cost Iran around $2-3 billion all together, that is very cost effective for a country the size of Iran.

Yes, but a nuclear Iran will not change things in our favor rapidly. Iran is losing tremendous amount of money in exports.

Yes. Sanctions do not directly target medical imports, but since Iranian banks cannot transfer money to pharmaceutical companies, it is extremely difficult, sometimes impossible, for Iran to import medicines it cannot produce locally.

It is kind of hard to believe that a country is paying us back with food and medicine for $3.5B. That's a lot of money for food and medicine.

By the way, today I read that an Iranian official said that they were looking for ways to import new passenger planes. That immediately reminded me of what you said. It seems that the Biden administration has eased Iran sanctions.

Last edited:
Is there any evidence for this suggestion? Many things are said to have supposedly taken place in Iran, but such undocumented claims are usually baseless. Also, Iran's limit on its ballistic missile range predates the accident which martyred Tehrani Moghaddam and his team (to my knowledge there's no proof that it was sabotage). Yet with the Khorramshahr missile, put into service after the accident in question, Iran extended that same limit.
Are you talking about the video of the SL claiming he put a cap on Iran's missile range? If so, that video was leaked not too long ago and can be found with a search.

No need to really, because Younesi is part of the liberal camp and his statement above is to be interpreted in the same manner as Zarif's uninformed claim about the US being able to neutralize Iran's entire armed forces with "one strike"... Textbook reformist / moderate fearmongering intended to push forward their agenda of limitless concessions to the west in exchange for some "deal". This is political demagogy for domestic political purposes in the framework of factional competition, and not to be read into very much.
I wouldn't wave everything off as a ''liberal plot''. Such a claim by someone who served as the nr.1 in the intelligence ministry and having direct access to all the relevant secrets is for sure worth paying attention to. Not to mention that even after quitting the intelligence ministry still having contacts with figures inside the secret circles. Comparing Iran's top former spy with some career diplomat (Zarif) with 0 knowledge of intelligence/security matters is a very simplistic take.

Are you talking about the video of the SL claiming he put a cap on Iran's missile range? If so, that video was leaked not too long ago and can be found with a search.

More specifically the described dialogue between Leader and officers. In any case this would not necessarily imply that such a decision was motivated specifically by the martyrdom of Tehran Moghaddam and friends.

I wouldn't wave everything off as a ''liberal plot''.

I'm not thinking of a covert plot so to say, but of straight out politicking in the open.

Such a claim by someone who served as the nr.1 in the intelligence ministry and having direct access to all the relevant secrets is for sure worth paying attention to. Not to mention that even after quitting the intelligence ministry still having contacts with figures inside the secret circles.

This is assuming a former Intelligence Minister will systematically hold back from engaging into partisan politics. I don't think it's the case. The fact that Younessi in the same breath went on about supposed "competition and conflict between the Iranian security services" might tend to support it.

Thus, what i have stated i.e. caution about not crossing US,Israeli red lines is very much valid and confirmed by former IR intelligence minister.

The thing is, assuming they had such a capability, why wouldn't they just make use of it, if not because Iran too has red lines they aren't quite ready to cross considering the costs associated with this sort of actions?

If extending the range of ballistic missiles is crossing a zio-American red line, then what about producing uranium metal, amassing uranium enriched to ever higher degrees? Or remaining entrenched along the border to occupied Golan, launching a special forces raid on a Mossad outpost in northern Iraq, etc.

If extending the range of ballistic missiles is crossing a zio-American red line, then what about producing uranium metal, amassing uranium enriched to ever higher degrees? Or remaining entrenched along the border to occupied Golan, launching a special forces raid on a Mossad outpost in northern Iraq, etc.

Well you are seeing what is happening to Iran in the Golan and elsewhere. Not exactly free reign there. Substantial costs for Iran in damages and personnel.

Anyway there is big difference between having missiles that can hit Israel (Saudi Arabia also has such missiles and Assad was right next door to Israel with the biggest WMD stockpile for decades) and extending your missiles to be able to target US mainland. That’s a big no no. Uranium metal and everything you mentioned is useless without a many nuclear bombs and a means to deliver them to US soil.

There are only 3 countries in the world that are NOT US allies that can target US soil with nuclear capable weapons: China, Russia, and lastly within last few years NK. Pretty exclusive circle.

So yes you can be sure, Iran is aware of US red lines and Iran has red lines of its own that it would hate if US decided to breach. So there is a give and take in geopolitics....Where countries test some red lines and don’t wish to test other more sensitive ones.

Iran’s ICBM program is much like its nuclear program. Research is done to allow the development one day of such a weapon if priorities change, but it’s not like Iran is making a dash for a ICBM. Doesn’t take 25 years to build an ICBM if you are making an all out effort.

Well you are seeing what is happening to Iran in the Golan and elsewhere. Not exactly free reign there. Substantial costs for Iran in damages and personnel.

The costs to Iran in terms of personnel have been very small (zionist dared target actual Iranian forces only twice in a decade), and material damages have been limited.

