What's new

Iranian Space program

Huh. Seems to me this is a huge piece of information. I wonder why this is being released.

Its anniversary of his death. And tech he was working on is now a decade old. Safe for release.

Iran’s missile program took a huge hit when that team was lost. Iran was on pace For a massive SLV and the unveiling of an ICBM if that team was alive Today.

But unfortunately when you spend your whole skirting safety standards and laugh in deaths face....you get the feeling you are immortal. Until statistical probability catches up to you.

Its anniversary of his death. And tech he was working on is now a decade old. Safe for release.

Iran’s missile program took a huge hit when that team was lost. Iran was on pace For a massive SLV and the unveiling of an ICBM if that team was alive Today.

But unfortunately when you spend your whole skirting safety standards and laugh in deaths face....you get the feeling you are immortal. Until statistical probability catches up to you.
Wrong as usual, drunk with false info, and pregnant with over the board terminology. Death of a manager slows things down very temporarily but does not deal a 'huge blow' to serious programs. You are not familiar with the risk taker mindset there and have a perpetually 'incorrect' take. He was a cowboy-- a breath of fresh air. Iran has lost leaders for 40+ years and they've been replaced immediately and in lockstep. As an Iranian, I feel deep, albeit undeserved, pride I share blood with these men and and have deep sorrow for their loss. These are not ordinary people and have left a forever legacy for a nation.

Sorry, I won't worry too much if I were you. But I ask that you show more respect. This is big.

Last edited:
You are not aware of their mindset. They seek martyrdom. Everyday they pray it is their last day.

You are not aware of their mindset. They seek martyrdom. Everyday they pray it is their last day.

This is not what martyrdom involves. Longing for martyrdom is neither a suicidal tendency nor a green light for carelessness or recklessness. This same martyrdom culture by the way represents one of Iran's main assets of deterrence against aggression, no less than its regional allies, its missile program, its latent nuclear status. In the social-cultural context of Iran, the readiness of irreligious or atheist folk to sacrifice their well being or lives in defence of the motherland is on average significantly lower than that of their religious compatriots.

With the Pahlavi regime, secularists had their go at trying to develop Iran and its defence sector technologically and industrially. Compared to the achievements of religious minded personnel such as Tehran Moghaddam under the Islamic Republic, there's little doubt as to who came out on top. Finally I would second user jauk in recommending respect for a major contemporary hero of Islam and Iran such as Moghaddam.

Wrong as usual, drunk with false info, and pregnant with over the board terminology. Death of a manager slows things down very temporarily but does not deal a 'huge blow' to serious programs. You are not familiar with the risk taker mindset there and have a perpetually 'incorrect' take. He was a cowboy-- a breath of fresh air. Iran has lost leaders for 40+ years and they've been replaced immediately and in lockstep. As an Iranian, I feel pride I share blood with these men and and have deep sorrow for their loss. These are not ordinary people and have left a forever legacy for a nation.

Sorry, I won't worry too much if I were you. But I ask that you show more respect. This is big.
in that incident it was not only him who died , the entire team was lost and we had to build from scratch

This is not what martyrdom involves. Longing for martyrdom is neither a suicidal tendency nor a green light for carelessness or recklessness.
That is not what i said. Though i should have clarified it further. Statements by those who lost their lives confirm what i have stated, that they can not wait to be martyred. But the proper way and not recklessness.

I would say both the Pahlavi and IR tried their best to strengthen Iran. We can't play the blame game.

in that incident it was not only him who died , the entire team was lost and we had to build from scratch
That is correct as far as I understand. But, again, the Iranian body bears these and shrugs it off fairly rapidly. It's a built in civilizational thing.

My measure is June, 1981 when the entire Iranian power structure was virtuallly decapitated by terrorists (Beheshti et al). This was a day after Khamenei himself survived an assassination attempt. This was in the middle of war and the chaos of revolution. Nothing happened. The IRI carried on without blinking. Soleimani, Fakhrizadeh, Moghaddam, and many many more are the fallen heros on this rocky road. But nothing more.

Saying otherwise indicates a deep and sensationalized disconnect and an engineered take on reality.

Last edited:
That is correct as far as I understand. But, again, the Iranian body bears these and shrugs it off. It's a built in civilizational thing. Saying otherwise indicates a deep disconnect and an engineered take on reality.
It didn't shrug it off so easily . It delayed our space and solid fuel program for nearly a decade.it took times to train and replace those who we lost in that day and I doubt we have completely recovered from that.

It didn't shrug it off so easily . It delayed our space and solid fuel program for nearly a decade.it took times to train and replace those who we lost in that day and I doubt we have completely recovered from that.
That is fundamentally incorrect. Any delays (if any) were driven by political action not technical capacity. Note, how things suddenly changed after the JCPOA debacle. Iran's not a two bit country which gets impacted by one or two people.

1636898549518.png

This is UAEs sounding rocket..Turkey tested her sounding rocket few months ago..Iran did her sounding rocket 20 years ago..
All around us countries are spending $$$ on space...

Where is Iran's next space "event"...it has been long time..does Iran still have a civilian space program...Did not see it in Raisi's plans..:undecided::undecided::undecided:

Back
Top Bottom