What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

guys recently i was doing some readings about US new strategic strike cannon artillery or SSCA, it allegedly is able to deliver a projectile up to 1600 km away. also as i suspect most of you can be familiar with Iraqi project Babylon, a big artillery with large caliber and super heavy shells and ability to target 750 km away.
this projects have big drawbacks in my opinion, one they are not guided like ballistic missiles, two they are bulky and so not easy to transport, three mostly vulnerable to air strikes and finally four they are not designed to endure to many shots.
but what if manage to build one piece like of them like baby Babylon and integrate it to either a new naval design or khark ship?? it's been said that baby babylon can achieve 750 km range when elevated 45 degrees, we know that Iran navy recently introduced it's pelican VTOL drone that possibly will have maximum line of sight guidance of 150 km at 8 km altitude, we also know that a radar like gabbiano ultralight (50 kg overall) can detect ships at 300 km away (i brought this example up as we don't know pelican's sensors ability) and also we know that we have Persian gulf missile with EO and Hormuz missile with passive and possibly active sensors.
with all the things we know we can say we possibly can make an upgraded pelican 2 with a radar like gabbiano ultralight and arm a ship with that, a ship that previously upgraded with baby babylon like artillery that it's projectiles have sensors like the ones that integrated in PG and Hormuz missiles and possibly weight more than 150 kg and travel at hyper sonic velocities.
with this upgrades we can easily target ships at 300 km away (and possibly further if our pelican 2 can fly higher) with hyper sonic projectiles repeatedly. also it can be used against aerial targets too, like oto melara 76 mm that is a multi role cannon for both defensive and offensive missions.
gerald bull in his calculations considered the muzzle velocity of baby babylon as mach 7.9, this means the maximum apogee of projectile will be 184 km at 375 km away !!!. this means an anti ballistic missile defense system with around 100-200 km range.
also it can be used against enemy infrastructures if necessary with GPS guidance assist.

That ship won’t last a single hour. It will be labeled HVT (high value target) and be swarmed by planes and anti ship missiles.

The concept of long range artillery is nothing new Nazi Germany had a massive one as well as others. The Nazis had there’s destroyed in an era where bombers didn’t have precision guided munitions and had to fly over the target.

Stop looking for wonder weapons they don’t exist.

The irony here is Nazi Germany spent tens of billions of dollars to build wonder weapons, but had pulled all of its scientists off of atomic bomb research at the start of the war.

All Nazi Germany had to do was:
Build the bomb + V2 rocket + target London = WW2 victory.

That ship won’t last a single hour. It will be labeled HVT (high value target) and be swarmed by planes and anti ship missiles.

The concept of long range artillery is nothing new Nazi Germany had a massive one as well as others. The Nazis had there’s destroyed in an era where bombers didn’t have precision guided munitions and had to fly over the target.

Stop looking for wonder weapons they don’t exist.

The irony here is Nazi Germany spent tens of billions of dollars to build wonder weapons, but had pulled all of its scientists off of atomic bomb research at the start of the war.

All Nazi Germany had to do was:
Build the bomb + V2 rocket + target London = WW2 victory.
well it's not much of super gun considering US is building it's own one and once they done that others will follow. also i think US will go after anything they can in case of war so it really does not matter that much.
but the point is it will add long range anti ship capability, long range air defense, anti ballistic missile and ability to suppress enemy air defense to pave the way for ballistic missile strikes or air strikes.
i don't believe such ship would be helpless, there are many things that can integrated in it, several ASW helicopters, several CIWSs hell even several oto melara 76 can easily integrated to such huge ships.
Germans could have those super guns and nukes all together. this concept maybe look awkward at first glance but i assure u as soon as US succeed in utilizing it countries will follow like sheep so it's better to move in that direction now. also it can be a cheap replacement for our ballistic missile stockpile.

well it's not much of super gun considering US is building it's own one and once they done that others will follow. also i think US will go after anything they can in case of war so it really does not matter that much.
but the point is it will add long range anti ship capability, long range air defense, anti ballistic missile and ability to suppress enemy air defense to pave the way for ballistic missile strikes or air strikes.
i don't believe such ship would be helpless, there are many things that can integrated in it, several ASW helicopters, several CIWSs hell even several oto melara 76 can easily integrated to such huge ships.
Germans could have those super guns and nukes all together. this concept maybe look awkward at first glance but i assure u as soon as US succeed in utilizing it countries will follow like sheep so it's better to move in that direction now. also it can be a cheap replacement for our ballistic missile stockpile.

Are you comparing the US navy to the Iranian navy?

You can’t compare China and US armada’s tactics to Iranian navy that is still at Mowj vessel level.

I don’t think this topic needs anymore explaining. Don’t copy your opponent. If you can’t defend a super ship then it doesn’t deserve to exist.

Operation Prey Mantis showed that Iranian Navy cannot defend itself against being sunk.

Even if Iran keeps the US navy out of the gulf. F-16, F-22, F-35 along with tomahawks will swarm that “super ship”
And overwhelm its defenses. Much like Iran would do to a carrier fleet in the PG.

Iran would need a carrier like fleet to protect it. Even then chances of survival is low.

Last edited:
877540_575.jpg

Admiral Rastgari, Head of the Ministry of Defense's Maritime Industries Organization, announced the news of ongoing projects related to the Islamic Republic of Iran's Navy.
Installation of Vertical Cruise Missile Launchers In addition to the Vertical Launch anti-aircraft missiles, it can therefore be said that they most likely are combined hybrid silos.

