What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

I think it was 20 years ago I saw an interview with Shamkhani, at the time head of Navy (before his time as defence minister), the reporter asked him: "How long would Iran last against the US Navy". The reporter was expecting a lengthy answer of the sort "we will wound them badly...", however Shamkhani didn't blink and swiftly answered: Yek rob (Fifteen minutes!). Needless to say the reporter was baffled by this answer haha
At the time Iran didn't even have cruise missiles, let alone building battle ships.

20 years ago, US secretary of defence would never "ask" his allies to help him with Iran. Times have changed!

that is what i was thinking too no navy will gear to get close to Iran from 2000 KM if we were in war, and that is a big achievement only in 20 years

i just thinking to carrier security protocols:lol:

security protocols in Persian gulf will go down to toilet, they can pick it up when they are in Arabian sea, there is no security in Persian gulf:lol::tup:

ELagCJ0XsAAFiOb.jpg:large

notice the formation of speed boats, the majority of them are next to the last ship of fleet. it makes total sense.
if it was a real war case you should take care of the ship that is behind the fleet first because you know their is no other ship coming and the ships sailing in forward will have difficulty in turning toward the friend ship in shallow waters of PG and help her.
if the trailing guard ship is gone the carrier is an easy target, also notice that there are two boats to keep an eye on carrier and forward sailing ship. it's amazing.

notice the formation of speed boats, the majority of them are next to the last ship of fleet. it makes total sense.
if it was a real war case you should take care of the ship that is behind the fleet first because you know their is no other ship coming and the ships sailing in forward will have difficulty in turning toward the friend ship in shallow waters of PG and help her.
if the trailing guard ship is gone the carrier is an easy target, also notice that there are two boats to keep an eye on carrier and forward sailing ship. it's amazing.

If this was war none of the boats would be allowed to approach even 2KM. Unless Iran was going to do a pre-emptive naval strike during peace time when the enemy has his guard down.

Still would be a violation of war attacking a ship in international waters during peace time.

If this was war none of the boats would be allowed to approach even 2KM. Unless Iran was going to do a pre-emptive naval strike during peace time when the enemy has his guard down.

Still would be a violation of war attacking a ship in international waters during peace time.

if this was war every US ship would be lying at the bootom of the gulf...

if this was war every US ship would be lying at the bootom of the gulf...
Are you serious? :lol:

YA5FKu1.jpg

The above is the actual battle array of a US carrier fleet. So for starter, no one will be able to get past the outer perimeter in the first place. For the Persian Gulf, you might as well put the fleet in the most favorable conditions to make your argument palatable, which is pretty much the way people here sees the USN: How to put the USN in the weakest condition possible to make Iran look good.

Is that how the Iranian military plans its tactics? Hope and speculations?

do the ship really need to turn around to support the ship in the end of the line ?
I seriously doubt its the case . when you face fast boats the best solution is to hunt them with helicipter and missile like seaRam using cannon or guns against those boatts is just waste of time and energy .
those boats if really practicing attacking the strike group is batter to made some distance and use their torpedoes against those ships . that formation is just for trolling those ships

The above is the actual battle array of a US carrier fleet. So for starter, no one will be able to get past the outer perimeter in the first place.
I don't go and say that penetrating those defence is impossible . in 2006 china surfaced one of its new song class submarine several mile away from Kitty-hawk well inside firing range of the missiles and torpedoes of the sub ,. and in 2005 didn't Sweden submarine in a war-game virtually sank Ronald Regan (well to be fair when it happened they were using only passive sonar but you see in sandy shallow water like Persian gulf active sonar is not as useful ad blue waters)

I don't go and say that penetrating those defence is impossible .
Of course nothing is impossible. But some things are so difficult they might as well be impossible.

in 2006 china surfaced one of its new song class submarine several mile away from Kitty-hawk well inside firing range of the missiles and torpedoes of the sub ,.
Explained and debunked here...

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/chinese-submarines-are-they-noisy.369289/#post-4742286

Subs cannot 'stalk' surface vessels. That 'stalk' thing is a myth. Simply put, no sub can run as fast as a surface vessel. Technically, a sub can, but it would defeat the purpose of being a sub in the first place, which is underwater stealth. So no sub is going risk revealing itself by chasing or 'stalking' after a ship.

Rather, submarines are 'ambush predators', meaning they 'lie in wait' for their prey.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambush_predator

It means the sub must, or at least, should know the projected path of a ship then the sub positions itself in that path. So for the Swedish sub 'sinking' an American carrier, we simply do not know the full ROE of the exercise and will never know those details, so I would not put too much faith in what scant public knowledge there are that your Iran can use to plan against US.

We know the Persian Gulf as well as you do, and given the scientific knowledge that we have, do not be surprise that we know more.

YA5FKu1.jpg

The above is the actual battle array of a US carrier fleet. So for starter, no one will be able to get past the outer perimeter in the first place. For the Persian Gulf, you might as well put the fleet in the most favorable conditions to make your argument palatable, which is pretty much the way people here sees the USN: How to put the USN in the weakest condition possible to make Iran look good.

when you mistake the ocean waters with confined and shallow waters around Iran, then what remains is the so called weakest condition.

Millennium Challenge 2002 - Wikipedia

lol, it's US military planners who count on hope and speculations!

Explained and debunked here...

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/chinese-submarines-are-they-noisy.369289/#post-4742286

Subs cannot 'stalk' surface vessels. That 'stalk' thing is a myth. Simply put, no sub can run as fast as a surface vessel. Technically, a sub can, but it would defeat the purpose of being a sub in the first place, which is underwater stealth. So no sub is going risk revealing itself by chasing or 'stalking' after a ship.

Rather, submarines are 'ambush predators', meaning they 'lie in wait' for their prey.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambush_predator

It means the sub must, or at least, should know the projected path of a ship then the sub positions itself in that path. So for the Swedish sub 'sinking' an American carrier, we simply do not know the full ROE of the exercise and will never know those details, so I would not put too much faith in what scant public knowledge there are that your Iran can use to plan against US.

We know the Persian Gulf as well as you do, and given the scientific knowledge that we have, do not be surprise that we know more.
well as you aid the sub don't chase the ships as it will really is an absurd strategy. but the subs can put themselves in way of ships and its they had done since their use as a tool of war. the Chinese sub didn't want to sank USA strike group ,they just wanted to send a message and I'm sure they have planned that well before the incident.

you may knew Persian gulf as good as us, but our equipment there is suited more for blue water ours are more suited for brown water. and still it wont change the fact that Persian gulf is not an ideal place for the poor guy who is sitting behind the sonar.

yesterday they invited Pakistan and now Qatar if i know any better i would say Iran is trying to build an coalition of its own and that is essential for every superpower to have

In the meeting, Rear Admiral Khanzadi pointed to the two-year presidency of the Iranian Navy at the IONS and invited Qatar’s navy to take part as observer in the IONS maritime exercise, which will be held in the northern parts of the Indian Ocean later this Iranian calendar year (ends on March 20, 2020).

https://www.tasnimnews.com/en/news/2019/12/12/2158821/iran-qatar-navy-commanders-meet-in-doha

do the ship really need to turn around to support the ship in the end of the line ?
I seriously doubt its the case . when you face fast boats the best solution is to hunt them with helicipter and missile like seaRam using cannon or guns against those boatts is just waste of time and energy .
those boats if really practicing attacking the strike group is batter to made some distance and use their torpedoes against those ships . that formation is just for trolling those ships
well there is a reason why almost any military platform centers it's capabilities in front of it's structure.
however you are right about using sea ram or phalanx but u didn't consider those two individual boats assined for each ship, if they divide their firepower to save the ship in back how they will counter those two boats?? what is the payload of those boats?? if i were them i were them i would fill it with explosives and hit the ship to stop it so the rest of the boats finish it after finishing those other ships.
also it's naive thinking that US fleet will not enter PG until it's safe, it's like saying they will stop and watch while we are targeting their bases and allies. war is not chess that you have a turn to play, all things will happen at the same time. they will try to overwhelm us we will try to do so as swell. so when they enter PG they will cross near of our islands their this makes it possible that we see such formation in real war.

yesterday they invited Pakistan and now Qatar if i know any better i would say Iran is trying to build an coalition of its own and that is essential for every superpower to have

In the meeting, Rear Admiral Khanzadi pointed to the two-year presidency of the Iranian Navy at the IONS and invited Qatar’s navy to take part as observer in the IONS maritime exercise, which will be held in the northern parts of the Indian Ocean later this Iranian calendar year (ends on March 20, 2020).

https://www.tasnimnews.com/en/news/2019/12/12/2158821/iran-qatar-navy-commanders-meet-in-doha

Really wasting their time if they ever want to build a "coalition" with Pakistan. You can only build coalitions with independent nations!

YA5FKu1.jpg

... to make Iran look good.

the speed boats are not the first line of attack as your media tries to depict, if u watched the IRGCN wargames in the past u would know that the first weapon that will be used in any conflict is persian gulf missile, then shore side CMs, then cruise missile armed boats along with suicide boats and finally this boats to finish the ship and board it.
and i didn't mentioned 35 submarines, frigates, corvettes and air force.
at least we don't call your weapons photoshoped.:D:D

Back
Top Bottom