What's new

Iranian Space program

View attachment 793271
This is UAEs sounding rocket..Turkey tested her sounding rocket few months ago..Iran did her sounding rocket 20 years ago..
All around us countries are spending $$$ on space...

Where is Iran's next space "event"...it has been long time..does Iran still have a civilian space program...Did not see it in Raisi's plans..:undecided::undecided::undecided:
Thanks to traitor Rouhani, there was almost zero budget for this year's space program.

Wrong as usual, drunk with false info, and pregnant with over the board terminology. Death of a manager slows things down very temporarily but does not deal a 'huge blow' to serious programs.

The one who is wrong here is you. And the one who should show respect is you, if you think that Tehrani Moghaddam was just a “manager” and also you should respect the lives of other people who lost their lives that day. Most of his team was lost that day, basic research would let you know. Further research, would let you know Iran pivoted away from long range BM developments towards accuracy after his death.

As for space program....one just needs to look at space program from 2008-2011 then look at it 10 years later. Program basically died.

And here is another well known source backing up what I was saying

But of course some of the patriots on here don’t want to accept reality or negative setbacks and that’s fine. Live in your bubble.

My measure is June, 1981 when the entire Iranian power structure was virtuallly decapitated by terrorists (Beheshti et al).

Comparing losing politicians, to losing some of your best engineers and visionary scientists working on a brand new cutting edge tech (for Iran at the time), is such a fallacy not even worth explaining.

Compare Apple Corporation under Steve Jobs and Compare Apple under Tim Cook. By both counts both CEOs made the companies very successful. But ask anyone with basic knowledge of tech industry and what Steve did pushing the envelope of development and extracting every ounce of potential and vision out of his team completely outshines what Tim Cook does today with his incremental changes model.

Last edited:
The one who is wrong here is you. And the one who should show respect is you, if you think that Tehrani Moghaddam was just a “manager” and also you should respect the lives of other people who lost their lives that day. Most of his team was lost that day, basic research would let you know. Further research, would let you know Iran pivoted away from long range BM developments towards accuracy after his death.

As for space program....one just needs to look at space program from 2008-2011 then look at it 10 years later. Program basically died.

But of course some of the patriots on here don’t want to accept reality or negative setbacks and that’s fine. Live in your bubble.

Comparing losing politicians, to losing some of your best engineers and visionary scientists working on a brand new cutting edge tech (for Iran at the time), is such a fallacy not even worth explaining.

Compare Apple Corporation under Steve Jobs and Compare Apple under Tim Cook. By both counts both CEOs made the companies very successful. But ask anyone with basic knowledge of tech industry and what Steve did pushing the envelope of development and extracting every ounce of potential and vision out of his team completely outshines what Tim Cook does today with his incremental changes model.

To summarize, your incessant refrain "I won't believe it until I see it" becomes "I see it but I don't believe it" because of ...Tim Cook and AirPods? How terribly disappointing this video must be for you.😊

Last edited:

Well said. The assassination of the group also frightened the SL and prevented him from increasing the range of the BM's. There was a supposed video leak of SL himself personally admitting stopping the ICBM and other long range projects claiming ''I did not allow increased range''... When the group of military officials present asking ''Why'' he simply said ''Due to reasons''.

The enemy does not want to see Iran develop advanced SLV's or ICBM's and unfortunately we do as what they say.

Well said. The assassination of the group also frightened the SL and prevented him from increasing the range of the BM's. There was a supposed video leak of SL himself personally admitting stopping the ICBM and other long range projects claiming ''I did not allow increased range''... When the group of military officials present asking ''Why'' he simply said ''Due to reasons''.

The enemy does not want to see Iran develop advanced SLV's or ICBM's and unfortunately we do as what they say.

There were two long range program developments one led by Tehrani and his “team”. And another led by the missile scientists of Shahrud.

Many didn’t agree with Tehrani’s high risk practices. Some quit out of fear of dying and the lack of safety precautions.

One just needs to look at Iran’s Missile program and notice not a single unique Missile (ex. entirely new family) was developed AFTER 2010.

All we got were upgrades of Shahab family (Emad, Qiam, etc), the final unveiling of a missile that was developed during Tehrani Moghdam’s time (Khorramshahr and Khorramshahr-2) and lastly new generations of Fateh/Zolfigar missiles (Mobin, Solemani, etc).

Meanwhile during that same timeframe NK unveiled 2 MRBMs, 2 ICBMs, one HGV missile, and an Iskander clone among other things.

It’s quite clear the long range BM program took a big step back. Whatever was left was given to scientists at Shahrud to continue developing. We know they have done massive size engine tests on stands. Their scorch marks on the earth are easily seen from space. But at what stage are they at full assembling a large SLV or BM? One can only guess.

Thats BS, in my opinion.
CIA killed hundred of soviet scientists and this not deter or stop soviets to continue on projects and be world class in many fields
It doesnt matter how big of a blow a project gets, in the end everyone is replaceable, even Hasan Moghaddam and his team.
His SLV project was alegedly completed 3 years after his death, so fingers crossed
I hear todays IRGCs youth is very talented and motivated

Thats BS, in my opinion.
CIA killed hundred of soviet scientists and this not deter or stop soviets to continue on projects and be world class in many fields
It doesnt matter how big of a blow a project gets, in the end everyone is replaceable, even Hasan Moghaddam and his team.
You should tell that to Ali Younesi, Iran's former intelligence minister who claims the level of infiltration is too high and the officials should fear for their lives.

Thus, what i have stated i.e. caution about not crossing US,Israeli red lines is very much valid and confirmed by former IR intelligence minister. And no, Tehrani Moghaddam and his team were not just potatoes that could be replaced so easily. It will take many years, possibly decades to recover from such a disaster.

As a consequence of the assassination of Tehrani Moghaddam and his team all long range projects were halted and resuming them has been a real challenge.. for reasons i explained earlier.

There were two long range program developments one led by Tehrani and his “team”. And another led by the missile scientists of Shahrud.

Many didn’t agree with Tehrani’s high risk practices. Some quit out of fear of dying and the lack of safety precautions.

One just needs to look at Iran’s Missile program and notice not a single unique Missile (ex. entirely new family) was developed AFTER 2010.

All we got were upgrades of Shahab family (Emad, Qiam, etc), the final unveiling of a missile that was developed during Tehrani Moghdam’s time (Khorramshahr and Khorramshahr-2) and lastly new generations of Fateh/Zolfigar missiles (Mobin, Solemani, etc).

Meanwhile during that same timeframe NK unveiled 2 MRBMs, 2 ICBMs, one HGV missile, and an Iskander clone among other things.

It’s quite clear the long range BM program took a big step back. Whatever was left was given to scientists at Shahrud to continue developing. We know they have done massive size engine tests on stands. Their scorch marks on the earth are easily seen from space. But at what stage are they at full assembling a large SLV or BM? One can only guess.
Where did the other Immortal go. Come back. Edgier. More fun.
You should tell that to Ali Younesi, Iran's former intelligence minister who claims the level of infiltration is too high and the officials should fear for their lives.

Thus, what i have stated i.e. caution about not crossing US,Israeli red lines is very much valid and confirmed by former IR intelligence minister. And no, Tehrani Moghaddam and his team were not just potatoes that could be replaced so easily. It will take many years, possibly decades to recover from such a disaster.

As a consequence of the assassination of Tehrani Moghaddam and his team all long range projects were halted and resuming them has been a real challenge.. for reasons i explained earlier.
MEM? Come on!

Thats BS, in my opinion.
His SLV project was alegedly completed 3 years after his death, so fingers crossed

Care to link where CIA killed “hundreds” of Soviet scientists?

Most of earlier Soviet programs and US programs were built on Nazi designs and Nazi scientists.

I mean the US space program was built by Van Buren father of V1 and V2 rockets. US got much more Nazi scientists than Soviets since Western Germany was more industrialized while Eastern Germany was more agricultural.

Also just to put things into perspective 1998 Shahab-3 was finally ready for mass production 2008 Sejill 2 solid fuel all new design was built.

Yet we are told since 2013 (8 years ago) that Tehrani’s achievements were completed yet where is the launch?

Instead we got IRGC launching the underpowered Salman rocket with a Qiam first stage last year. Nothing since.

Meanwhile in same 10 years a poor and starving NK went from the terrible unrealiable Tapeodong 2 to a missile behemoth that developed missile from Iskander up to ICBM with multiple warheads.

This is more than politics and Rouhani. Those excuses worked for a few years. Cant Keep claiming that now that rouhani is gone and Iran is in an economic warfare with the US.

Care to link where CIA killed “hundreds” of Soviet scientists?

Most of earlier Soviet programs and US programs were built on Nazi designs and Nazi scientists.

I mean the US space program was built by Van Buren father of V1 and V2 rockets. US got much more Nazi scientists than Soviets since Western Germany was more industrialized while Eastern Germany was more agricultural.

Also just to put things into perspective 1998 Shahab-3 was finally ready for mass production 2008 Sejill 2 solid fuel all new design was built.

Yet we are told since 2013 (8 years ago) that Tehrani’s achievements were completed yet where is the launch?

Instead we got IRGC launching the underpowered Salman rocket with a Qiam first stage last year. Nothing since.

Meanwhile in same 10 years a poor and starving NK went from the terrible unrealiable Tapeodong 2 to a missile behemoth that developed missile from Iskander up to ICBM with multiple warheads.

This is more than politics and Rouhani. Those excuses worked for a few years. Cant Keep claiming that now that rouhani is gone and Iran is in an economic warfare with the US.
Unfortunately, I have to agree with you. But I am going to give Raeesi a year before I come to the conclusion that it had nothing to do with politics. Upcoming JCPOA negotiations will play an important role in Iran's space program. If it fails, we can expect important developments and launches to take place. If it succeeds, they will probably try to not increase tensions over our ballistic program.

I'm guessing that the negotiations will fail since Biden wants to renegotiate and Iran is only willing to rejoin the deal.

If Iran asks for compensation it won't happen. If Iran and the US are willing to adhere to the terms of the deal simultaneously, the deal will work.

I will believe it when I see it but so far the US is unreliable.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you. But I am going to give Raeesi a year before I come to the conclusion that it had nothing to do with politics. Upcoming JCPOA negotiations will play an important role in Iran's space program. If it fails, we can expect important developments and launches to take place. If it succeeds, they will probably try to not increase tensions over our ballistic program.

I'm guessing that the negotiations will fail since Biden wants to renegotiate and Iran is only willing to rejoin the deal.

If Iran asks for compensation it won't happen. If Iran and the US are willing to adhere to the terms of the deal simultaneously, the deal will work.

Iran's conditions are intended to NOT be met. They are the counterpart to Popmeo's 12 point ludicrousness. 'Maximum counterpressure' (!). This is part of Iran's strategic response to the US's transgressions.

Indeed. The US is never going to pay compensation to Iran. Not only that, I am sure it won't unfreeze even our own blocked assets and money in foreign countries. That's why they are never going to accept a verification mechanism. That's just impossible to happen. Even psychologically, the US is too proud to accept such a condition and that will render the US weak in the eyes of the international community.

I agree that Iran's conditions are intended not to be met. They are too strict and unrealistic. They are so unrealistic that they are probably for propaganda only.
However, I won't be surprised if a deal is reached between Iran and P5+1 in silence.
It will be a much weaker version of the JCPOA. Basically, Iran will keep its uranium stockpile but it promises it won't escalate further and the US will ignore some of the sanctions, particularly related to the energy sector, while theoretically keeping them in place for future use.

In case of Iran, that probably means a limit on some of the aspects of our nuclear program like restrictions on employing IR-8, IR-9 and IR-10 machines and giving up the reconstruction of the IR-40 nuclear reactor (which was supposed to start early this year and finish in a short time but we do not hear anything about it). On the part of the US, that would mean that they would allow their allies to import oil from Iran and return our assets to us in silence without media coverage.

We probably already have this covert agreement at this very moment and that's why Italy is importing oil from Iran (even though they claimed it was a mistake and they did not the origin of the cargo) and the Raeesi government recently said that $3.5B of our frozen assets have been paid to us by several countries but they cannot talk about it publicly.

I had earlier posted this very suggestion that Iran and the US should reach an agreement where both sides will covertly agree to a very weak version of the JCPOA and refrain from escalation. @Shawnee said it was a weak deal, but I believe it's excellent for both sides and it is practical. Both sides will keep what they have (nuclear stockpile in case of Iran, sanction regime in case of the US), but they will defuse tensions during the Biden administration. If my suggestion is close to the truth, we will not see any major development in Iran's space program any time soon.

But could they keep a deal like that secret for long ?

Would Biden even risk it considering the fact that if it became public it would be a death blow to Biden's political career?

I don't think Iran would agree to anything unless all of its assets were unfrozen and sanctions lifted so Iran could buy passenger planes and trade openly.

If there had been an agreement then why did the US recently try to seize Iranian oil?

I personally doubt if there is any agreement covert or otherwise.

Indeed. The US is never going to pay compensation to Iran. Not only that, I am sure it won't unfreeze even our own blocked assets and money in foreign countries. That's why they are never going to accept a verification mechanism. That's just impossible to happen. Even psychologically, the US is too proud to accept such a condition and that will render the US weak in the eyes of the international community.

I agree that Iran's conditions are intended not to be met. They are too strict and unrealistic. They are so unrealistic that they are probably for propaganda only.
However, I won't be surprised if a deal is reached between Iran and P5+1 in silence.
It will be a much weaker version of the JCPOA. Basically, Iran will keep its uranium stockpile but it promises it won't escalate further and the US will ignore some of the sanctions, particularly related to the energy sector, while theoretically keeping them in place for future use.

In case of Iran, that probably means a limit on some of the aspects of our nuclear program like restrictions on employing IR-8, IR-9 and IR-10 machines and giving up the reconstruction of the IR-40 nuclear reactor (which was supposed to start early this year and finish in a short time but we do not hear anything about it). On the part of the US, that would mean that they would allow their allies to import oil from Iran and return our assets to us in silence without media coverage.

We probably already have this covert agreement at this very moment and that's why Italy is importing oil from Iran (even though they claimed it was a mistake and they did not the origin of the cargo) and the Raeesi government recently said that $3.5B of our frozen assets have been paid to us by several countries but they cannot talk about it publicly.

I had earlier posted this very suggestion that Iran and the US should reach an agreement where both sides will covertly agree to a very weak version of the JCPOA and refrain from escalation. @Shawnee said it was a weak deal, but I believe it's excellent for both sides and it is practical. Both sides will keep what they have (nuclear stockpile in case of Iran, sanction regime in case of the US), but they will defuse tensions during the Biden administration. If my suggestion is close to the truth, we will not see any major development in Iran's space program any time soon.

But could they keep a deal like that secret for long ?

Would Biden even risk it considering the fact that if it became public it would be a death blow to Biden's political career?

I don't think Iran would agree to anything unless all of its assets were unfrozen and sanctions lifted so Iran could buy passenger planes and trade openly.

If there had been an agreement then why did the US recently try to seize Iranian oil?

I personally doubt if there is any agreement covert or otherwise.
Well, a better question is how long does it have to remain a secret?
Iran-Contra affair didn't remain a secret either. But it did the job for both Iran and the US.

Biden has no political career anymore. The guy is so senile that there are doubts about him finishing even this term.

They will not agree to unfreeze Iran's assets. Why would they do that? They have found a way to contain Iran in the region without war. They seem satisfied with it. It seems that both Iran and the West have reached a new equilibrium status. And both need to adjust to the new conditions.

Iran will be left alone for a greater problem (China and Russia). They will use Iran's oil to lower oil prices at the time of an incoming energy crisis. Iran, on the other hand, will gain some economic benefits as well and it can continue its limited nuclear program at the moment (which is far from an industrialized one yet). I mean, isn't it strange that the Raeesi government says they have released $3.5B of Iran's assets in several countries? Or how suddenly Iran received over a 100 million doses of vaccines from China? Or how Eni was caught importing oil from Iran? Or how Iran has not started the reconstruction of the IR-40 nuclear reactor yet? All considering that Iran apparently seems to have turned its back on the nuclear negotiations, is against joining the FATF, and the new government is a hardliner. Something is going on behind the curtain.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom