What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

this naval unit looks like a type of RO-RO made in Italy by the Visentini shipyards, in 2019 one of these ships was for sale https://www.apolloduck.com/boat/commercial-vessels-ferry-roro-ferries/570856 .
However, if no modifications have been made, given the original conformation of the ship, from the upper deck it is not possible to go with a vehicle to the garage below during navigation.

64ffa1f043aa4ab649a661b73b379404o.jpg

f91fb45c0f0c032adbf62e7a45cbe3d9o.jpg

3565613.jpg

Gross tonnage : 8.707, DWT : 8.924
Year of build : 1992
Dimensions : 150,00 x 21,60 x 6,11 m
Lane length : 1.150 m, TEU : 536this naval unit looks like a type of RO-RO made in Italy by the Visentini shipyards, in 2019 one of these ships was for sale.
Main engine : Wartsila 12V32E _ hp.: 6.689, Kw.: 4.920, Service speed : 17 Kn

Last edited:
اینا دیگه شورش را در آوردند . نمیتونن یک رو نمایی مثل آدم بکنند . امیدوارم لااقل ارتش ناوش را به یک صورتی رونمایی بکنه که مایه آبروریزی نباشه

بد نبود. هدف نزدیک کردن رادار ها و پهپاد ها بود و هدف به دست اومد

این کشتی شاید مصادره شده از امارات باشه و دیگه به درد باربری در ابهای ازاد نمیخورد و باید نظامی میشد

کلش شاید یک میلیون دلار نشده باشه
خدا بده برکت

Io ed altri utenti abbiamo scritto che nelle foto non ci sono gru per il sollevamento di carichi o per mettere in mare e recuperare le barche viste in plancia, sembra che alcune immagini dei video pubblicati abbiano utilizzato immagini più vecchie, se osservi attentamente i primi secondi di questo video
[MEDIA = youtube] 8XzRtT6Xldg [/ MEDIA]
che sono inerenti alla cerimonia ufficiale, sembra identificare una gru gialla,
edaca7e231ac6368e85388394926c9f9o.png

ad esempio come quelli che a volte vengono usati per mettere le barche

7dc9f74f88f772cf4539abafde2ce117o.jpg

0e8efd8e2fc00548964ce8308537e2bao.png

Last edited:
Video of the ship joining IRGC fleet:

One Nasr missile and that ship is at the seabed.

Will work well in a protected fleet, but alone or part of current Iranian fleet it’s kind of pointless.
this naval unit looks like a type of RO-RO made in Italy by the Visentini shipyards, in 2019 one of these ships was for sale https://www.apolloduck.com/boat/commercial-vessels-ferry-roro-ferries/570856 .
However, if no modifications have been made, given the original conformation of the ship, from the upper deck it is not possible to go with a vehicle to the garage below during navigation.

3565613.jpg

Lane length : 1.150 m, TEU : 536this naval unit looks like a type of RO-RO made in Italy by the Visentini shipyards, in 2019 one of these ships was for sale.

They painted a civilian ship into military colors. Who authorized this?

This is a pointless project.

I was wondering if it may be possible to assign "landing craft" role to this ship.
In addition it may be possible for one or two hovercrafts armed with short to medium range ASCMs to be held in the lower deck. This would be a great force multiplier in conjunction with other shown speedboats.

there is no lower deck

irresponsible to purchase a civilian cargo vessel and convert it for military use, same thing with overusing Iveco and Mercedes trucks for TELs, all it does is create barriers for the commercial use it was intended for.

Very interesting loading bay at the back. The speed boats were on deck for show. They will be moved.....

Screenshot-20201119-123935.jpg
Very interesting loading bay at the back. The speed boats were on deck for show. They will be moved.....

Screenshot-20201119-123935.jpg

I believe they'll be moved as well I just don't see why they felt the need to make that information public.

3565613.jpg

it's the same configuration! one side goes up and the other goes below deck
irresponsible to purchase a civilian cargo vessel and convert it for military use, same thing with overusing Iveco and Mercedes trucks for TELs, all it does is create barriers for the commercial use it was intended for.

UK vessel
1605870624416.png

1605870639125.png

US also used cargo ships as military vessels in Vietnam!

Last edited:
Is it possible this was modified to have an opening that vehicles could turn to access the lower deck while out water? There has to be some modification made to make the lower deck accessible, also where would the boats normally be held during operation, if not below deck? I can't imagine them hanging off the sides like smaller life boats.
Would creating such an opening create structural issues for the tower above it?

I really could not see the antenna for the "advanced phased array radar" that they were talking about in the article. Also in my mind I was questioning the logic behind landing and taking off a helicopter between batteries of naval cruise missiles and a Khordad 3rd launcher truck! Perhaps an accident waiting to happen in the rough seas. The Khordad 3rd system can engage just 1-3 aerial targets before it is exhausted! If the Khordad 3rd launcher fires with the missile exhaust facing the helicopter, then the helicopter will not have a great day!!!!
For all of these reasons, I think this ship needs to go under some modifications which will include the proper radar, vertical launch system for all missiles and also some serious artillery.

I noticed the same thing about the aesa claim and concluded that they must be referring to 3rd Khordad's own aesa, which is a bit dishonest as they are implying something like the asr radar or cheshmeh oghab array. If they decentralized the 3rd Khordad to where its aesa is be placed atop the tower then it would technically be the entire ships radar rather than just the sam system. It would also make sense to place missile in 15th Khordad type canisters and distribute throughout the deck periphery with more than just 3 rounds.
I think all the clutter on the deck and certainly the boats and drones would be below or out of the way somewhere, leaving the Noor/Ghader box launchers, the sam system and the helipad on deck. Also, this vessel cannot operate in the same rough conditions that the proper IRIN navy ships can so the ship will have to be wary of weather conditions and limited by them to some degree.
I am also curious about the price tag of $2.75M and if it would be about the same or less if the vessel were built from scratch in house. Bearing in mind the price was the entire ship fitted out and ready to go...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom