What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

I'm seeing chatter the Gatling is 4 barrels, not 3 as I originally posted. Not sure from the pix.
Correction again: There are FOUR separate Gatlings. Number of barrels might be 3 each.

That would be like robbing a police station.

These drones have sensors to alert approaching objects, usually there is a US or allied warship in the area or a helicopter can be launched from Bahrain or nearby military base.

Nobody wants to touch these things. Trust me.

Iran definitely wanted to and did touch them in a very defiling way that would make a ship blush.

Promotional video for Soleimani-class Catamaran.

Not really my style of video, but interesting thing is that submarine launched missile, clearly shows aspirations for that proported submarine (i forgot what it's called) to house SLBMs. Have we seen any sat pics of that IRGC submarine?

with Bell-412 on board
6525003_original.jpg

Promotional video for Soleimani-class Catamaran.

Not really my style of video, but interesting thing is that submarine launched missile, clearly shows aspirations for that proported submarine (i forgot what it's called) to house SLBMs. Have we seen any sat pics of that IRGC submarine?

Iranian sub launched missiles, Jask-2 allows Ghadir and Fateh submarines to launch CMs. In future, Besat may possibly have SLBM launch ability after they increased the tonnage and re did the design.

The variant the US are using is actually the smallest and least capable out of the 3. The website says it costs $3000 an hour compared to a manned ship that costs $30,000 an hour. That's why they're using them, but they are still vulnerable. The upside is that they can collect data for long periods of time without a crew. The downside is that they can easily be seized or damaged by anybody. A bunch of kids in an inflatable boat can use it for target practice. LOL

That would be like robbing a police station.

These drones have sensors to alert approaching objects, usually there is a US or allied warship in the area or a helicopter can be launched from Bahrain or nearby military base.

Nobody wants to touch these things. Trust me.

IRGC will have 12 of these, in case anyone is wondering.

IRGCN is expanding at fast pace. I wonder why they do not go for submarines.
Because IRGC current area of responsibility is P. Gulf and part of Oman sea, there submarines are not on its own, since it is shallow sea, Ghadirs have some usability. So they want first incrase surface fleet of large vessels, that is first requirement for blue water deployment, than you can add submarines. I can bet they have some under construction, I saw banner Long time ago with submarine with VLS tubes, I suppose now when we Know they have Technology, we can expect soon to see submarines with VLS. So they need some supply vessels, some large combat ships and than naturaly submarines.

Because IRGC current area of responsibility is P. Gulf and part of Oman sea, there submarines are not on its own, since it is shallow sea, Ghadirs have some usability.
Oman sea average depth is not that shallow something north of 1000m south of 2000m on average the deepest part is 3700m
so i believe Ghadir always remain option for coastal area and Persian gulf for Oman sea they go with Fateh

Last edited:
As expected (my guess turned out to be right)!!! Shahid Soleimani's corvette catamaran is an AMATEUR.

In the past, before this corvette was launched, many Experts (who were actually Amateurs too) were too proud of this amateur corvette, now everything is clear in their eyes (the blind, pretending to be experts).

This catamaran corvette has a messy design shape, is too forced, has no clear purpose or function, and the main risk is that this corvette will destroy itself because of the wrong design.

Here is my assessment of Shahid Soleimani's corvette:

- This corvette doesn't seem to have a CIWS system it only has RCWS weapons

- This corvette judging from its shape (it doesn't have fire exhaust) probably uses a cold-launched VLS

- The air defense missile carried is most likely the Iranian version Tor shorad (with the number of missiles carried between 16 to 32

- It is also possible that the larger VLS tube section carries 6 cruise missiles (where medium or long range SAM missiles are not possible for the reasons below)

- This corvette does not carry air search radar long range

- This corvette only carries a surface search and navigation Radar, then another one (but this is very dubious) carries the possibility of a fire control radar which has a very small form factor (even the Tor radar and fire control is much larger or even this is about 4 times smaller from the Mark 92 fire control radar)

- The position of the helipad is too protruding upwards and it does not useless as it can make it difficult to get weapons (torpedoes or missiles) onto the helipad

- This corvette is likely to carry 4 Qader and 2 Nasr anti-ship missiles.

- The position of the anti-ship missile launcher tilts to the center towards the helicopter in the parking lot, this is very risky when the missile is launched it can burn the helicopter or soldier or even the possibility of burning the corvette itself if it is made of thin aluminum

The purpose of making this catamaran corvette is not Obviously, its functions seem to overlap, the corvette is too forced to act like a destroyer, thus resulting in inefficient and losing its main function. With this shape, the Shahid Soleimani corvette will be easily destroyed by missiles, fighter planes, drones or even helicopters in the US Navy's MH-60 R class - IRGC-N and Iranian Navy experts have the same level of expertise. With the doctrine of war currently used by the Iranian navy / IRGC-N, it is enough with only one US aircraft carrier to destroy all of Iran's "SURFACE" warship fleet.

As expected (my guess turned out to be right)!!! Shahid Soleimani's corvette catamaran is an AMATEUR.

In the past, before this corvette was launched, many Experts (who were actually Amateurs too) were too proud of this amateur corvette, now everything is clear in their eyes (the blind, pretending to be experts).

This catamaran corvette has a messy design shape, is too forced, has no clear purpose or function, and the main risk is that this corvette will destroy itself because of the wrong design.

Here is my assessment of Shahid Soleimani's corvette:

- This corvette doesn't seem to have a CIWS system it only has RCWS weapons

- This corvette judging from its shape (it doesn't have fire exhaust) probably uses a cold-launched VLS

- The air defense missile carried is most likely the Iranian version Tor shorad (with the number of missiles carried between 16 to 32

- It is also possible that the larger VLS tube section carries 6 cruise missiles (where medium or long range SAM missiles are not possible for the reasons below)

- This corvette does not carry air search radar long range

- This corvette only carries a surface search and navigation Radar, then another one (but this is very dubious) carries the possibility of a fire control radar which has a very small form factor (even the Tor radar and fire control is much larger or even this is about 4 times smaller from the Mark 92 fire control radar)

- The position of the helipad is too protruding upwards and it does not useless as it can make it difficult to get weapons (torpedoes or missiles) onto the helipad

- This corvette is likely to carry 4 Qader and 2 Nasr anti-ship missiles.

- The position of the anti-ship missile launcher tilts to the center towards the helicopter in the parking lot, this is very risky when the missile is launched it can burn the helicopter or soldier or even the possibility of burning the corvette itself if it is made of thin aluminum

The purpose of making this catamaran corvette is not Obviously, its functions seem to overlap, the corvette is too forced to act like a destroyer, thus resulting in inefficient and losing its main function. With this shape, the Shahid Soleimani corvette will be easily destroyed by missiles, fighter planes, drones or even helicopters in the US Navy's MH-60 R class - IRGC-N and Iranian Navy experts have the same level of expertise. With the doctrine of war currently used by the Iranian navy / IRGC-N, it is enough with only one US aircraft carrier to destroy all of Iran's "SURFACE" warship fleet.
1- I can smell asses burning

2- This corvette is the best and most effective of its kind and class and purpose in the world

3- Bigger and more advanced sea monsters coming.

4- I advice you to save your *** for much bigger burnings in future

Back
Top Bottom