What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

That sort of wear and tear is not surprising for 11k nautical miles over 2 months without any port stops or calls. It might not even be rust and can be resolved once they reach their destination.

Compare those examples again (including the Makran) and you will notice that Sahand is worse off than all of them combined.

The paint is peeling off the Sahand, the rust is one thing, but the paint peeling off means the paint used was not sufficient for the harsh conditions of the open seas.

I assume Iran will learn from this and Sahand will need to back in for a fresh salt water resistant coat of paint.

Compare those examples again (including the Makran) and you will notice that Sahand is worse off than all of them combined.

The paint is peeling off the Sahand, the rust is one thing, but the paint peeling off means the paint used was not sufficient for the harsh conditions of the open seas.

I assume Iran will learn from this and Sahand will need to back in for a fresh salt water resistant coat of paint.
Unrelated, but I feel that the IRGC-N will come up with VLS ship before IRIN does. I think this is certain.

Why does the Sahand look so old in this photo? Rust and peeled paint everywhere.

Didn’t this just get commissioned recently?
salt waters do that to you they are moving in rough oceans non stop for 2 month no time for maintenance this happens to every ship be it Iranian or not, until they dock in port, they will clean it and pint it in one day when the dock

1627024322034.png

1627024448970.png

1627024498030.png

Last edited:

Sahand is a frigate it's not built to move in waters that 33000 ton ships move in, it's a miracle that she's not torn a part

Sahand is a frigate it's not built to move in waters that 33000 ton ships move in, it's a miracle that she's not torn a part
for what I wrote:
"but this mission has definitively shown that the Sahand 74 also has excellent navigation skills."
__

as far as rust is concerned, if they have paint on board and sea conditions allow it, often some interventions on the superstructures and the main deck are also carried out during navigation.
Indeed it seems that some sailors have overalls, who knows, maybe they are already carrying out some rearrangement work
Screenshot-2021-07-23-10-54-18-048-3.jpg

Last I heard the Makran had caught fire and sunk. Western media made a big deal out of it saying that "Iran's largest navy ship catches fire and sinks". It's good to know that it was retrieved and is even sailing again so soon after the fire. Some people even on this forum were panicking when it happened. I told them, it's not the end of the world.

Is what you write a joke?
Otherwise you are wrong ship, the one that caught fire and sank is Kharg 431

If you can cross the Atlantic with this
View attachment 764519
Then obviously it is not a problem with Sahand either.

Exactly, there are plenty of civilian yachts that can cross ocean.

The issue for Sahand isn’t being able to survive in open water, it’s having the fuel/supplies/maintenance to survive the trip.

If the Makran was not with Sahand it wouldn’t survive. It’s not a blue ocean ship made for such long trips.

Last edited:
Посол Ирана в Москве Казем Джалали сообщил, что эсминец ВМС Ирана «Саханд» и сопровождающее его судно обеспечения «Макран» прибыли в Санкт-Петербург для участия в ежегодном параде, посвященном Дню Военно-морского флота России.
https://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2021/07/24/662929/Iran-navy-Sahanad-Makran-ships-Russia-parade

now it remains only to wait for the first photos
I still can not figure out what all those weapons/FACs are for...so in a crazy thought may be after the parade they may head to Syria or yemen and set up an actual FOB for iranian navy!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom