What's new

Iranian Music, Movies | Cultural discussions

Iranian Movies are world class.

Children of Heaven indeed wonderful movie and few more I watched though don't remember names

Children of heaven is a wonderful movie,though i watched it many years back...i have heard that Bollywood has copied that movie bit by bit..

Iran has indeed produced very good movies, In some the movies sets and costumes are much better then movies of those countries who have excelled the art of production.

The Song of Sparrows

Could not find a thread so decided to open one. Mods please move it if you think its not appropriate.

I have watched only 2 movies.. both are superb. Would like to watch some more.
1. A separation
A-Separation.jpg

2. About Elly
about-elly.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Best Iranian movies imo:

In color of Arghavan:

attachment.php

A Separation

Children of Heaven

Le passé (The Past), from the director of A Separation and About Elly:

8624083459_1ced848cbf_o.jpg

So Close, So Far:

%D8%AE%DB%8C%D9%84%DB%8C_%D8%AF%D9%88%D8%B1_%D8%AE%DB%8C%D9%84%DB%8C_%D9%86%D8%B2%D8%AF%DB%8C%DA%A9.jpg

Glass Agency:

cache_special_pic_800_%D8%A2%DA%98%D8%A7%D9%86%D8%B3%20%D8%B4%DB%8C%D8%B4%D9%87%20%E2%80%8C%D8%A7%DB%8C-300x0-bf.jpg

Low Heights:

7ef703151d662598ae49ec41e0f0ddbf.jpg

Song of Sparrows:

eWeEelS.jpg

Taste of Cherry (nominated for Oscars):

MPW-54822.jpeg
Children of Heaven ..........long back i have seen...... masterpiece, still in my mind

215px-Children_of_heaven.jpg

another one is

BARAN

any buddy who is has interest in watching movie, pl do watch this two ...............masterpiece

both are very old movie........but very classy
large_gWsMJSQIV7P8g8lIPwj35u6Pfsu.jpg

another one is

BARAN

any buddy who is has interest in watching movie, pl do watch this two ...............masterpiece

another one is

BARAN

Circumstance.jpg

First Iranian movie I watched. Randomly found it on a TV channel and because of curiosity I watched it. Somehow it gave a far more positive picture of Iran than I expected.

This movie was not filmed in Iran but in an Arabian country I guess .

There are signs of reality in Iran but its mostly a lie based on hate towards the government .

There are signs of reality in Iran but its mostly a lie based on hate towards the government .

It was filmed in Lebanon and actually it was positive towards Iran than I expected.

Mazraeye Pedari (Father's Field)

FullImage.aspx

scan0016.jpg

This is a scene from the 2003 Iranian film Mazraeye Pedari (Father's Field). It was directed by Rasoul Molagholipour who passed away in 2007. This is his 2nd last film.

In this scene the Iranian soldiers try to blow up a bridge in order to stop the Iraqi troops from advancing their position.

In this scene Iraqi helicopters attack a group of Iranian soldiers during the Iran-Iraq war.

Last edited by a moderator:
Children of Heaven is indeed a beautiful movie; I love it.

It was inspired by the 1948 Italian B&W classic Bicycle Thieves, which was considered by some critics to be the best movie ever made. The Iranian story is different enough to make it enjoyable in its own right, and the Iranian director acknowledged the link by including some inside references to the Italian movie.

It's fun to watch both movies together.

Children of Heaven is indeed a beautiful movie; I love it.

It was inspired by the 1948 Italian B&W classic Bicycle Thieves, which was considered by some critics to be the best movie ever made. The Iranian story is different enough to make it enjoyable in its own right, and the Iranian director acknowledged the link by including some inside references to the Italian movie.

It's fun to watch both movies together.

glad u liked it:kiss3:

this film is the worst movie towards iranian life style ever......
its a total disaster and i am so sorry that i spent 1.5 h on that bs.

Land of The Sun سرزمین خورشید

that's one of the best movies i'v seen before. It has a very beautiful and strong story, it shows an hospital in khorramshahr during iran-iraq war and iraqi forces are in town and they are surrounded and should evacuate hospital, I suggest you to watch it.

FullImage.aspx

377416_213177895429403_1451187728_n.jpg

379927_213178062096053_1387895024_n.jpg

385102_213178692095990_445078897_n.jpg

376066_213178525429340_1549404671_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom