What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

The Ship was a forward operating base that was doing SIGNIT.

No civilian ship just magically maroons itself in the middle of a sea for over a year.

Commander of ship should be relieved of duty for letting Israeli commandos just stroll up to the ship and sabotage it. Embarrassing. And yes uniformed personnel have been seen on the bridge in the past to confirm its paramilitary purpose.

So back to my original question, how could a limpet mine be placed on this ship when it should be looking out for these kinds of things at all times?

No civilian ship just magically maroons itself in the middle of a sea for over a year.

Commander of ship should be relieved of duty for letting Israeli commandos just stroll up to the ship and sabotage it. Embarrassing. And yes uniformed personnel have been seen on the bridge in the past to confirm its paramilitary purpose.

Theirs nothing about this ship that indicates it's carrying SIGNIT equipment. Please correct me if I am wrong on this, but the ship doesn't seems capable of much besides cargo and logistics.

Theirs nothing about this ship that indicates it's carrying SIGNIT equipment. Please correct me if I am wrong on this, but the ship doesn't seems capable of much besides cargo and logistics.
The ship is lying in that location since October 2019, and has been visited by Iranian ships a couple of times. Also, small fast boats have been seen on deck and around the ship, as well as crew dressed in military clothes.
A normal civilian cargo ship is not staying in a position at sea for 1,5 years. Unless the company doesn’t want to earn money.
so all in all, a mysterious ship.

The ship is lying in that location since October 2019, and has been visited by Iranian ships a couple of times. Also, small fast boats have been seen on deck and around the ship, as well as crew dressed in military clothes.
A normal civilian cargo ship is not staying in a position at sea for 1,5 years. Unless the company doesn’t want to earn money.
so all in all, a mysterious ship.

Interesting, could be a resupply node? or something related to Yemen? But honestly surprised it took them this long to attack it if it's been sitting there since 2019

So back to my original question, how could a limpet mine be placed on this ship when it should be looking out for these kinds of things at all times?

Pretty easy, my guess?

A civilian ship pulls up within a sight’s distance. Commandos with scuba gear and powered underwater propellers make their way to the ship while underwater under the cover of night when most of the crew is sleeping. Set the charges with a timer to detonate in a few hours.

return back to civilian ship and leave the scene

You don’t know what is in the cargo bay of the ship. You don’t know what equipment is installed in the command tower.

And lastly you don’t always need to have fancy equipment for SIGNIT and surveillance.

1617877970768.png

No one is denying that this was a military vessel. And no one is denying the location of where the incident took place.

In my opinion when an incident like this happens to a large military vessel near what could be called unfriendly/enemy waters then someone (a person or organization) was clearly neglecting & in dereliction in the performance of their duties.
Be that a commander that dispatched an ill equipped ship to the Red Sea without proper naval support or IRGC/MOD's failure to properly equip the vessel with the necessary sensor's or a Captain that failed to properly secure his ship and or respond immediately or a Soldier/Sailor that failed in his duties or all of the above.

The incident is no doubt being investigated but the goal of the investigation is not and should NOT be to find a scapegoat to punish but to figure out where the failure came from, address it the best you can to help prevent future incidents.

No doubt this is an embarrassment!

In my opinion If Iran chooses to respond militarily, the response needs to come from the Artesh or at least be a joint Artesh-IRGC OP under the command of the Artesh.
Last thing the IRGC needs is to be blamed by the whole world for JCPOA failures.

Another way IRGC can respond is by arming it's vessel with a significant number of modified armed drones like the Sh-191/Sh-181 which is a more conservative and prudent course of action for now.

There was some discussion back when the Shahid Roudaki was unveiled that the Saviz could not operate the way does were it armed as obviously or conspicuously as the other two heavy ships as it was posing as a cargo for years until recent articles started to call attention to it. Even this is true and the vessel was purposely under armed, there should still be some extra vigilance and surveillance to watch for these sorts of things. On that note, how does a ship monitor these kinds of operations? Would sonar alert the ship to such actions? Would boats in the water at all times be able to spot divers? Maybe they should be extra vigilant when they spot another ship within visual range and have their own personnel in and under water?

View attachment 731998

No one is denying that this was a military vessel. And no one is denying the location of where the incident took place.

