What's new

IRANIAN new fighter jet

Hi, depends what trollism is, I'm not the voice of others but I commented on the first model design as I see it clearly is inspired by F-1/JH-7 and JF-17. As for the rest the aircraft deigns one of it is correctly mentioned as copy of vityaz 2000 russian project.

One of the basic engineering flaws on the first model is adding second Tail but then again it is just a model.

They say it is 10 days away ... so fine lets wait for 10 days.

a new thread is a very good idea... eventually we may get some info about IRIAF's new or upgraded fighters

composites?

Fly-by-wire?

any data link?

any spec for RVC

and concerning the radar;

operational capabilities of modes I mean air-to-air capabilities and air-to-ground capabilities (any DPS, mapping or SAR modes?)

what is the transmitter output power?

GaN transistors?

interval of tracking updates?

any spec about signal processor for instance for any chance is it PSP?

any spec about electronic warfare hardware on them

any RFTF? i.e radar and the electronic warfare hardware can they operate simultaneously ?

what is the MTBF of the radars (upgraded or indigenous) hopfully more than 100 hours...

List goes like that as well. The information to be given all those issues will be appreciated by me as well.

Without coming to a level to develop all those strategic systems/subsystems which makes your "design" put into an X generation aircraft in world class, Claiming development of a new aircraft, especially about superiority of it over anothers just put people' face a smile and You know From your old experiences, Your politicans do it very well.

If you receive all my statements as offence/underestimation, You are certainly wrong. The high tech programs and technologial issues don't proceed wth politicans' sayings but huge engineering efforts based on old experiences and investments. If We don't talk all those engineerng maturation level of Iranian aerospace industry in an Iranian aircraft thread (In order to No to hurt feeling of some blind people who suppose themselves live in dreamland and believe to change anything with an abracadabra games), Where would we discuss ?

So many questions so far, lol
I am waiting for only one thing: 100% indigenous turbojet. No ME country has done that yet.
If 18+ thrust then hats off to you all!
I think the rest of the stuff are, more or less, easier and feasible.

thank God....now we have a mod and useful discussions are available.so as far as people here have less knowledge of aerospace industries,i will open a thread regarding that as soon as possible.

and Main differences between Iran and Turkish industrial achievements are;

-During all those years passed, Turks always talked about Defficiencies, Magazines mercilessly criticize the officiers/institutes, forumers always demand closing some institutes cause of backward technlogical background and R&D failures and Institutes have to give response to media cause of bad argumants. The criticizms sometimes become so baseless that The authors who wrote the articles, are accused as being traitor. Such behavior of Turks drive industry to find the defficiencies in a short time, SSM became more merciless for institutes which doesn't progress on R&D, Institutes have to act carefully, The products developed became more effective.

-During all those years passed, What Iran always talk is How superior Iranian industry, How great technologies Iranian engineers developed, How great and superior systems Iran achieved, How self-sufficient Iran is during sanctions...etc The people who mentions a littile truths are accused as Iranian/Islam enemy. Sorry but Such behaviors doesn't lead you anywhere. If you refuse talking about your defficiencies, You will always remain as a king of your dreamWorld but The real World rules are merciless than your dreams... I hope You will be successfull for all things you targetted...

-During all those years passed, Turks always talked about Defficiencies, Magazines mercilessly criticize the officiers/institutes, forumers always demand closing some institutes cause of backward technlogical background and R&D failures and Institutes have to give response to media cause of bad argumants. The criticizms sometimes become so baseless that The authors who wrote the articles, are accused as being traitor. Such behavior of Turks drive industry to find the defficiencies in a short time, SSM became more merciless for institutes which doesn't progress on R&D, Institutes have to act carefully, The products developed became more effective.

-During all those years passed, What Iran always talk is How superior Iranian industry, How great technologies Iranian engineers developed, How great and superior systems Iran achieved, How self-sufficient Iran is during sanctions...etc The people who mentions a littile truths are accused as Iranian/Islam enemy. Sorry but Such behaviors doesn't lead you anywhere. You will always remain as a king of your dreamWorld but The real World rules are merciless than your dreams... I hope You will be successfull for all things you targetted...

Dude, you are getting off the technical discussions. No Iranian is online here!