However this wasn't the point. I was responding to the suggestion that Iran is hesitating to cross zio-American red lines specifically due to the fear that senior Iranian political officials may get murdered, and that the limitation of Iran's missile range is proof of this.

Anyway there is big difference between having missiles that can hit Israel (Saudi Arabia also has such missiles and Assad was right next door to Israel with the biggest WMD stockpile for decades) and extending your missiles to be able to target US mainland. That’s a big no no.

To the freemason- and zionist-controlled US regime, Isra"el" getting hit in a serious manner represents a bigger "no" I would say. And given the way Iran is employing its missile arsenal, intercontinental missiles will hardly be present in sufficient numbers to fit the bill (several thousands would have to be acquired, and I'm not sure this would be considered cost effective enough).

Uranium metal and everything you mentioned is useless without a many nuclear bombs and a means to deliver them to US soil.

Uranium metal and the rest, coupled with existing delivery means (enough to strike the zionist entity and certain EU states) are a more significant red line for the US than ICBM's without nuclear warheads. Hence Iran's decision not to go for ICBM's for now isn't due to hypothetical fear that senior Iranian officials might get assassinated in return. QED.

There are only 3 countries in the world that are NOT US allies that can target US soil with nuclear capable weapons: China, Russia, and lastly within last few years NK. Pretty exclusive circle.

But this isn't related to my quoted discussion with user Dariush the Great.

So yes you can be sure, Iran is aware of US red lines and Iran has red lines of its own that it would hate if US decided to breach. So there is a give and take in geopolitics....Where countries test some red lines and don’t wish to test other more sensitive ones.

Iran’s ICBM program is much like its nuclear program. Research is done to allow the development one day of such a weapon if priorities change, but it’s not like Iran is making a dash for a ICBM. Doesn’t take 25 years to build an ICBM if you are making an all out effort.

I haven't been saying otherwise in my reply to user Dariush the Great. The US is no less cautious about crossing Iran's red lines than vice versa. It's not a one way thing.

Last edited:
More specifically the described dialogue between Leader and officers. In any case this would not necessarily imply that such a decision was motivated specifically by the martyrdom of Tehran Moghaddam and friends.

I'm not thinking of a covert plot so to say, but of straight out politicking in the open.

This is assuming a former Intelligence Minister will systematically hold back from engaging into partisan politics. I don't think it's the case. The fact that Younessi in the same breath went on about supposed "competition and conflict between the Iranian security services" might tend to support it.

The thing is, assuming they had such a capability, why wouldn't they just make use of it, if not because Iran too has red lines they aren't quite ready to cross considering the costs associated with this sort of actions?

Salar jan, I am not into conspiracy theories. I am more interested in facts. Facts can be easily checked nowadays with the many technological resources at our hands. I.e. a simple satellite footage check would easily disprove many of the grand claims.
In bahs ro nemikham dige edaame bedam chon ke za'af Iran bishtar moshakhas mishe. Baraye aabroo Iran va manaafe melli man in bahs ro edaame nemidam aziz baradar.

Trying to bring back the thread to what it should be:

There is absolutely no news about Space program,,,,Is no news sign of good news to come!..at least we do not hear everyday such and such satellite will be sent up...;)..I think Raisi is not that interested in the space which is wrong in my opinion.hope I am wrong on that

meanwhile this tinny UAE has big plans for the space and to them it does not matter who does the job as long as their name is on it.. HALCON is UAE's company that does all military and space related affairs..all talent and tech is imported but they hope it will turn into an internal Tech generation..it is to be seen..an interesting and experimental approach any way.

1637243721554.png

1637243753269.png

Here is their sounding rocket..I like to see this fired up..
1637244487770.png

Question: does anyone know what is the progress on the Chabahar space launch site..the plan was to have a second space port in there.

Last edited:
Salar jan, I am not into conspiracy theories. I am more interested in facts. Facts can be easily checked nowadays with the many technological resources at our hands. I.e. a simple satellite footage check would easily disprove many of the grand claims.
In bahs ro nemikham dige edaame bedam chon ke za'af Iran bishtar moshakhas mishe. Baraye aabroo Iran va manaafe melli man in bahs ro edaame nemidam aziz baradar.

Hattā age arziābish doros bāshe, ma'nish in nist ke doshman hāzere harvaght delesh khāst maghāmāte Irāno hamintori biād teror kone. Tā hāl tu in chehel sāle va bejoz dorāne avāyele Enghelāb, hargez jor'at nadāshtan maghāme siāsie bālārotbei rā tu Irān be ghatl beresānan. Chon hamin kāram vāsashun hazine khāhad dāsht, va ino midunan. Za'f hâ iektarafe nistan. Dovvoman, in ghazie dalil bar in nemishe ke shahādate Tehrāni bā'es shode bāshe Irān ye haddi vaseye borde mushakāsh taiin kone. Chenin haddi ghabl az shahādate in bozorgvār ham mojud bud va ye tasmime rāhbordie kollie nezām mahzub mishe. Zemnan hamin hadd ba'de Tehrāni bā mushake Khorramshahr amalan gostāresh peydā kard, lotfan farāmush nakonin. Pas in do mozu rabti bā ham nadāran. Inā ke teorie tote'e nist, ettefāghāye haghighie. Bā sepās.