In my opinion when an incident like this happens to a large military vessel near what could be called unfriendly/enemy waters then someone (a person or organization) was clearly neglecting & in dereliction in the performance of their duties.
Be that a commander that dispatched an ill equipped ship to the Red Sea without proper naval support or IRGC/MOD's failure to properly equip the vessel with the necessary sensor's or a Captain that failed to properly secure his ship and or respond immediately or a Soldier/Sailor that failed in his duties or all of the above.

The incident is no doubt being investigated but the goal of the investigation is not and should NOT be to find a scapegoat to punish but to figure out where the failure came from, address it the best you can to help prevent future incidents.

No doubt this is an embarrassment!

In my opinion If Iran chooses to respond militarily, the response needs to come from the Artesh or at least be a joint Artesh-IRGC OP under the command of the Artesh.
Last thing the IRGC needs is to be blamed by the whole world for JCPOA failures.

Another way IRGC can respond is by arming it's vessel with a significant number of modified armed drones like the Sh-191/Sh-181 which is a more conservative and prudent course of action for now.

How would a S-191 detect this in the cover of night in a heavy shipping lane?

1617904302674.jpeg

Also using Artesh which isn’t its responsibility he defending Iranian paramilitary ships far outside is borders to “shield” IRGC from blame game is an absurd idea.

IRGC gets blamed if a cloud goes the wrong way in the sky in Israel. So it quite literally means nothing if they continue the shadow war that Israel STARTED...seems some of you forget Israel has been hitting dozens of ships and Iran hasn’t really responded until that Wall Street journal article leaked Israeli sea operations.

Let’s be clear about one thing here. This is not an embarrassment. Only people not used to risking use this word. IRI has always risked it and it has always presented much needed learning curve.
This situation will only propel Iran to advance their military hardware and strategy.
WITHOUT these risks there would have been no learning. Don’t forget where we were at the beginning of the war. We are not gods chosen people with absolute knowledge from the getgo. We work hard for what we have.

IRGC and the IR leadership in general have recently started to warm up a bit and respond in similar fashion. Notice how all the responses by Iran only result in material damage and no human life at all. I guess this will change as well in the future.

IRGC and the IR leadership in general have recently started to warm up a bit and respond in similar fashion. Notice how all the responses by Iran only result in material damage and no human life at all. I guess this will change as well in the future.

Wow 2 ships and a botched IED outside Israeli embassy in India. Yeah Iran really is warming up *rolls eyes*

Meanwhile Israel has conducted dozens of strikes on oil tankers and sea weapons transports costing billions that could have gone to valuable R&D military programs (Air Force, navy, army, etc).

Oh and btw Israeli air strikes targeted iran backed area in Damascus last night.

Iran shouldn’t get into this game when clearly it has no interest in revenging General Allahdadi, General Solemani, and Fakhrizadeh and dozens more Iranians who have died that Iran/Israel dont mention.

Wow 2 ships and a botched IED outside Israeli embassy in India. Yeah Iran really is warming up *rolls eyes*

Meanwhile Israel has conducted dozens of strikes on oil tankers and sea weapons transports costing billions that could have gone to valuable R&D military programs (Air Force, navy, army, etc).

Oh and btw Israeli air strikes targeted iran backed area in Damascus last night.

Iran shouldn’t get into this game when clearly it has no interest in revenging General Allahdadi, General Solemani, and Fakhrizadeh and dozens more Iranians who have died that Iran/Israel dont mention.
I agree there are a lot of cases left to be avenged but you are really naive for swallowing the Israeli narrative so easily. Why would Iran place a weak soundbomb 50-100 metres away from the Israeli embassy in New Delhi? What would it achieve? Finding a group of 10,20 Indians who are willing to smash a truckload of explosives against the Israeli embassy in India is not hard at all.. why would you put a low intensity soundbomb on the streets a few hundred meters away from the target? Use some common sense. Many of these ''foiled attempts'' are fake reporting deliberately injected into the media to blunt a future offensive by Iran. In case you are still not getting it. It's all fake from the supposed assasination of US envoy to South Africa to shooting down McKenzie's helicopter in Iraq they are basically telling Iran through this way that they are watching and should not attempt any attack at all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom