What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

1044484802.jpg
this system is a lot different from a VLS system that is equipped on a ship. a VLS on a ship must be able to withstand higher pressures and temperatures.

Go easy on him..... he's Irish.... he doesn't know better....

Enough said.....
I swear to god,this literally has to be one of THE :crazy:dumbest statements:cuckoo: I have ever come across on this site,and that is actually saying something.
im gonna give you an advice in life, you have to treat people with respect. you cant diss someone if you don't agree with what they're saying. this actually says a lot about your level and about you a person.

Why is it so important to have a helicopter on ship that most modern navy ships waste so much space on it(landing platform + hangar)?

Go easy on him..... he's Irish.... he doesn't know better....

Enough said.....
in a system like the Bavar 373 the tubes are exposed/surrounded by air flow which act as a coolant so the temperature doesn't rise as in a VLS system on ships. also the exhaust gases and the flame exit much quicker than on a vls system since it is open from the under side and has ground clearance and that's why it experiences less pressure. remember exhaust gases and flames can reach upwards of 3000K.

The Persian Gulf destroyer project is still in the planning phases remember. That model you are complaining about is already radically out of date:

Old design

Loghman-frigate-Class.jpg

Latest known Design

main-qimg-9606d4d2f5b85110c51a3075ce376179

The design is still changing and when new systems like the VLS B-373 are made available, they will most probably be included when the final product is a 7500 ton destroyer that will be the flagship of the navy.

I basically updated the work of Sean O'Connor on his blog. The files are still publicly available (though difficult to find, it took me hours). I did not search for any additional sites partly because I don't want to reveal the locations of them, and partly because it would be quite hard to look through all 1.6 million km^2 of Iran.

What are the benefits and costs of having a helo as part of the ship. Particularly two helos on one ship. Why is this needed? Because of VLS to be implemented, that hanger for a second helo might have to go.

What are the benefits and costs of having a helo as part of the ship. Particularly two helos on one ship. Why is this needed? Because of VLS to be implemented, that hanger for a second helo might have to go.
anti submarine capability and transportation.

in a system like the Bavar 373 the tubes are exposed/surrounded by air flow which act as a coolant so the temperature doesn't rise as in a VLS system on ships. also the exhaust gases and the flame exit much quicker than on a vls system since it is open from the under side and has ground clearance and that's why it experiences less pressure. remember exhaust gases and flames can reach upwards of 3000K.

True, but in the end the exhaust gases are still vented out. I hardly think some VLS cells for ship or two are going to hinder Iran. Iran is well versed in high alloys because of its advanced missile industry. Though these are not at the level of super alloys used in jet engines - but I doubt a VLS cell system needs super alloys.

Do you have any source that says ship VLS needs to built out of high grade materials like tungsten?

anti submarine capability and transportation.

@Ivan the Immigrant @Stryker1982

The Persian Gulf destroyer project -.........

main-qimg-9606d4d2f5b85110c51a3075ce376179

The design is still changing and when new systems like the VLS B-373 are made available, they will most probably be included when the final product is a 7500 ton destroyer that will be the flagship of the navy.
my interpretation for to the stern of the ship
hypothesis : 2x CIWS AK-630 + 2x VLS
24-4053881-123658832-4.jpg

Last edited:
A few videos on Iranian made Tungsten items used in Industry (you know, cause Iran has been so Isolated and doesn't have the resources or money to get its hands on Tungsten):

Iran made Oil rig drill bits:

Iran made Tungsten electrode welding:

my interpretation for to the stern of the ship
hypothesis : 2x CIWS AK-630 + 2x VLS
24-4053881-123658832-4.jpg

I don't understand why they call it a training vessel when a ship under this possible configuration would be the best ship we've ever built with biggest tonnage

Last edited:
I don't understand why they call it a training vessel when a ship under this possible configuration would be the best ship we've ever built with biggest tonnage

You just might have answered your own question.

It's Iran's biggest built ship, if successful it will probably lead to further ships of this class to be built.

Well Iran needs to train its navy personnel on how to operate a new class of warships along with possible new technologies (radars, VLS, laser, CWIS, etc) as well as tactics.

So iran may use this warship to train its navy personnel on how to operate larger class warships.

Back
Top Bottom