2- The main mission of the anti-aircraft missile is to engage fighter jets and bombers and .... the Kamand CIWS is in the process of being equipped with missiles for anti-cruise missile roles. of course, this does not mean that anti-aircraft missiles are not capable of engaging cruise missiles, they are probably medium-range missiles and the use of anti-aircraft missiles for anti-cruise missile defense is not reasonable for them in terms of missile prices so the use of short range missiles is more reasonable.

Equipping Damavand_2 and Dena with Eagle Eye Radar and Vertical Missile Launchers, the Sahand Vessel was already equipped with Vertical Missile Launchers by the Naja.

2- Completion and delivery of the Beasat submarine in the next 10-15 years.

https%3A%2F%2Fs3.amazonaws.com%2Fthe-drive-staging%2Fmessage-editor%252F1514453321483-jdjajdj1414.jpg

Admiral Rastgari, Head of the Ministry of Defense's Maritime Industries Organization, announced the news of ongoing projects related to the Islamic Republic of Iran's Navy.
Installation of Vertical Cruise Missile Launchers In addition to the Vertical Launch anti-aircraft missiles, it can therefore be said that they most likely are combined hybrid silos.

2- The main mission of the anti-aircraft missile is to engage fighter jets and bombers and .... the Kamand CIWS is in the process of being equipped with missiles for anti-cruise missile roles. of course, this does not mean that anti-aircraft missiles are not capable of engaging cruise missiles, they are probably medium-range missiles and the use of anti-aircraft missiles for anti-cruise missile defense is not reasonable for them in terms of missile prices so the use of short range missiles is more reasonable.

Equipping Damavand_2 and Dena with Eagle Eye Radar and Vertical Missile Launchers, the Sahand Vessel was already equipped with Vertical Missile Launchers by the Naja.

2- Completion and delivery of the Beasat submarine in the next 10-15 years.

https%3A%2F%2Fs3.amazonaws.com%2Fthe-drive-staging%2Fmessage-editor%252F1514453321483-jdjajdj1414.jpg

15 year waiting for besat :(:( i should pursue an healthy lifestyle hoping to see it.

perhaps it will look more like the Russian "Whirlwind-K", even if this system used missiles to hit surface vehicles or boats, while for the Kamand CIWS they would use missiles for anti-cruise missile roles

XdcQkcV.jpg

15 year waiting for besat :(:( i should pursue an healthy lifestyle hoping to see it.
they are high on something :lol::lol::lol:

perhaps it will look more like the Russian "Whirlwind-K", even if this system used missiles to hit surface vehicles or boats, while for the Kamand CIWS they would use missiles for anti-cruise missile roles

XdcQkcV.jpg

yours looks more like it but sometimes Iran will go for western styles too

a couple of photoshop

zpgCeHt.jpg

eBS9rOk.jpg

[QUOTE = "sahureka2, post: 10951921, membro: 175938"]
Moudge class
LLA3777.jpg

Alvand class
UusN9FL.jpg
[/CITAZIONE]

on November 18, 2018 I had been prescient :-), I just made a mistake on the number of systems installed on each unit :(

10-15 years for a Besat sub? What a joke.

The only explanation can be it will be nuclear powered or funds are severely lacking for more new submarine projects.

I mean it doesn’t even take 10 years to build a supercarrier.
too small to be nuclear powered , i don't say its impossible but it will be absurd and it will be noisy.
by the way it take iran 12 year from Ghadir to Fateh, I think its logical to think that it'll take 10-15 year from Fateh to Besat. what i guess in this 10-15 year we see Fateh will transform into a newer design like what happens to Moudge class ships that each ship add new features .not like Ghadir that every single of them is carbon copy of the others.
my guess is the next Fateh will have air independent propulsion , will be built by newer material that allow it to go deeper it'll have better sensors and such and at the end after those thing become ready one by one they are going to build Besat and incorporate all those in the submarine

too small to be nuclear powered , i don't say its impossible but it will be absurd and it will be noisy.
by the way it take iran 12 year from Ghadir to Fateh, I think its logical to think that it'll take 10-15 year from Fateh to Besat. what i guess in this 10-15 year we see Fateh will transform into a newer design like what happens to Moudge class ships that each ship add new features .not like Ghadir that every single of them is carbon copy of the others.
my guess is the next Fateh will have air independent propulsion , will be built by newer material that allow it to go deeper it'll have better sensors and such and at the end after those thing become ready one by one they are going to build Besat and incorporate all those in the submarine

Fateh (600 tons) to Besat (1200 tons) is not the Big of a technological jump. And Besat was announced in 2008, it is already been 11 years and not even a prototype.

25 years to make a 1200-1500 ton sub is a joke.

I mean to put this in perspective Russia has Typhoon Class submarines weighing in at 48,000 tons. With the way Iran is going it would take them 300+ years to build that.

The Americans don't want them using these years copying the Swedes.

Fateh (600 tons) to Besat (1200 tons) is not the Big of a technological jump. And Besat was announced in 2008, it is already been 11 years and not even a prototype.

I mean to put this in perspective Russia has Typhoon Class submarines weighing in at 48,000 tons. With the way Iran is going it would take them 300+ years to build that.
it was announced in 2013 if I'm not wrong and announce something and then shelf it wont matter that much, the date you start work on it is important

The tonnage has been updated to 3000ton (roughly the same as kilo class).
The bottleneck is most likely metallurgy that can withstand much deeper dives. It can’t be simulated! It requires rigorous and time consuming physical testing. If they don’t have the required alloy today then 15 years is not a bad estimate.

from a metallurgy perspective, the tech jump from a small sub to a kilo cll class sub is much greater than kilo class sub to a nuclear driven one.

Back
Top Bottom