What's new

Iranian Space program

10 years to get to 36000 km orbit and the biggest SLV to be operational but president wants it in 4 year and for Chabahar launch site to be ready in less then 3 years
they had to spend money otherwise nothing change there

That's assuming that Iran has cutting edge, world class satellite technology, which is more than likely not the case.

Today a brand new communication satellite might weight 1500 kg to 1800 kg if produced by leading nations. In the case of Iran that satellite might have to weight 2000+ kg but Iran only has plans to launch a rocket with a maximum payload of 1000kg.

This is still a massive leap for Iran considering the fact that the Qased rocket which successfully put the Noor satellite into space last year had a maximum payload of 50kg.

However in regards to putting a 1000 kg satellite into space or establishing a satellite network, I will believe it when I see it.

How-heavy-is-a-satellite-7099-c3a064d5-2a7f-408b-a17e-f73e9f3a9d76.jpg

it was 2000 kg in 2014 each year they have become lighter and lighter

Last edited:
they had to spend money otherwise nothing change there
well I have more detailed road map if you want me to say what they have already done up to this point I will.
That's assuming that Iran has cutting edge, world class satellite technology, which is more than likely not the case.

Today a brand new communication satellite might weight 1500 kg to 1800 kg if produced by leading nations. In the case of Iran that satellite might have to weight 2000+ kg but Iran only has plans to launch a rocket with a maximum payload of 1000kg.

This is still a massive leap for Iran considering the fact that the Qased rocket which successfully put the Noor satellite into space last year had a maximum payload of 50kg.

However in regards to putting a 1000 kg satellite into space or establishing a satellite network, I will believe it when I see it.

View attachment 797388
actually Iran has plans to launch a SLV with maximum payload of 2500 kg to GEO and 21 tons in LEO orbit with its biggest SLV not 1000 kg.

they say we will have the first launch ( probably to 2000 km orbit ) before March 2022

This satellite weighs nearly 500 kg. If Russia sells it to Iran it would give Iran a huge boost.

Russia is preparing to supply Iran with an advanced satellite system that will boost Tehran’s ability to surveil military targets, officials say

Russia is preparing to supply Iran with an advanced satellite system that will give Tehran an unprecedented ability to track potential military targets across the Middle East and beyond, according to current and former U.S. and Middle Eastern officials briefed on details of the arrangement.

The plan would deliver to the Iranians a Russian-made Kanopus-V satellite equipped with a high-resolution camera that would greatly enhance Iran’s spying capabilities, allowing continuous monitoring of facilities ranging from Persian Gulf oil refineries and Israeli military bases to Iraqi barracks that house U.S. troops, the officials said. The launch could happen within months, they said.

Under the agreement, Iran’s new satellite would be launched in Russia and would feature Russian hardware, including a camera with a resolution of 1.2 meters — a significant improvement over Iran’s current capabilities,

Last edited:
I've read that the Simorgh rocket, if used as a ballistic missile, would have a range of 4000 km.

Basically considering everything, Iran almost certainly has the capability to build an ICBM or at the very least a IRBM (3000-5500 KM).

Khorramshahr with a smaller warhead already has a range of 3000-4000 km so it's not a matter of whether Iran can but rather whether Iran will.

Iran space agency has released a road map of its satellite carriers

View attachment 797019

I've read that the Simorgh rocket, if used as a ballistic missile, would have a range of 4000 km.

Basically considering everything, Iran almost certainly has the capability to build an ICBM or at the very least a IRBM (3000-5500 KM).

Khorramshahr with a smaller warhead already has a range of 3000-4000 km so it's not a matter of whether Iran can but rather whether Iran will.
Simorgh is a SLV it will not be used as ICBM, for that mission your SLV should be solid fuel like Zoljanah which has a range of more then 5000 km for ICBM mission and Ghaem SLV which has a range of more then 13000 km in ICBM missions the rest of the missiles if liquid fuel are just SLVs.

Is this an irgc launch?,as I doubt that whats left of the civilian SLV program could even successfully launch a safir at this point.

actually Iran has plans to launch a SLV with maximum payload of 2500 kg to GEO and 21 tons in LEO orbit with its biggest SLV not 1000 kg.

they say we will have the first launch ( probably to 2000 km orbit ) before March 2022

Iran launching a 2.5 Ton capacity SLV to GEO within 3 months? Dude, I don't wanna be rude but at some point Iranians lose credibility and start sounding like Indians when it comes to delusional thinking. I hope I'm proven wrong but I highly doubt it. Iran launches one or two rockets per year...that's not a space program more like propaganda launches.

Again, I hope I am proven wrong Inshallah but.....

Iran launching a 2.5 Ton capacity SLV to GEO within 3 months? Dude, I don't wanna be rude but at some point Iranians lose credibility and start sounding like Indians when it comes to delusional thinking. I hope I'm proven wrong but I highly doubt it. Iran launches one or two rockets per year...that's not a space program more like propaganda launches.

You and me both.

brother you got me all wrong, 2.5 tons is going to be operational in 4 years.

we get another launch this year for 600 kms orbit, fingers crossed

2.5 ton is going to be launched by this giant of a missile with additional boosters

1639604152598.png

1639604098901.png

1639604223986.png

the upcoming launch is going to be launched by this SLV

1639604457747.png

or this

1639604489739.png

Back
Top Bottom