Last edited:
Trying to bring back the thread to what it should be:

There is absolutely no news about Space program,,,,Is no news sign of good news to come!..at least we do not hear everyday such and such satellite will be sent up...;)..I think Raisi is not that interested in the space which is wrong in my opinion.hope I am wrong on that

meanwhile this tinny UAE has big plans for the space and to them it does not matter who does the job as long as their name is on it.. HALCON is UAE's company that does all military and space related affairs..all talent and tech is imported but they hope it will turn into an internal Tech generation..it is to be seen..an interesting and experimental approach any way.

View attachment 794372
View attachment 794373

Here is their sounding rocket..I like to see this fired up..
View attachment 794375

Question: does anyone know what is the progress on the Chabahar space launch site..the plan was to have a second space port in there.
I think that the civilian space program will likely have to be pretty much rebuilt,as under rouhani it was basically left to just fade away,indeed I think a clear example of just how bad things had become was when there was a failed attempt to launch a sephir,and this didnt involve an inflight failure,astoundingly this was caused by a fire on the pad during the fueling operations!!.
On the plus side however,in the last 10 years there have been some big leaps in the rocket motor technology,both liquid and solid fueled,available to iran,so theres really no reason to continue having to use low tech engines like the rodong,plus whatever else iran could scrape up ie verniers from the r27/ssn6,or liquid fueled sam motors or literally whatever else could be found.
Today thanks to the khorramshahr missile iran has access to the r27/ssn6/musudan 4d10 engine.This by itself has considerable potential,and if iran followed the dprks route and used it as the basis for a twin chambered engine with 60tons of thrust that could be used for slvs,irbms and icbms.
A better engine tho`,would be the rd250/paektusan engine,as this not only has over 80 tons of thrust,but is also a simpler design as well.With this iran could produce medium to heavyweight slvs with the capability of putting multi ton payloads into leo.

I love the that crazy uae tel/launcher,its completely batsh!t crazy in its design,whoever designed this is just as insane-in-the-brain as the guys who designed indias tels,if I didnt know better I`d honestly swear that we were dealing with people who had never ever seen a simple tel before.
zelzal-missile.jpg

I honestly wonder why they didnt go for something as simple as this,a box girder backbone type launch rail with a couple,or in this case even one single,hydraulic ram to elevate it to the vertical.:smart:

Hattā age arziābish doros bāshe, ma'nish in nist ke doshman hāzere harvaght delesh khāst maghāmāte Irāno hamintori biād teror kone. Tā hāl tu in chehel sāle va bejoz dorāne avāyele Enghelāb, hargez jor'at nadāshtan maghāme siāsie bālārotbei rā tu Irān be ghatl beresānan. Chon hamin kāram vāsashun hazine khāhad dāsht, va ino midunan. Za'f hâ iektarafe nistan. Dovvoman, in ghazie dalil bar in nemishe ke shahādate Tehrāni bā'es shode bāshe Irān ye haddi vaseye borde mushakāsh taiin kone. Chenin haddi ghabl az shahādate in bozorgvār ham mojud bud va ye tasmime rāhbordie kollie nezām mahzub mishe. Zemnan hamin hadd ba'de Tehrāni bā mushake Khorramshahr amalan gostāresh peydā kard, lotfan farāmush nakonin. Pas in do mozu rabti bā ham nadāran. Inā ke teorie tote'e nist, ettefāghāye haghighie. Bā sepās.
Albate in harf kamelan dorost nist. Bomb-gozari too daftare hezbe jomhuriye eslami too sale 60 ro faramoosh kardi?
Ya hatta hadeseye C-130 ke hanooz yek seri migan dakheli va amdi boode.

Albate in harf kamelan dorost nist. Bomb-gozari too daftare hezbe jomhuriye eslami too sale 60 ro faramoosh kardi?
Ya hatta hadeseye C-130 ke hanooz yek seri migan dakheli va amdi boode.

Khob man ke neveshtam, begeir az chand sāle avvale Enghelāb. Bale, un moghe' ettefāgh mioftād. Shahādate Rejāyi va āyatollāh Ghoddusi, hattā hamleye teroristi be khode hazrate āghā ro ham mishe be in list ezāfe kard. Vali un moghe' Irān tu harjo marj va dargire jang bud, Monāfeghin betore gostarde dākhele keshvar hozur dāshtan va ghodrate bāzdārandegie Irān kamtar bud. Manam hamino migam dige, az vaghti ke bāzdārandegi afzāyesh yāft va ye seri avāmel mesle Monāfeghin khonsā shodan, dige doshman az in ghalatā nakard. Ghazieye C-130 bāzam marbut be nezāmiā mishe, na be maghāmāte siāsi va dolati (age haghighatan kharābkārie teroristi bude bāshe, iani).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom