What's new

Iranian passenger plane with 66 people crashes midflight, airline says no survivors

Just one question why are these human errors only happening with ATR?

Are you trying to push an agenda here?

The engine being used by ATR is faulty and is known for failing in flight ask any ATR pilots.

The same happens with other aircrafts.

The engine used by ATR is a turboprop. Its not faulty at all, infact it is the most reliable turboprop avaivable. Turboprops are complex. If this engine is too complex for some airlines, they should not order the aircraft.

The same happens with other aircrafts.

The engine used by ATR is a turboprop. Its not faulty at all, infact it is the most reliable turboprop avaivable. Turboprops are complex. If this engine is too complex for some airlines, they should not order the aircraft.

Yes and why the hell is ATR selling an aircraft with faulty engine. I can tell you the exact fault this engine has face in every crash.

What is complex about this engine? hello wake up. Currently Europe is a third world country. This IT age and people now days know every thing.

Yes and why the hell is ATR selling an aircraft with faulty engine. I can tell you the exact fault this engine has face in every crash.

What is complex about this engine? hello wake up. Currently Europe is a third world country. This IT age and people now days know every thing.

How is an engine faulty when pilots change the flight path, fly below minimum altitude and unplug the warning systems until they fly into a mountain?

That said, i dont discuss this topic with someoe who has no clue about aircrafts.

Beside that Europe is a continent, not a country. And its the richest continent btw with the worlds highest standards.

If you dont like ATR, then dont buy it. We dont need some 3rd world countries as customers. ATR has very good sales worldwide.

Every year in last 5 years ATR has crashed this is the 2018 second month and ATR crashed again. Come man just to make sales on ATR you people need to stop selling this flying coffin and start caring about human life. Investigation should be launched into ATR immediately. for 5 consecutive years is not a coincident. You cannot blame human error every time. ATR pays the investigators and makes sales on this flying coffin.

A faulty product should not be allowed to be sold on the market.

while its true that ATRs MIGHT be safe if everything around them is done PERFECTLY.

its obvious from their record that they are inherently a dangerous plane. There seems to be very little room for mistake with these. That doesn't seem to be the case with conventional jets. you can get away with a lot more maintenance lapses on those. and it usually has to be a combination of failures for those things to crash.

given irans record on maintenance, sanctions and safety. the decision to buy ATR planes doesn't look like it makes much sense to me. might as well pay a little more and go for the safe option.

RIP to the victims. one of the worst deaths imaginable to me. I had never been scared of flying until one unfortunate day that I got TRICKED into flying some old flying coffin Russian plane (I believe it was a loaner tupolev)

I specifically requested iran air from the agent, knowing iran air operated the safest planes in iran. And she gave me "iran air tour" that apparently had these loaner planes with the Russian flags still on them (I believe the pilots may have been Russian as well) . immediately I had a bad feeling about it, almost didn't even get on the planes. the whole time I had a death grip on the seat infront of me and that thing was vibrating, and hitting major turbulence that temporarily knocked the lights out sometimes. Just a terrifying experience to be honest.

This is what happens when people are not held to account after a crash.nothing changes and crashes happen again and again. until some of these managers are thrown in jail for criminal negligence, (or at least fired) nothing will ever change in my opinion.

while its true that ATRs MIGHT be safe if everything around them is done PERFECTLY.

its obvious from their record that they are inherently a dangerous plane. There seems to be very little room for mistake with these. That doesn't seem to be the case with conventional jets. you can get away with a lot more maintenance lapses on those. and it usually has to be a combination of failures for those things to crash.

given irans record on maintenance, sanctions and safety. the decision to buy ATR planes doesn't look like it makes much sense to me. might as well pay a little more and go for the safe option.

RIP to the victims. one of the worst deaths imaginable to me. I had never been scared of flying until one unfortunate day that I got TRICKED into flying some old flying coffin Russian plane (I believe it was a loaner tupolev)

I specifically requested iran air from the agent, knowing iran air operated the safest planes in iran. And she gave me "iran air tour" that apparently had these loaner planes with the Russian flags still on them (I believe the pilots may have been Russian as well) . immediately I had a bad feeling about it, almost didn't even get on the planes. the whole time I had a death grip on the seat infront of me and that thing was vibrating, and hitting major turbulence that temporarily knocked the lights out sometimes. Just a terrifying experience to be honest.

This is what happens when people are not held to account after a crash.nothing changes and crashes happen again and again. until some of these managers are thrown in jail for criminal negligence, (or at least fired) nothing will ever change in my opinion.

ATR is a turboprop. It can do things that jets cant do. It accelerates faster, can take off at shorter runways ect.

But turboprop engines are very complex and demand good maintenance

Every year in last 5 years ATR has crashed this is the 2018 second month and ATR crashed again. Come man just to make sales on ATR you people need to stop selling this flying coffin and start caring about human life. Investigation should be launched into ATR immediately. for 5 consecutive years is not a coincident. You cannot blame human error every time. ATR pays the investigators and makes sales on this flying coffin.

Its not faulty. Now go away. ATR is a great aircraft and i love to fly with it from Milano to Munich

Netanyahu sends condolences to Iranians over deadly plane crash

“I take this opportunity to send condolences to the families of the 66 civilians that lost their lives in the plane accident today,” Netanyahu said at the Munich Security Conference.

“We have no quarrel with the people of Iran, only with the regime that torments them,” he added.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/netanyahu-sends-condolences-to-iranians-over-deadly-plane-crash/

its too soon for blame game , first lets find out cause of crash .

UN Secretary-General Offers Condolences Over Passenger Plane Crash in Iran

UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has expressed condolences over the crash of a passenger plane in Iran's central Isfahan province, the official's Deputy Spokesman Farhan Haq said in statement late on Sunday.

“The Secretary-General was deeply saddened to learn of the tragic airplane accident today near Yasuj, Iran … The Secretary-General extends his heartfelt condolences to the families of the victims and to the people and Government of the Islamic Republic of Iran,” the statement, attributed to Guterres, read.

The EU External Action Service (EEAS) has also offered condolences over the accident.

“Today's plane accident in Iran caused the loss of a high number of lives … In these difficult hours, the European Union sends its deepest condolences to the families of the victims and their loved ones,” Catherine Ray, the EEAS spokeswoman, said in statement.

A number of other European officials, such as Italian Foreign Minister Angelino Alfano and the German Foreign Ministry, among others, have expressed support to the families of victims.

https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201802191061790493-iran-plane-crash-condolences-un/

Kuwait parliament speaker condoles Iran on plane crash victims
https://www.kuna.net.kw/ArticleDetails.aspx?id=2692303&Language=en

Georgian leaders saddened by Iran plane cash

Meeting with the Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif at the Munich Security Conference, Georgian Foreign Minister Mikheil Janelidze also expressed his condolences over the plane crash.

https://twitter.com/JanelidzeMkh/status/965168542697119745
Mikheil Janelidze

✔@JanelidzeMkh

Pleased to meet dear colleague @JZarif Expressed deepest condolences on plane crash in #Iran. Discussed positive dynamic in our bilateral relations
1f1ec-1f1ea.png
1f1ee-1f1f7.png
@IranMFA @MunSecConf

http://agenda.ge/news/95870/eng

COAS offers condolences over loss of lives in Iran plane crash

RAWALPINDI: Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa has expressed his condolences on the loss of lives in tragic Iranian plane crash, informed Pakistan Armed Forces spokesperson Major Gen Asif Ghafoor.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/182563-coas-offers-condolences-on-loss-of-lives-in-iran-plane-crash

The one in Canada crashed because it was not de-iced. It was -19°C.

You blame the airraft for a pilot shutting down its engines and the other one that was not de-iced before take off?
they didn't de-Ice the wings or engines ?
aren't modern aircraft have mechanism to deal with Ice itself , because Ice can be formed during flight when you fly through bad weather.

also this airplane was flying through bad weather and I wonder if it was not the case , the weather was so bad that we could not send helicopters there , they even have problem reaching there by ground routes

Each mishap investigation is its own event, meaning any tie-in to any previous mishap is the last resort.

When you begin flying lessons, among the first things you WILL learn in ground school is that %50 of ALL aviation mishaps -- general, commercial, and military -- are human errors. When we say 'all' we are talking about ground to in-flight events, fixed and rotary wings.

http://planecrashinfo.com/cause.htm

The next highest cause is 'mechanical', next is 'weather'. These two categories have gray areas that crosses into 'human'.

Take weather, for example. If a pilot is informed of or encounter light rain, he has the authority to deviate or fly thru. If the rain turns out to be heavier than expected and resulted in a mishap, the event will count as 'human error'. Same with anything mechanical. If engine One oil pressure indicator is fluctuating but Two is not, the pilot have the authority to either fly or call for maintenance. There is practically nothing ground controllers can do about his decision. If the cause turned out to be the indicator itself and nothing about the engine, then the write-up and remedy will reflect that. But if there is a mishap and it turned out to be the engine, then the mishap will be recorded as 'human error'.

Every aircraft has unique handling characteristics, from being on the ground to in-flight. That is why each aircraft in development has to be tested by varieties of pilots with diverse background. Their inputs, ranging from opinions to factual observations, are analyzed and if there is a potential that a certain trait can cause a mishap independent of aircrew actions, that will be investigated. This does not mean there are no genuine flaws that escaped development testing, but the reality is that inherent flaws are actually less prevalent as causes of mishaps than human errors are.

Am not defending ATR here but talking from aviation experience that started before I have a driver's license. I learned to fly and drive in high school. Then came my USAF time on the F-111 and F-16. Modern fly-by-wire flight control systems cannot adequately compensate for what a pilot can do in the cockpit. Collision avoidance system can be turned off. Transponders can be turned off. An elbow turned the wrong way can reduce one throttle but not the other, producing asymmetric thrust that can cause a mishap. When you look at driving, which is a 2D environment, and how much road mishaps are caused by drivers, it is not that difficult to see how human errors are the highest causes of aviation mishaps.

ATR aircrafts are awesome aircrafts.

This specific aircraft was decades old and bad maintenance. It already had a crash landing few months ago.

You cant blame the aircraft for bad maintenance.

This airline is on the blacklist of the EU. I hope they sue it and arrest the ones responsible for this.
Good Aircraft but not awesome.
the ones that crash landed (well it was landing with only one engine) was another aircraft of the same type not this one.
about the maintenance I'm not expert but for several years the aircraft was landed because of lack of spare part and just several month ago they got necessary spare part and make it flight worthy , by the way it seems this particular aircraft before this never had a serious accident.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom