What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

let see if PK accepts as a drill with Iran and Russia and China it sends a message to India

PK has too much Saudi influence to ever be truly independent. Much like Oman, it will never take one side over another. So a PK coalition is dead in water.

Why would Iran need to send a message to India? You need to stop looking for enemies. India and Pakistan’s problems should be resolved between the two countries. Has nothing to do with Iran.

...and i didn't mentioned 35 submarines,...
You do not send 35 submarines. :lol:

When submerged, a sub is essentially blind with only sonar in listening mode to GUESS what is going on around.

When a US sub sails, the sub and crew is assigned an area of ocean to patrol. In that area, that US sub will be the only US sub, so if there are any other sub, the US sub will know that the other contact is a non-US sub. So if there are multiple US subs in the same area, that would complicate identification even if unique sonar signatures are known.

So yes, do send multiple Iranian subs.

Am an air force guy and even I know that. :lol:

when you mistake the ocean waters with confined and shallow waters around Iran, then what remains is the so called weakest condition.

Millennium Challenge 2002 - Wikipedia

lol, it's US military planners who count on hope and speculations!
You cannot replicate the Millennium Challenge and you know it.

PK has too much Saudi influence to ever be truly independent. Much like Oman, it will never take one side over another. So a PK coalition is dead in water.

Why would Iran need to send a message to India? You need to stop looking for enemies. India and Pakistan’s problems should be resolved between the two countries. Has nothing to do with Iran.

the message is from PK not Iran we have been doing drills in Indian ocean for years as we do not have any beef with India, maybe you are right but i really hope they join it will have great effect for us

ELINBwjW4AAbVj8.jpg:large

You cannot replicate the Millennium Challenge and you know it.
We don't need to, Millennium Challenge was a replicate of the situation around Iran and that situation is still the same, though Iran has gained lots of new strategic and military advantages which you couldn't predict back then.

You do not send 35 submarines. :lol:

When submerged, a sub is essentially blind with only sonar in listening mode to GUESS what is going on around.

When a US sub sails, the sub and crew is assigned an area of ocean to patrol. In that area, that US sub will be the only US sub, so if there are any other sub, the US sub will know that the other contact is a non-US sub. So if there are multiple US subs in the same area, that would complicate identification even if unique sonar signatures are known.

So yes, do send multiple Iranian subs.

Am an air force guy and even I know that. :lol:
that 35 subs will sit in the bottom of PG and AS waiting for any ship shows up and sink it, in the mean time our missiles will hit ur bases around while carrier fleet watching.

PB777.JPG

PENGUIN1.JPG

PENGUIN.JPG

ptfmkIIIb.JPG

guys do you know if we have MK III boats or not?? because according to global security we have 20 of them.
https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/iran/ships.htm

Any foreign organisation that keeps track of Iranian military stocks is inherently unreliable because Iran does not publish information regarding this topic outside of domestic military echelons. Only estimates can be ascertained from pre/post-revolution arms orders. Even then certain items can fall under the radar such as the KH-55 samples obtained by Iran from Ukraine in the early 2000s. The rise of a domestic defence industry doesn't help either as it simply adds to the confusion if some items are rolled out only as prototypes, propaganda pieces or intended to be mass produced in large numbers.

well well guys, do you remember that in any military comparison between UAE and KSA people used to say any war between Iran and PGCC will be restricted to missiles and air fights?? well those analyzes are bull crap.
according to the article that i posted above mentioned that Iran has 4 hengam class LCT that each can accommodate up to 15 tank and 227 marines. also hormuz class is able to carry up to 600 tons equipment (same as hengam) and we have 3 of them, however according to them two is employed for mine laying missions so it leaves only one for amphibious attack and the other two capable for it.
doing a little math indicates that in case of war navy can land up to 105 tanks and 1500 marines in UAE and KSA shores.
another fact is we have 7 hovercraft that each can deliver 60 marines, it means in eacg sortie they can transport 420 marines to enemy beaches. also we know that unlike LCT ships they are faster and can do several sorties a day.
long story short it's better for those countries to keep their shore side defenses up because if they can't they gonna loose.

Any foreign organisation that keeps track of Iranian military stocks is inherently unreliable because Iran does not publish information regarding this topic outside of domestic military echelons. Only estimates can be ascertained from pre/post-revolution arms orders. Even then certain items can fall under the radar such as the KH-55 samples obtained by Iran from Ukraine in the early 2000s. The rise of a domestic defence industry doesn't help either as it simply adds to the confusion if some items are rolled out only as prototypes, propaganda pieces or intended to be mass produced in large numbers.
i know i mean the number we bought.

well well guys, do you remember that in any military comparison between UAE and KSA people used to say any war between Iran and PGCC will be restricted to missiles and air fights?? well those analyzes are bull crap.
according to the article that i posted above mentioned that Iran has 4 hengam class LCT that each can accommodate up to 15 tank and 227 marines. also hormuz class is able to carry up to 600 tons equipment (same as hengam) and we have 3 of them, however according to them two is employed for mine laying missions so it leaves only one for amphibious attack and the other two capable for it.
doing a little math indicates that in case of war navy can land up to 105 tanks and 1500 marines in UAE and KSA shores.
another fact is we have 7 hovercraft that each can deliver 60 marines, it means in eacg sortie they can transport 420 marines to enemy beaches. also we know that unlike LCT ships they are faster and can do several sorties a day.
long story short it's better for those countries to keep their shore side defenses up because if they can't they gonna loose.

Iran cannot establish a beachhead on KSA or UAE. Between the two, UAE is probably the most competent military as their troops are relatively experienced versus KSA.

To establish a beachhead you need overwhelming firepower to “push” the enemy further back to allow the Navy a chance to reach the shore.

So your numbers are nothing but theoretical and on paper. In reality a hovercraft is relatively defenseless against anti ship missiles.

Second establishing beachhead is one thing. Maintaining and resupplying is another thing entirely.

For a better example, look at Yemen where US backed forces established a beachhead in Aden in order to reverse Houthi gains which had basically pushed pro Saudi government into the water.

Iran cannot establish a beachhead on KSA or UAE. Between the two, UAE is probably the most competent military as their troops are relatively experienced versus KSA.

To establish a beachhead you need overwhelming firepower to “push” the enemy further back to allow the Navy a chance to reach the shore.

So your numbers are nothing but theoretical and on paper. In reality a hovercraft is relatively defenseless against anti ship missiles.

Second establishing beachhead is one thing. Maintaining and resupplying is another thing entirely.

For a better example, look at Yemen where US backed forces established a beachhead in Aden in order to reverse Houthi gains which had basically pushed pro Saudi government into the water.
well i was just stating the part that we have the capability unlike some analyzes suggest.

Interesting analysis. Thank you.
Also, I believe Iran has submersibles+ submarines that can also deploy marines on shores...might be low #, but probably also highly skilled troops.

We don't need to, Millennium Challenge was a replicate of the situation around Iran and that situation is still the same, though Iran has gained lots of new strategic and military advantages which you couldn't predict back then.

In the Millennium Challnge, they said that the Iranian side has no anti ship missiles.... you can work out for yourself how a real military conflict will end for the US, if they lost in the Millennium challange.

PB777.JPG

PENGUIN1.JPG

PENGUIN.JPG

ptfmkIIIb.JPG

guys do you know if we have MK III boats or not?? because according to global security we have 20 of them.
https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/iran/ships.htm
That reminds me of an interesting website that I came across recently,it was about the 2 usn ww2 sumner class destroyers that the pahlavi era navy purchased and operated,tho what ultimately happened to them is apparently a bit of a mystery.Does anyone here know?
https://wwiiafterwwii.wordpress.com/2016/02/28/the-shahs-sumners/
Its an interesting site,I`d recommend anyone with an interest in the history of the iranian navy to check it out.

Heres a pic of the palang.The most notable features are the original us supplied rim66 "coffin" launchers complete with their front mounted reload magazine,I`m a little surprised that iran never copied this feature as despite its increased length it would have allowed at least one reload for each launcher to be carried.
palang4.jpg

However probably the best feature in my opinion was without a doubt the canadian telescoping helicopter hanger,as this allowed the landing pad to be also used for the hanger.
hangar.jpg

Heres a pic with the hanger fully retracted.
I`m actually surprised that the iranian navy didnt look at integrating its own version of this sort of design onto the moudge class,so I did a quick windows paint to show what it could look like on the latest boat.
3rYfAES.jpg

guys recently i was doing some readings about US new strategic strike cannon artillery or SSCA, it allegedly is able to deliver a projectile up to 1600 km away. also as i suspect most of you can be familiar with Iraqi project Babylon, a big artillery with large caliber and super heavy shells and ability to target 750 km away.
this projects have big drawbacks in my opinion, one they are not guided like ballistic missiles, two they are bulky and so not easy to transport, three mostly vulnerable to air strikes and finally four they are not designed to endure to many shots.
but what if manage to build one piece like of them like baby Babylon and integrate it to either a new naval design or khark ship?? it's been said that baby babylon can achieve 750 km range when elevated 45 degrees, we know that Iran navy recently introduced it's pelican VTOL drone that possibly will have maximum line of sight guidance of 150 km at 8 km altitude, we also know that a radar like gabbiano ultralight (50 kg overall) can detect ships at 300 km away (i brought this example up as we don't know pelican's sensors ability) and also we know that we have Persian gulf missile with EO and Hormuz missile with passive and possibly active sensors.
with all the things we know we can say we possibly can make an upgraded pelican 2 with a radar like gabbiano ultralight and arm a ship with that, a ship that previously upgraded with baby babylon like artillery that it's projectiles have sensors like the ones that integrated in PG and Hormuz missiles and possibly weight more than 150 kg and travel at hyper sonic velocities.
with this upgrades we can easily target ships at 300 km away (and possibly further if our pelican 2 can fly higher) with hyper sonic projectiles repeatedly. also it can be used against aerial targets too, like oto melara 76 mm that is a multi role cannon for both defensive and offensive missions.
gerald bull in his calculations considered the muzzle velocity of baby babylon as mach 7.9, this means the maximum apogee of projectile will be 184 km at 375 km away !!!. this means an anti ballistic missile defense system with around 100-200 km range.
also it can be used against enemy infrastructures if necessary with GPS guidance assist.

Back
Top Bottom