What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

I wonder what the status of the Shahed-216 attack helicopter project is, it's been 5 years and sadly no new news of it.

I wonder what the status of the Shahed-216 attack helicopter project is, it's been 5 years and sadly no new news of it.
hopefully it's in progress. also i heard a news today that Iran is trying to develop a four blade variant of cobra which is in the same class of AH-1Z and the project name is toophan-3.

hopefully it's in progress. also i heard a news today that Iran is trying to develop a four blade variant of cobra which is in the same class of AH-1Z and the project name is toophan-3.
Any info about the design? Will it look like the AH-1 cobra Or something like ah-64 or mil mi-28?

Any info about the design? Will it look like the AH-1 cobra Or something like ah-64 or mil mi-28?
it will be the next generation toophan, so it will look alike cobra. the difference will be in the amount of munition it carry's. two blade cobras (AH-1j) are not good for mountainous terrain and for a reliable flight usually they reduce the payload. with additional blades more lift will be generated with thin air and it will allow us to arm the chopper to it's teeth.
no engine no helicopter
seems like it's not a problem...

Please, I hate when they call the Helo Toophan, same name for so many different systems and weapons it becomes increasing annoying to keep up Ha. I wonder why we have many different mersads, and toophans and more.

Please, I hate when they call the Helo Toophan, same name for so many different systems and weapons it becomes increasing annoying to keep up Ha. I wonder why we have many different mersads, and toophans and more.
welcome to Iran :enjoy: how can i help you ? maybe a cold glass of mersad drink ? :lol:

1602454617934.png

it will be the next generation toophan, so it will look alike cobra. the difference will be in the amount of munition it carry's. two blade cobras (AH-1j) are not good for mountainous terrain and for a reliable flight usually they reduce the payload. with additional blades more lift will be generated with thin air and it will allow us to arm the chopper to it's teeth.

seems like it's not a problem...
Nice

So let me get this right, it’s an upgrade program,not a totally new gunship and hardware?

Iran army aviation really need something like that.

Sounds like iran has big problem finding suitable names for military products!!...reminds me of the same problem Greeks have with naming their boys...50% of Greek boys are called George...
we have names alright the problem is that they are Persian and you think its cool but nooooooo we need more Arabic names not that its a bad thing it just that we act more Arabic then the Arabs them self after 40 years we just seeing a couple of Arash in Army.

Back
Top Bottom