What's new

Iranian Music, Movies | Cultural discussions

I saw this movie when was a kid.. in the late 90s:

jztxyd.jpg

Very strong movie.

Circumstance.jpg

First Iranian movie I watched. Randomly found it on a TV channel and because of curiosity I watched it. Somehow it gave a far more positive picture of Iran than I expected.

come on.. I picked up from the movie.... sepideh jaan ...
@iranigirl2 .. do you know by any chance a movie which I watched a bit .. its about a small girl.. I think she is orphan on street but very cheerful .. I dont remember much about it...

Last edited by a moderator:
come on.. I picked up from the movie.... sepideh jaan ...
@iranigirl2 .. do you know by any chance a movie which I watched a bit .. its about a small girl.. I think she is orphan on street but very cheerful .. I dont remember much about it...

The White Balloon?

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw this movie when was a kid.. in the late 90s:

jztxyd.jpg

Very strong movie.

A lot of parts of India are like that. Are any parts of Pakistan like that?

do you know by any chance a movie which I watched a bit .. its about a small girl.. I think she is orphan on street but very cheerful .. I dont remember much about it...

The White Balloon?

Because I love Iranian movies. I know them all :)

How can you be sure it is The White Balloon? It could have been 'Ayneh'. It is also very similar.

I am a great fan of Iranian Movies. Unlike their competitors, generally they carry a good message and address a social issue.
And allow me to say that, as per Pakistani/Muslim tradition, they have nada, zilch content of vulgarity. In-fact Iranian movies could be regarded as true family movies. Anyone looking to enjoy decently written serious content based movies, should go for IM. And for the freaks out there - take a hike - IM will not fit your soothe of fiction/action/SciFi/glamor.
Some people might rate Iranian movies as boring and find them lengthy, but then you don't have to watch every movie.
This website will be your prime source of finding good quality IM ********.
As someone suggested above, I would like everyone to start with 'A Separation' to develop a fetish for Iranian movies. Awesome is an over-used word, but they are AWESOME.

Back
Top Bottom