What's new

Iranian Protests

China is world second largest economy. Citizen are free to travel around the world. And best part is, more than 99% do bother to come back becos they have their asset and stable job back in China.

But such cannot be say for Iran which economy and standard of living now are worst off than Shah.

It's evident that you aren't familiar with the topic.

Living standards in Iran improved tremendously since the victory of the 1979 Islamic Revolution. Here's a paper detailing how (which was shared earlier in this very thread):

https://djavadsalehi.com/2018/03/21...ard-of-iranians-higher-before-the-revolution/

Not to mention:

- Drastic expansion of infrastructures (roads, highways, railways, ports etc, all networks multiplied several fold).

- Huge progress made in public education. Whilst the literacy rate stood at less than 50% in the later years of the ousted monarchy, close to 90% of Iranians are literate now, with those who aren't being essentially older people. There were 150.000 students in the higher education system prior to the Islamic Revolution, today some 4 million are studying at Iranian universities.

- Huge progress in the public health sector, with medical tourists from neighboring countries visiting Iran for treatment and so on.

And Iran is leading the Islamic world in scientific R&D:
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/iranian-supremacy-in-scientific-r-d-in-the-islamic-world.739588/

By the way, Iranians are free to travel as well and hundreds of thousands go on vacation abroad.

Last edited:
You can choose to believe becos we have the technology and strong industries foundation that lies also can't refute it.

China might be spared to some extent from these sorts of riots (and yet, we saw similar events take place in Hong Kong not long ago) because it is ruled by a strict one-party system, while Iran is a pluralistic democracy where one of the two competing camps (the liberal one, represented by reformist and moderate parties) is actively working in the interests of the country's geopolitical enemies namely the west, and is seeking to overthrow the political order from within.

Because China implemented efficient internet filtering through a national firewall while Iran didn't. Because China operates dozens of Laogai labor camps, as well as an elaborate social credit system, while Iran doesn't.

Because the propaganda against Iran is about ten times as intense and violent as anti-Chinese propaganda.

If you're going to buy into the hostile propaganda peddled by the mainstream media against the Iranian government, you might just as well believe what the same sources have to say about China, namely that the Chinese Communist Party is committing genocide against Muslim Uyghurs, torturing to death Falun Gong members, turning the country into an open-air prison through mass surveillance and repression and reducing workers and peasants to slaves.

Last edited:
I have to say Iran now is worst than life under shah.
Your China superiority complex reach the level that even make me shudder. Are you a megalomaniac or something? Why even bring China to some topic that is not about China at all?

Your China superiority complex reach the level that even make me shudder. Are you a megalomaniac or something? Why even bring China to some topic that is not about China at all?
Its funny how its other who bring China into this thread and definitely its not me, flip thru the reply and see it for yourselves, I am not a fan of mullah and all the stupid things like banning woman from stadium or woman even need to wear hijab while playing soccer. When you have such stupid things happen. You know this country will not go far.

Iran is screw up and the Iranian are angry over years of depression. And the autocratic try to shove everything under subversion and sweep all aggrieves of ordinary people away. Do u even know why these protest also center around the controversial hijab issue. The stupid mullah law is causing so much distress to ordinary Iranian.

I am not a fan of mullah and all the stupid things like banning woman from stadium or woman even need to wear hijab while playing soccer. When you have such stupid things happen. You know this country will not go far.

Thanks for your concern but Iran has gone far already. Not just in terms of development, since Iran today is enjoying high human development according to the UN and is only four ranks away from the very high development category. But also in terms of restoring Iran's sovereignty, self-determination and independence after centuries of submission to imperial powers, especially under the ousted, pro-American Pahlavi monarchy you seem eager to praise.

And I'm not aware of a correlation between women needing to wear hejab while playing soccer on the one hand, and development on the other.

It won't happen, but if the Islamic Republic were to fall, Iran would get balkanized and what's left of her would cooperate with the west against China.

Seek inspiration in how China conducts its foreign policy, not meddling in other countries' domestic affairs.

Iran is screw up and the Iranian are angry over years of depression. And the autocratic try to shove everything under subversion and sweep all aggrieves of ordinary people away.

There's no autocracy in Iran. Policy is conducted by a multitude of institutions, and every institution is either directly or indirectly elected by the people.

Do u even know why these protest also center around the controversial hijab issue. The stupid mullah law is causing so much distress to ordinary Iranian.

Wow, what horrible distress a simple piece of clothing is bound to cause! The end of the world!

As said by that logic China is committing genocide in Xinjiang, enslaving its workers and repressing the entire population. It's the "logic" of western and zionist propaganda outlets.

Last edited:
you are telling that who lived those years and felt them

There's been inflation for decades in Iran, it's been a chronic issue.

And Iranians are far better off than they used to be under the Pahlavi regime, whether in 2018 when that paper was written which proves it, or four years later i.e. now.

There's been inflation for decades in Iran, it's been a chronic issue.

And Iranians are far better off than they used to be under the Pahlavi regime, whether in 2018 when that paper was written which proves it, or four years later i.e. now.
the paper use data till 2016 and the chronic inflation was not above 40% before that . are you suggeting people income in last 6-7 years increased 40% per year ?

the paper use data till 2016 and the chronic inflation was not above 40% before that . are you suggeting people income in last 6-7 years increased 40% per year ?

I'm suggesting their living standards are way superior than they used to be prior to the Islamic Revolution. And inflation has not been 40% over the past six years.

I'm suggesting their living standards are way superior than they used to be prior to the Islamic Revolution. And inflation has not been 40% over the past six years.
well you are right one year it was 30 %

well you are right one year it was 30 %

It's never reached a yearly 40% since 2016. So you're posting disinformation.

Living standards are superior to what they used to be under the ousted pro-western / pro-zionist monarchy.

Thanks for your concern but Iran has gone far already. Not just in terms of development, since Iran today is enjoying high human development according to the UN and is only four ranks away from the very high development category. But also in terms of restoring Iran's sovereignty, self-determination and independence after centuries of submission to imperial powers, especially under the ousted, pro-American Pahlavi monarchy you seem eager to praise.

And I'm not aware of a correlation between women needing to wear hejab while playing soccer on the one hand, and development on the other.

It won't happen, but if the Islamic Republic were to fall, Iran would be balkanized and what's left of her would cooperate with the west against China.

Seek inspiration in how China conducts its foreign policy, not meddling in other countries' domestic affairs.

There's no autocracy in Iran. Policy is conducted by a multitude of institutions, and every institution is either directly or indirectly elected by the people.

Wow, what horrible distress a simple piece of clothing is bound to cause! The end of the world!

As said by that logic China is committing genocide in Xinjiang, enslaving its workers and repressing the entire population. It's the "logic" of western and zionist propaganda outlets.
So u agree with stupid law like banning woman from watching soccer from stadium? And woman need to wear hijab when playing physical sport like basketball and soccer? I didnt malign Iran, all these stupid rules still exist.

Mark by words, Islamic republic of Iran will fall and they already lost the mandate of his people if they still do not reform and continue such oppressive and illogical regulation.

So u agree with stupid law like banning woman from watching soccer from stadium? And woman need to wear hijab when playing physical sport like basketball and soccer? I didnt malign Iran, all these stupid rules still exist.

My opinion is secondary, the point being that this law should not be a reason to long for an overthrow of the entire political system, nor to resort to violence against public authorities. Soundly thinking and mentally stable persons at least won't put at risk their nation's collective safety, its independence and every other benefit they enjoy for a side issue like this.

Also, what may seem stupid to some may seem welcome to others, depending on the cultural context.

Mark by words, Islamic republic of Iran will fall and they already lost the mandate of his people if they still do not reform and continue such oppressive and illogical regulation.

Those rioters aren't even close to being the majority.

And you're overestimating the objective relevance a dress code may have to public opinion while vastly underestimating the impact of massive propaganda Iranians are being subjected to at the hands of NATO regimes.

If it's not the dress code, it'll be something else and the outcome will be the same. The Islamic Republic is being targeted and demonized for its independence and for standing up to the zio-American empire.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom