What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

Still assuming VLS.
A system of dimensions similar to the South African of DENEL Umkhonto, would have no problems of dimensions.
Then it should be considered whether it is really necessary for this 65-meter catamaran to have VLS, or more simply for example a multiple system equipped with MANPDAS
It will likely be Tor, based on all the statements of it being modular. The Denel is a possibility too, though i'm leaning on Tor or a variant of it.
Or they might have modified the misagh missile for vls.

Still assuming VLS.
A system of dimensions similar to the South African of DENEL Umkhonto, would have no problems of dimensions.
Then it should be considered whether it is really necessary for this 65-meter catamaran to have VLS, or more simply for example a multiple system equipped with MANPDAS

Quite impressive that Iran is building 3 of these new class missile boats simultaneously. I also believe these are being constructed at IRGC-N affiliated ship-building yards and not IRI Navy ship-yards, lessening the burden for other bigger projects that are being worked on.

One can only hope that that large area in the back of the vessel is reserved for VLS cells that can accommodate advanced AD weapons. Would be a waste for it just to be a large helipad (imo).

Still assuming VLS.

If Iran couldn’t equip VLS cells safely on Mowj or rather decided not to (for whatever reason) then it is unlikely a catamaran will be selected for such a job. Especially considering the process of safely storing missiles and moving them into the cells (reloading) while protecting crew.

Manpads are useless defending a ship.

If anything they would have SM-2 air defense missiles similar to Mowj and maybe a CWIS against lower slow moving threats.

Also there is the thinking of why a PG warship would need VLS equipped missiles when the radar and average width of PG is very narrow.

And to those complaining about helicopter pad. It can also hold future Iranian VTOL drones and be installed with catapult to launch Karrar drone or suicide drones as well. So it is a future drone launching pad as well, not just helicopter. Broaden your horizons.

Or having no hangar and therefore the helicopter is not fixed on board, but used occasionally, the flight deck, on the sides above the two hulls, could theoretically also hide some VLS

c1041020a8f8ec64668fb95de159b1f7o.jpg
those are not vls look at china Type 22 missile boat

Last edited:
- Without China's protection the US would have invaded Iran a while ago. -

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo: Whatever !

Iran is enormously capable of defending itself.... I can't wait for Iran to unveil their hidden surprise over fighter jets to end the silly speculation here
Seriously there! Iran should do this, Iran should do this, you're not serious

Iran has absolutely nothing to envy the F-5 Brazilians so stop delirious. On the subject of combat jets, Iran hides their game well and on the subject of engines as well. The Saeqeh was introduced in 2007 and if we count the construction of 3 planes per year with the Kowsar, that gives the figure of 42. This number is a minimum.

If we consider that Iran very much likes to diversify the technologies as in the very diversified drones then we can easily predict that there are different technologies in the F-5 that we have not seen yet. 1 years after the introduction of Kowar, Iranian authorities said there had been great improvement in a short period of time.

It is very clear that Iran is hiding fighter jets with different technologies but I am sure they will demonstrate some soon.

not asking about specific details, but if you say Iran has strong hidden capabilities (F-4/F-5) improvements, what can we expect?

not asking about specific details, but if you say Iran has strong hidden capabilities (F-4/F-5) improvements, what can we expect?

What i read in the news is that Iran F4 and F5 have better radar and fire control now.

Why speculate? Let's wait to see live demos. New radar, new missile, new electronics, better fire control. It wouldn't be surprising if Iran is working on artificial intelligence on its Kowsars. We know Iran are very good at making weird and different technology mixed

General TheImmortal has no intuition and doesn't see the big picture so he laughs like a child. We will see who in the near future was right here. Iran would still surprise us with a mix of genres.:yahoo:

You been talking about these F-4 for last 2-3 years. It’s clear you are nothing more than another Babak Taghavee who sprouts whatever he feels like and tells people it’s facts!

In 10 years you will still be talking about F-4’s Iran is about to unveil. Maybe in 100 years as well....

General TheImmortal has no intuition and doesn't see the big picture so he laughs like a child. We will see who in the near future was right here. Iran would still surprise us with a mix of genres.:yahoo:

It is like "... zwei Seelen wohnen, ach! in meiner Brust...". On the one side he likes Iran and its development, but on the other side he also like the "military manifestos" how things have to be (which are always old and outdated). You can see it with fighter planes. "Iran cant this, Iran cant that, it needs decades" ect., but then he is surprised that the US 6th gen fighter is developed in one year only with computers. But "no nooo, Iran cant do it also" cause "it needs decades to develop a fighter jet".

Wheras we all know that manned fighterplanes have no future and Iran already go the alternativ way with drones.

It is like "... zwei Seelen wohnen, ach! in meiner Brust...". On the one side he likes Iran and its development, but on the other side he also like the "military manifestos" how things have to be (which are always old and outdated). You can see it with fighter planes. "Iran cant this, Iran cant that, it needs decades" ect., but then he is surprised that the US 6th gen fighter is developed in one year only with computers. But "no nooo, Iran cant do it also" cause "it needs decades to develop a fighter jet".

Wheras we all know that manned fighterplanes have no future and Iran already go the alternativ way with drones.

You are comparing a country with a nearly $1T military budget who has literally been the first country to build an airplane (Kitty Hawk, Wright brothers) to Iran with a 15B military budget and whose first jet engine was in the last decade?

Yes I can’t believe I don’t believe Iran can build a 5th gen fighter that fast...probably because it can’t. F-313 Concept was shown off in 2010. It’s now 11 years and one taxi trial.

@VEVAK has already said why such feats are not plausible (yet) for Iran.

No use in convincing fanboys their fantasies are not true.

I got the same flak on the old IMF when F-313 was unveiled when I said the plane wouldn’t be seen before 2020 (earliest). Many on there blasted me and thought by 2015 it would be mass produced.

Now people are awfully quiet about F-313 especially each and every year passes with nothing but another upgraded F-5 unveiling.

You been talking about these F-4 for last 2-3 years. It’s clear you are nothing more than another Babak Taghavee who sprouts whatever he feels like and tells people it’s facts!

In 10 years you will still be talking about F-4’s Iran is about to unveil. Maybe in 100 years as well....

I don't care what you think because your no intuition and no sense of observation. The F-4 SM is very real and genuine. The F-5 is made more technological than you think and it will be demonstrated when Iran wants to demonstrate it. And when that happens, you will lose face and that is 100% certain. Iran is ahead of its announcement process. You're rotten when you talk about a fighter plane

Back
Top Bottom