What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

iPjhTFJ.jpg

MisqfJB.jpg

DyUdaGA.jpg

lol. So I was right after all. The boat is being piloted by a suicide commando who jumps off if he can after setting its course.

I wonder the person who gave this a go. What a mastermind he must be :)

What do you guys think about this tactic?

First of all, we all know how that German missile (and aircraft, as well as jet engine) technology was acquiered and used by all major Allies (including Russia). Moreover, no one denies that.
Second, Himars/AtACMs is not a V2 clone in any way. Current ATACMS is not the direct result of the US getting V2 in 1945. There is no design or direct technological relation. It is a silly and flawed comparison. Had you said e.g. PGM-11 Redstone there would have been some reason to compare. But that is by far less of a V2 clone as e.g. the Russian R-1 (NATO: SS-1 Scunner, Soviet code name SA11) .

V2
Weight 12,500 kg (27,600 lb)
Length 14 m (45 ft 11 in)
Diameter 1.65 m (5 ft 5 in)
Warhead 1,000 kg (2,200 lb)
Wingspan 3.56 m (11 ft 8 in)
Propellant 3,810 kg (8,400 lb) 75% ethanol/25% water
4,910 kg (10,820 lb) liquid oxygen
Operational range 320 km (200 mi)
Flight altitude 88 km (55 mi) maximum altitude on long range trajectory,
206 km (128 mi) maximum altitude if launched vertically.
Speed
maximum:5,760 km/h (3,580 mph)
at impact: 2,880 km/h (1,790 mph)

ATACMS
Weight 1,670 kilograms (3,690 lb)
Length 4.0 metres (13 ft)
Diameter 610 millimetres (24 in
Propellant: solid propellant
Maximum firing range
300 km
Wingspan 1,400 millimetres (55 in)
Flight ceiling 48 kilometres (30 mi)

3. We know Iran got those (a certain model/type) cruise missiles from abroad
4. All we can see it that a booster has been added: we can't look inside the missile, or the Iranian production facility.

So, based on what can be verified, that's where conclusion ends.

I apologize if I hurt your ego and/or national pride..
You didn't hurt anything, I just presented facts to anyone who was saying that Iran just took the HK-RK-55's 60', 70' technologies and added a boaster to it to have this new CM.

You didn't hurt anything, I just presented facts to anyone who was saying that Iran just took the HK-RK-55's 60', 70' technologies and added a boaster to it to have this new CM.
What facts exactly are those (since you only posted a pic of the highly dissimilar V2 and ATACS )? What - if anything - has Iran added/changed on the KH65, booster aside?

What facts exactly are those (since you only posted a pic of the highly dissimilar V2 and ATACS )? What - if anything - has Iran added/changed on the KH65, booster aside?

They look the same too!
You just said in a post above that no one knows what 's inside the Iranian Soumar CM, why are you contradicting yourself?

They look the same too!
You just said in a post above that no one knows what 's inside the Iranian Soumar CM, why are you contradicting yourself?
ATAMS and V2 do not look the same. There is a huge difference in size, for starters.
Atacms_mlrs_01.jpg

HIMARS_04.jpg

6933.jpg

050317-F-1234P-001.jpg

Your point would only be valid if you asked how to distinguish a V2 and the Russian R1.

R1.jpg

v2.gif

You tell me.

Where am I contradicting myself according to you? I asked you about the insides. Unless there is evidence of change inside, the inferred conclusion must be 'no change'.

lol. So I was right after all. The boat is being piloted by a suicide commando who jumps off if he can after setting its course.

I wonder the person who gave this a go. What a mastermind he must be :)

What do you guys think about this tactic?

I'm wondering if he gets picked up after, since you know, he jumps into what is still an active war zone. Also interesting is why they didn't go for automated or unmanned boats, it surely can not be a question of cost!

I'm wondering if he gets picked up after, since you know, he jumps into what is still an active war zone. Also interesting is why they didn't go for automated or unmanned boats, it surely can not be a question of cost!

Yeah, apparently installing a remote controller is harder than building a 5th gen fighter. Not a big deal though since there are millions of people in Iran who would gladly steer the boat to their glorious death.

I wonder if something like this exist in any other military...

Yeah, apparently installing a remote controller is harder than building a 5th gen fighter.
Not at all , we are already producing remote controlled FLIR-guided suicide boats .
Not a big deal though since there are millions of people in Iran who would gladly steer the boat to their glorious death.
when was the last time an Iranian blew himself up ?

turks on the other hand are doing a good job in Syria and Iraq :

Deputy PM Arınç: Around 1,000 Turks have joined ISIL

More than 1,000 Turks fighting for the Islamic Caliphate - SERKAN DEMİRTAŞ

Good luck stablishing an Islamic caliphate bitches :rofl:

not before your countrymen go flying towards heaven . bunch of terrorists .

Time to issue infractions buddy @Serpentine

"Serp, I failed to provoke him by 'proving' why the Turks are bunch of terrorists in a completely off-topic post. So 'buddy' how about you give some infractions to him?"

:rofl:

@Serpentine Be my guest, indulge him further, buddy :)

Yeah, apparently installing a remote controller is harder than building a 5th gen fighter. Not a big deal though since there are millions of people in Iran who would gladly steer the boat to their glorious death.

I wonder if something like this exist in any other military...
And How many people died in Iraq like sitting ducks?
I am pretty sure that you or anyone else when his country is faced by war or an invasion will start thinking about some glorious death too.

Back
Top Bottom