What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

Thanks for that. What's interesting is there is no evidence that US navy spoke to or engaged with our navy. Me thinks that they were also merely observing the incident from a distance and did less than what they're making out.

New 4 missile loadout on the ashcm launchers on the damavand 2.
Good to see.
F0V6kvyWYAE4j5R

F0V6lN-XoAAPsLF

Excited to see about final layout of Taftan. It should be like Damavand II. They put the gravity point lower and you can add some more weapons.

Now if only the irin would use these on the moudge/alvand class boats,sadly tho that would probably just be too easy.
Whats the bet that the damavand 2 will probably use the exact same set up that we`ve seen fitted to the shahand,ie two sets of 4 canister 15th khordad sam "vertical launchers".
I mean technically its a "vertical launch system",......right?.:rolleyes:

Now if only the irin would use these on the moudge/alvand class boats,sadly tho that would probably just be too easy.
Whats the bet that the damavand 2 will probably use the exact same set up that we`ve seen fitted to the shahand,ie two sets of 4 canister 15th khordad sam "vertical launchers".
I mean technically its a "vertical launch system",......right?.:rolleyes:
the shahid Suleimani designed from the start for being capable of vertical launch , it have the space needed for that.
but when it come to moudge class they were not designed with that in mind so there is space limitation , what ever they do with design will be jank . honestly I'd be glad if they even manage to use 15 of khordad system in that design, no matter if its not a true vertical launch , the system use better missile than mehrab and have more missile

the shahid Suleimani designed from the start for being capable of vertical launch , it have the space needed for that.
but when it come to moudge class they were not designed with that in mind so there is space limitation , what ever they do with design will be jank . honestly I'd be glad if they even manage to use 15 of khordad system in that design, no matter if its not a true vertical launch , the system use better missile than mehrab and have more missile
What are they waiting for to design something with VLS? They made lots of incremental updates to the design when it proved necessary, I don't see why this would be different.

What are they waiting for to design something with VLS? They made lots of incremental updates to the design when it proved necessary, I don't see why this would be different.
my guess there simply is not enough space there, we must wait for them to build the last moudge and move to some newer design

my guess there simply is not enough space there, we must wait for them to build the last moudge and move to some newer design
Why must they stick to Mouj class plans if they have new information / abilities? It doesn't make sense, hold back all progress to build the last few Mouj class (each one taking 10 years)?

Why must they stick to Mouj class plans if they have new information / abilities? It doesn't make sense, hold back all progress to build the last few Mouj class (each one taking 10 years)?
the last moudge are in dry dock being built for at least 1-2 year

the last moudge are in dry dock being built for at least 1-2 year

Lol show me a Moudge vessel that has entered service in less than 4-5 years in recent times.

Even Damavand-2 is still not ready when it’s predcessor sunk in 2018.

Look at this quote:

On 5 August 2019, Rear Admiral Hossein Khanzadi, Commander of the Islamic Republic of Iran Navy, was quoted (by Jane's Defence Weekly) as saying, "The destroyer has been fully revived and this has been done in 18 months." The admiral also said that the ship would be returned to service before the end of the current year (of the Iranian calendar; 19 March 2020)

Nearly 5 years after sinking it’s still not ready and apparently according to that commander we are 3+ years behind schedule.

Lol show me a Moudge vessel that has entered service in less than 4-5 years in recent times.

Even Damavand-2 is still not ready when it’s predcessor sunk in 2018.

Look at this quote:

On 5 August 2019, Rear Admiral Hossein Khanzadi, Commander of the Islamic Republic of Iran Navy, was quoted (by Jane's Defence Weekly) as saying, "The destroyer has been fully revived and this has been done in 18 months." The admiral also said that the ship would be returned to service before the end of the current year (of the Iranian calendar; 19 March 2020)

Nearly 5 years after sinking it’s still not ready and apparently according to that commander we are 3+ years behind schedule.
Well, they should add "if receive the funds" in their promises, but Damavand is another story, cause it was redesigned, new class of weapons and radars added, new engine rooms and new engines.

Well, they should add "if receive the funds" in their promises, but Damavand is another story, cause it was redesigned, new class of weapons and radars added, new engine rooms and new engines.
Agreed.

Seems to be two main obstacles for IRIN,

1º.- Underfunded branch. The new VLS for Soleimani class it is the last of many examples of amazing achievements that IRIN are not receiving.

2º.- There is not a standard class of Moudge class frigate. All of them are different, and some radically different (Damavand II in front of Talaiyeh). So that takes time to develop, build, test, fit, and test again each system and subsystem.

So, if Taftan retains same layout of Damavand II maybe IRIN can benefit for any standarization or scale economy. Anyway it is not fair to ask small Damavand/Moudge origin class VLS and other stuff. IRIN amazes me day after day, living and achieving new milestones wile growing under the shadow of IRGN.

Back
Top Bottom