So many questions so far, lol
I am waiting for only one thing: 100% indigenous turbojet. No ME country has done that yet.
If 18+ trust then hats off to you all!
I think the rest of the stuff are, more or less, easier and feasible.

18+ what ? Kn or Lbf ?

18+ kn up to 25!

a10.jpg

I have read that they have built it but apparently had some bugs. Even a subsonic jet is fine but they have been trying to copy J85. It is difficult to do though, based on Chinese track records.

18+ kn up to 25!

a10.jpg

I have read that they have built it but apparently had some bugs. Even a subsonic jet is fine but they have been trying to copy J85. It is difficult to do though, based on Chinese track records.

18 or 25Kn don't make any differences If the subject is aircraft development. A small aircraft like F-16 powered with following propulsion systems...

F-16 Block 25 : 105kn
F-16 Block 30: 114 Kn
F-16 Block 50+: 131Kn
F-16 Block 60: 144Kn

Turbojet J85 thrust is:
J85-GE-1 - 2,600 lbf (12 kN) thrust
J85-GE-3 - 2,450 lbf (10.9 kN) thrust
J85-GE-4 - 2,950 lbf (13.1 kN) thrust
J85-GE-5 - 2,400 lbf (11 kN) thrust, 3,600 lbf (16 kN) afterburning thrust
J85-GE-5A - 3,850 lbf (17.1 kN) afterburning thrust
J85-GE-13 - 4,080 lbf (18.1 kN), 4,850 lbf (21.6 kN) thrust
J85-GE-15 - 4,300 lbf (19 kN) thrust

by additional modifications, it will be 22 kn (so far better than basic F16 low bypass).
My background is not avionic or mechanic and I am not an expert but F16 turbofans are different, especially High bypass turbofans which are 5-6 times better. As you said, block 60 (UAE F16) are 144 kN. Better examples are F22 engine F119: 160 kN or F35 F119 variant 180 kN. No one except US can make these engines. US is far ahead of Russia and has spent more than 100 billion $ in its turbofan R&D. China has problem in reverse engineering it.

However, Iranians think those engines are too ambitious for now.
Note that even Turkey has started working on its turbojets starting with (I think it started in Aug 2012):
KALE Turbojet project (SOM cruise Missile family): max. 810lbf (4 kN)
TEI Turbojet project: 1000+lbf (5 kN)
TEI Turboshaft Engine project: 1000+ lbf

It does not matter that much now since thrust does not correlate with the maximum speed.
Also, Note that thrust does not DIRECTLY correlate with the combat efficiency.

-During all those years passed, What Iran always talk is How superior Iranian industry, How great technologies Iranian engineers developed, How great and superior systems Iran achieved, How self-sufficient Iran is during sanctions...etc The people who mentions a littile truths are accused as Iranian/Islam enemy. Sorry but Such behaviors doesn't lead you anywhere. If you refuse talking about your defficiencies, You will always remain as a king of your dreamWorld but The real World rules are merciless than your dreams... I hope You will be successfull for all things you targetted...

What an astonishing piece of analysis that is beyond any doubt so convincingly logical and sound! I am amazed by the countless number of sources and references you have presented that confirms your revolutionary conclusions... since we Iranians are living in a dream world there is really not so much more that we can say... time will tell us..time will tell.. 

look some of you think that if iran for example build j85 , she will stop it right there ! but no it will be just the beginning and a good experience for next engines ! our basic need is at least a 34 kn engine so we can use two of them in a fighter ...
as we have another choice for next engine : RD 33 K . as we have RD 33 in our Mig 29s ..

look some of you think that if iran for example build j85 , she will stop it right there ! but no it will be just the beginning and a good experience for next engines ! our basic need is at least a 34 kn engine so we can use two of them in a fighter ...
as we have another choice for next engine : RD 33 K . as we have RD 33 in our Mig 29s ..
As you said, Klimov RD-33 (MiG 29, ...) is an option but don't forget that even China has problems making that type of engine. Good example is JF17 (98 kN) that China can not manufacture yet.

There are other possibilities too:
PT6, F100, TF30
and the Typhoon 2 chopper engine is to some extent a reverse engineering.

great for iran if its a true news, plane looks wonderful

Back
Top Bottom